This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top05-25-2012 01:44:20 AM

allegoriest
Delicious Duellist
Website

THE MOST GLORIOUS FIC YOU WILL EVER READ

It's about Anthy and the green haired one. It's so romanchikku and getting it on.

A stunning display, the fragrant flowers of the bride, how the scent carries through the wind, through my hair and breath. I will not tell her of their beauty, but I know that inside, she does know my feelings. It may be a miracle of sorts, but she must. I will always believe that.

I bring her the sprinkling can I have filled for her, and she turns around, smiling with her eyes closed. She returns to watering her precious flowers, humming to herself, tapping her foot in rhythm. I feel the sun shining through the glass of her cage, and close my eyes as I bask in its glow, listening to her song.

Lost in time, I feel a warmth near my body, and open my eyes to find her smiling up at me, holding a green rose. I reach out, and hold her hands in mine, bringing it close to smell its ephemeral scent. Her lips form into a smile, coupled with her cold emerald eyes. I drop my hands from hers, at a loss of what to do next, and she happily skips away, leaving the rose lying on the cobblestone floor.

I fall to my knees, watching the way the petals fall to the ground on the flower that will quickly wither and die. A prism of light gleams from a drop, falling along the curves of one of the soft petals. I beetle descends upon it, preparing to drink from the mist upon those fragrant petals. It's shine will be lost to eternity, no matter how beautiful it may be. Nothing can last forever, probably not even the memory of this moment. Someday, everything will be lost in time. Nothing is eternal.

I stand back up, regaining my composure, and make my way to the door of the greenhouse. I place my fingertips on the doorknob, and my body freezes. I can only think of touching her beautiful hands, feeling her long, thin fingers entwined with my own. Has she thought these things about me? Could she ever think of me as her own prince? I close the door behind me, and continue on my way home.

As I walk under vine-laden archways of stone, a gentle breeze catches my veridian hair, and flutters past. Everything here smells of my beloved, the beautiful scent of roses.

Suddenly I am torn from my blissful daydream by the excited shrieks of passerby girls. They cry for the attention of their beloved Saionji, the captain of the kendo club. Could that really be me? Am I truly suitable for those words?

Distraught by this way of thinking, I detour myself towards the kendo hall, perhaps to seek out who I really am. I slide the door the the main challenger's area, a dull light, catching the dust in the heavy air. I can hear the muffled calls of cicada, coming out into the warm night, perhaps trying to bring their beloved to them.

I pull myself a wooden practice sword, and begin to form a stance from my memory. I steady any sort of worry I may have inside of me, and prepare to advance. I will be the best. I have to be, if I want Anthy as my own. I will focus upon whoever stands between us, and I will attack. I swiftly cut through the air, hearing and feeling every motion as thought it were an extension of my own body.

Out of the corner of my eye, scurrying across the floor, I see a strange lilac creature, running towards my leg. He rushes up to my foot, screeching and flailing , as I kick him away. That bastard, always thinking he could keep me away from my beloved Anthy. His fragile body slams against the wall, and falls still to the ground. After a moment, he slowly came up, and ran off. I will never let anyone come between me and my princess.

I throw my practice sword to the ground and proceed to the captain's chambers. I close the door and turn around, to find the silhouette of a girl, kneeling before the altar of swords, one open upon her lap. She turns around, the vermillion of the walls reflecting upon her dark skin. She closes her eyes and smiles, "I will always come here, to serve on my knees, if it is for you."

I approach her and kneel down, gently stroking the back of my hand against her cheek. She smiles coyly, and removes her glasses, showing the depths of her beautiful eyes. I bring my lips to her neck, and kiss her soft skin, as she sits silently, emotionless. I know she still has that plastic smile on, and will never feel any happiness from my flesh. Regardless, I push her down to the floor, and bring myself upon her.

(MEANWHILE, IN THE FUTURE)

Hazily, I find myself falling into consciousness, staring at the dark, faintly lit wall of the kendo hall. I feel a warmth next to me, still without the sound of a heartbeat. I bring my hand to her collar bone, and she places hers above mine. Her dark skin contrasts against mine, and I bust my face into her neck. Several locks of hair are falling out of the tight curls she wears and a warm fog is caught under her glasses. I pull myself close, and fall asleep in her arms.

The next morning, I awoke to find myself alone, my shirt draped over me, with a wilted green rose laid beside me. I redress myself, and make my way back into the schoolyard to find her. I come upon her rose garden, and find her with her back towards me, humming to herself once again.

She turns around to face me and asks,"Well, Chuchu, what shall we do today?" she purrs, shaking the can of poison, in preparation to bring sorrow to all those who would harm her precious roses. I push a lock of green hair back from my face, and simply reply, "chu-chu..."

Oh, and like, it takes place immediately after the curry episode. Just like, an afternote.

Last edited by allegoriest (05-25-2012 05:08:22 PM)

#2 | Back to Top05-25-2012 09:04:04 AM

gorgeousshutin
Bare Footman
Website

Re: THE MOST GLORIOUS FIC YOU WILL EVER READ

emot-aaa

Super . . . flamboyant?

(SKU/MPD) Seinen Kakumei Utena (Completed as of May 12, 2018) / (PSOH/SKU) Revolutionary Human Leon (Updated to Part 4 as of Oct 31, 2017) / (NGE) The End of Hedgehog_s Dilemma (Updated to Part II Chapter 6 as of May 17, 2016) / (BananaFish) Medusa (Updated to Chapter 3 as of Mar 1, 2016)
http://archiveofourown.org/users/gorgeousshutin/works or https://www.fanfiction.net/u/3978886/

#3 | Back to Top05-25-2012 12:39:49 PM

allegoriest
Delicious Duellist
Website

...flamboyant?

#4 | Back to Top05-25-2012 05:10:18 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

This sounds crazy, but... looking at this fic made me wonder:

What if Chuchus were all originally fragments of the souls of the duelists who had failed in the past, but is so obsessed with Anthy, that she took them in to live with her as her pets, sorta like a consolation prize for the fact that they at least tried to win the duels? :|a

It'd be kinda like how in ancient myths, heroes and champions being sent up to the sky as stars to accompany the heavens after they die.

Last edited by Hiraku (05-25-2012 05:11:56 PM)

#5 | Back to Top05-25-2012 05:25:26 PM

gorgeousshutin
Bare Footman
Website

flamboyant?

If there exists something that's even more sparkly and flowery than the SKU MANGA, this is it (I suppose it is rather glorious . . .)

(SKU/MPD) Seinen Kakumei Utena (Completed as of May 12, 2018) / (PSOH/SKU) Revolutionary Human Leon (Updated to Part 4 as of Oct 31, 2017) / (NGE) The End of Hedgehog_s Dilemma (Updated to Part II Chapter 6 as of May 17, 2016) / (BananaFish) Medusa (Updated to Chapter 3 as of Mar 1, 2016)
http://archiveofourown.org/users/gorgeousshutin/works or https://www.fanfiction.net/u/3978886/

#6 | Back to Top05-26-2012 01:42:59 PM

Bluesky
Chpn Dlst
Website

gorgeousshutin wrote:

flamboyant?

If there exists something that's even more sparkly and flowery than the SKU MANGA, this is it (I suppose it is rather glorious . . .)

Agreed -  would make an awesome shojo doujin. Flying sparkles and outstretched arms etc

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

#7 | Back to Top05-27-2012 12:26:47 PM

allegoriest
Delicious Duellist
Website

Really? I actually find it really really depressing. emot-confused

But here, a gift~

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i429/allegoriest/saionjikun.png

#8 | Back to Top05-27-2012 01:32:16 PM

gorgeousshutin
Bare Footman
Website

Really? I actually find it really really depressing.

Don't be depressed, allegoriest, this Glorious fic (1000+ words) is earning C&C at a MUCH faster pace than my own Seinen Kakumei multipart Fic  (currently 4 parts and 24379 + words, and with more coming) at this forum; I'd consider this a GLORIOUS achievement if I'm you emot-keke

p.s. Love your glorious gift.

#9 | Back to Top05-27-2012 03:06:42 PM

allegoriest
Delicious Duellist
Website

gorgeousshutin wrote:

Really? I actually find it really really depressing.

Don't be depressed, allegoriest, this Glorious fic (1000+ words) is earning C&C at a MUCH faster pace than my own Seinen Kakumei multipart Fic  (currently 4 parts and 24379 + words, and with more coming) at this forum; I'd consider this a GLORIOUS achievement if I'm you emot-keke

p.s. Love your glorious gift.

I mean, I find the tone of the fic depressing. XD

(AND YOU LOVE SHOUJO SAIONJI)

#10 | Back to Top05-27-2012 03:17:55 PM

gorgeousshutin
Bare Footman
Website

. . . oh, my bad. emot-rofl

P.S. Wavy haired, pretty-faced, slender-built Saionji is indeed the kind of "brute" that could only appear in a "shoujo" setting.
P.P.S.  Your glorious Saionji pic had ignited such char-love in me, I'm now making him the POV character for Part 5 of Seinen Kakumei Utena; he won't be getting much loving from Anthy in my story though . . .

Last edited by gorgeousshutin (05-27-2012 09:03:11 PM)

#11 | Back to Top05-28-2012 11:27:14 PM

onsenmark
Spambane
Website

There needs to be a thread just for crackfics like this.

watch me whine: onsenmark.livejournal.com

Saa, omae no tsumi o kazoero!

#12 | Back to Top05-29-2012 12:05:28 AM

allegoriest
Delicious Duellist
Website

gorgeousshutin wrote:

. . . oh, my bad. emot-rofl

P.S. Wavy haired, pretty-faced, slender-built Saionji is indeed the kind of "brute" that could only appear in a "shoujo" setting.
P.P.S.  Your glorious Saionji pic had ignited such char-love in me, I'm now making him the POV character for Part 5 of Seinen Kakumei Utena; he won't be getting much loving from Anthy in my story though . . .

Well, in all fairness, it isn't really Saionji being all shoujo-rabu, it's chuchu, infesting his body with the delicious powers of curry.

Board footer