This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top04-16-2007 07:52:52 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

The Great Body Parting (Videogame Trivia)

Okay, so now satyreyes owns my brainstem because he caught my Robotrek reference in the General SKUpidity thread. Congrats, satyreyes! Now, I'm thinking of doling my other body parts out, but ONLY if you can guess the answers to these videogame trivia questions!

They're all about SNES and NES games, so be alert! No new stuff here, folks! First come, first serve...if you got the answer right, that is! You will have to wait for my confirmation.

First prize is...BioKraze's Thyroid Gland (A bit wonky, but it does its job...sorta...)
First Question: On the original Chrono Trigger box art, which Triple Tech is being performed? (Bonus points if you know who can perform it! 3 Flaming Poptarts for the person who guesses the enemy right!)

Get to guessing, folks! You never know what I might offer next!

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#2 | Back to Top04-16-2007 10:54:13 PM

Red Angel
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)

Re: The Great Body Parting (Videogame Trivia)

Allegoriest HATES that picture, and part of me agrees.

It has Chrono, Marle and Frog in the snow battling what we think looked like a Heckran, using fire sword? O_o
The three together use arc impulse in game, but... Marle doesn't USE fire magic....

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u187/cherry_whispers/signature.jpg

#3 | Back to Top04-17-2007 11:18:55 AM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Ding ding ding on all three counts!

Red Angel gets my thyroid gland, a bonus Internet and poptartpoptartpoptart for the win!

Lavos much, Red Angel? Stay tuned for the next question!

Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#4 | Back to Top04-17-2007 11:48:47 AM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Okies, time for the next challenge!

Today's body part is: BioKraze's Pancreas. (Filled with type-2 diabetic goodness!)
The Question: In Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen, what does Deneb want in return for joining your army? (Bonus points given if you know who she likes! 3 Flaming Poptarts if you know what units comprise her "join party" group!)

#5 | Back to Top04-17-2007 01:06:41 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

I guess I should explain the rules, now should I? Huhuhu...

The rules are thus: The forum has a week from the posting of the question and body part to be claimed to answer the core question. Bonus points are given as a random number of Internets won for guessing the bonus point question. Three Flaming Poptarts are given for the Poptart Bonus question. The person who posts the answer first and has it confirmed by ME, BioKraze (and nobody else!) wins the body part in question. I am keeping track of who has won what, and will keep track until I give out the Grand Prize! (Don't worry, if anybody forgets, I'll post a list to sum up who owns what part of me.)

These trivia questions are very obscure ones, as are the body parts. And they centre entirely on SNES, NES and MS-DOS games. No new stuff here, folks! Your vintage gaming knowledge had better be up to the test if you want parts, Internets and Poptarts!

AGAIN, if you collaborate, I will give credit of ownage only to the person who posts the answer. So if you collaborate, be sure to determine who gets the credit (and therefore, who posts the answer!)

Also, since KTK brought the question up, you may use the Internets to search for answers. But with the obscurity of these questions, you're gonna have to look HARD if you want good answers that get you body parts!

Finally, in all fairness, any answer will be judged. If wrong, you must wait 24 hours to post another answer, in the name of equal opportunity. Posting an answer too early will result in disqualification for the part in question. If you're collaborating, all involved in the team will be subjected to the rules if your representative blows it. Please be kind and let others have a chance, too!

Last edited by BioKraze (08-05-2013 09:52:45 PM)

#6 | Back to Top04-17-2007 10:28:28 PM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

Racking brain....uh...again only something i played once.....Golden Bough...or something to that efect. but thats all i gotts : (

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q278/SisterElla09/mrsaturnDance.gif

#7 | Back to Top04-17-2007 11:54:17 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Well, KTK got there first with the Golden Bough, but her people are Pumpkin Heads. (what is with her and pumpkins, anyway? I never got that...)

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#8 | Back to Top04-18-2007 10:57:18 AM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

KTK gets the win. You now own my pancreas! Congrats!

As for you, Shattered, you only get poptart (1 Flaming Poptart) because you didn't guess how many Pumpkins join with Deneb.

The full answers are:

For the body part...Golden Bough.
For the Internets...She likes the male Opinion Leader (Your character, only if you chose to be a Lord).
For the Poptarts...2 Pumpkins join with Deneb when she opts to join your army.

Keep your eyes peeled for the next question!

#9 | Back to Top04-18-2007 12:17:05 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Woohoo! I've got a question and a body part on the auction block!

Today's body part is: BioKraze's Aorta (The ultimate in squicky Goth bracelets! Impress your friends!)
Today's question is: In Robotrek, what does Tetron REALLY do? (Bonus points for how many pieces it comes in, and 3 Flaming Poptarts if you know the item Blackmore used the Tetron in!)

Get to guessing! You never know what'll be next!

#10 | Back to Top04-24-2007 12:24:24 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

ONE DAY LEFT! You've got only 24 hours to come up with some answers!

...maybe I should lay off the tough questions...but where's the fun in THAT? emot-confused

#11 | Back to Top04-25-2007 03:41:52 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

I GET TO KEEP MY AORTA! Whoop-de-fucking-doo...

Well, for your amusement, the answers were...

For the body part...Tetron allows time manipulation.
For the Internets...It comes in three shards, or Stones.
For the Poptarts...Blackmore uses it to power a Laser aimed at the town of Rococo to destroy the village.

I guess I'm gonna have to come up with either easier questions or dig questions out of more common games, quiaff? Oh, well. Back to the drawing board...

#12 | Back to Top04-25-2007 04:36:08 PM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

the questions are too tough. you beat us quiz master! now make the questions easy.....er.......

#13 | Back to Top04-25-2007 05:14:09 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Okay, question time! This one's a little easier, but still a bit challenging!

Today's body part is: BioKraze's Aorta (Yup, second chance at the best squicky Goth bracelet in town!)
Today's question is: In Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES), what kind of entity is not welcome in the Village of Outcasts? (Bonus points for guessing the full name of the Village's dungeon, and 3 Flaming Poptarts for guessing what the dungeon's Grand Treasure is!)

Get to answering! You never know what'll be next!

#14 | Back to Top04-27-2007 01:35:19 AM

Red Angel
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)

...people without rupees are not allowed there?

the dungeon is Blind's Hideout? (for some reason I wanna say theives' town, but I'm sure that's not it....)
And I think you get the titan's mitt... Or whatever the let's lift heavy things item was in that game....

I need to replay that game X__x
I'm sure at least half of that is wrong >_<

#15 | Back to Top04-27-2007 01:43:58 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Processing...PROCESSING!!

Red Angel, you now own my Aorta and poptartpoptartpoptart . Take good care of it for me! However, you got the Bonus Internets Question wrong.

For the curious, the answers are:

For the body part: People without Rupees are not welcome.
For the Internets: Gargoyle's Domain is the OFFICIAL name of the dungeon.
For the Poptarts: The Titan's Mitt is the Grand Treasure of Gargoyle's Domain.

Sorry, KTK! I thought you'd get this one for sure. But Red Angel now owns TWO BioKraze parts! Congrats!

#16 | Back to Top04-28-2007 11:43:32 PM

Red Angel
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)

awesome.

Must start hoarding parts to rebuild allegoriest, who will surely be near dead come end of semester. X_X Your parts aren't... well... vampiric are they? (looking for a fresh new set that isn't allergic to garlic, light and the like... Need a companion to eat Italian with me during the day. >__<)

Though, using it as a bracelet DOES sound tempting....

#17 | Back to Top04-29-2007 11:40:59 AM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Hmmm...I think I've got our next question!

Today's body part is: BioKraze's Appendix (A relic of evolutionary times past!)
Today's question is: In Chrono Trigger, we all know Crono's a silent protagonist. But where does Crono get the chance to speak, and he takes it? (Bonus points of you know how to trigger this very special event, and 3 Flaming Poptarts if you know EXACTLY what he says!)

Get to guessing! You never know what will be next!

Last edited by BioKraze (04-29-2007 11:41:24 AM)

#18 | Back to Top04-29-2007 11:44:08 AM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

ACK! i never beat that game... damn it...

#19 | Back to Top04-29-2007 11:47:17 AM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

This is one of those obscure questions. I highly doubt anybody will be able to claim this particular part. By the way, how far did you get, KTK?

Last edited by BioKraze (04-29-2007 11:47:39 AM)

#20 | Back to Top04-29-2007 11:48:18 AM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

eh...then try a different question about the same game...idk

#21 | Back to Top04-29-2007 11:49:57 AM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Maybe Shattered will get it, if he pops in. Maybe Red Angel will get a third BioKraze Part. I'm not changing the question until 7 days passes.

#22 | Back to Top04-29-2007 02:19:23 PM

Almaser
Qualified Duellist

Chrono only speaks in the very last possible ending named 'A Slide Show?' which is available in NewGame+ by jumping through the 'Bucket At The Edge Of Time' to Lavos just after Schala opens up the sealed door in Zeal Palace. I can't think of exactly what he says, but it's along the lines of "What are you two doing? What happened to the nice little slideshow?"

#23 | Back to Top04-29-2007 02:20:11 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

Crono talks during the ending which involves Marle and Lucca commentating on most of the male characters in the game.

This is one of the endings you get in New Game+ by using the special gate in Lucca's teleportation device to fight Lavos directly. The ending depends on when, during the game, you use the portal. I believe this one is gotten if you go directly after returning from Medina village, through the Mystic Cave, rather than heading back to 600A.D. to learn about Magus and his connection to Lavos. But I could be way off.

I'm not sure if this is exactly what he says, but it's along the lines of "I thought this was supposed to be an innocent slideshow!" At which point Marle and Lucca run away in fear.

[edit] - Curses, foiled again!

Last edited by Ragnarok (04-29-2007 02:20:47 PM)

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#24 | Back to Top04-29-2007 02:25:58 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Geeze, you guys! I don't know what to say! Well, Almaser gets the appendix because s/he got the answer first. This is the fastest one yet! Ragnarok gets poptart (one Poptart) because s/he didn't get the EXACT text, but got the gist of it. Almaser also gets poptart for getting the general idea. But Almaser also gets 10 Internets (bonus points) for guessing how to unlock the "Girl Chat Slideshow" ending.

For the curious, the answers are:

For the body part: The slideshow ending with Lucca and Marle chatting over the guys.
For the Internets: Defeat Lavos AFTER Schala opens the door to the throne room, but BEFORE you power up Marle's pendant with the Mammon Machine.
For the Poptarts: Crono's EXACT quote is "What ARE you two doing?! I thought you said something about a nice little slide show?"

So Almaser gets the body part due to first dibs rule. Sorry, Ragnarok. But I'll have something soon...

#25 | Back to Top04-29-2007 02:28:36 PM

Almaser
Qualified Duellist

Mmm, appendix and internets.

Ragnarok, shall we have a toast to Chrono Trigger with our burning poptarts? poptart Cheers!

Board footer