This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top12-19-2015 08:39:49 PM

DorianGray345
Tenjou Tilter

Schell Bullet Translation Project

Hey all.

One of my eBay packages came in the mail today, and my two volumes of Schell Bullet were included. If anyone wants, wishes, and is able to translate the two works, I can scan the pages and email them to the poor sap kind soul.

"Depression, the bereavement of the Past
Anxiety, the imminence of the Future
Contentment, the seduction of the Present
Time flows mercilessly, and I reside on the Island of Denial"

#2 | Back to Top12-20-2015 12:51:58 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Re: Schell Bullet Translation Project

Wow that shit would be awesome. They're novels, right, with supplementary art, same as Shounen Ou? How long are they? I'd love to see some stuff on it, I'm a sci-fi girl.

(BTW I haven't forgotten the SKU novels...but someone changed their translation of the book titles so now I have to redo the layout emot-tongue)

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#3 | Back to Top12-20-2015 07:23:53 AM

DorianGray345
Tenjou Tilter

Yup, and pretty small ones at that - not in content, but in stature. Think of a smart phone, and double it's width - that's the size of these novels. Page length varies between 250-300 pages.

Most of the inserts are line-art of various characters, Schells, and scenery from the novels. The only color inserts, located in the beginning of the each novel, compose the "Cast List" section. So... kinda sorta, but not really, like Shounen Ou? The most scandalous artwork is on the covers, though that only exists if naked Barbies and boobs are sketchy stuff.

There are some scans and info on http://www.gearsonline.net/series/schellbullet/, though it's pretty barren - you're more liable to find artwork than information, but for the curious [and bored], have at it.

And funny thing, Gio - someone was selling the Shounen Ou novelization on Amazon. I've been meaning to buy it, and I finally caved in and did so. Maybe there's some new content in it I can upload, as well?

Random Postscript:
- The title of Schell Bullet: Volume One "Aden Arabie" is also the title of an essay/novella by Paul Nizan, one of Sartre's buddies and fellow students.
- Enokido wrote a novel entitled "Reptilant Army." What does it pertain to? I have no earthly idea!

#4 | Back to Top11-13-2016 02:47:59 AM

StormVanguard
New Student

Here's hoping this project isn't dead.

#5 | Back to Top11-29-2016 08:19:14 PM

Ikarikun
Wakaba Wrangler

Any progress on this front? I am slowly learning Japanese, so am unable to translate (yet!!) but can/has anyone else? I would seriously pay for this, lol etc-love

For the revolution of the world, I won't give up on love!

#6 | Back to Top11-29-2016 10:54:41 PM

Arale
Sunlit Gardener (Prelude)
Website

The fact that the second book is called Abraxas makes me think Schell Bullet might deal with themes similar to Utena. Or at least Demian.

I'd jump right on reading this, especially since it seems so forgotten, but while we're waiting, the "soundtrack" album has been on youtube for a while. Yes, the books got a soundtrack. It's pretty awesome.

im a shadow play girl irl

#7 | Back to Top11-29-2016 11:34:43 PM

Ikarikun
Wakaba Wrangler

Fuck yeah Demian... another language I have to learn more of...
"Der Vogel kämpft sich aus dem Ei. Das Ei ist die Welt. Wer geboren werden will, muß eine Welt zerstören. Der Vogel fliegt zu Gott. Der Gott heißt Abraxas."

#8 | Back to Top07-08-2017 01:11:51 PM

DorianGray345
Tenjou Tilter

Hey, guys!

So, after two years, I am finally beginning to scan the Schell: Bullet light novels. Sorry about the delay!

Ideally, I will finish scanning these two beauties by the conclusion of July, so hang tight!

#9 | Back to Top07-09-2017 02:02:08 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Holy shit yiss!

I need to see if I still have the cd.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.

#10 | Back to Top07-13-2017 09:36:37 AM

DorianGray345
Tenjou Tilter

I have the entire album on my phone. The contents are very... eclectic, to say the least, but are quite enjoyable. Several of the tracks give off a Seazer-esque vibe, and [some of] the instrumentation from Track 3 ("Belta Geeth") vaguely reminds me of the Utena film's OST. In other words, it sounds like an Utena-esque mecha series' OST.

Also, an impromptu update: I have scanned more than 50% of the contents of Aden Arabie! Just a hundred pages remain, and a good portion of them comprise the glossary. Wish me luck!

#11 | Back to Top07-15-2017 12:40:05 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Hell yeah!

I've got the CD I'm scanning the booklet and such for anyone that would be interested.

#12 | Back to Top07-20-2017 02:17:18 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details … Bullet.zip

So this is the Schell Bullet album with complete, readable scans of the booklet, ripped in high quality VBR mp3 and fully tagged...if anyone's into this sort of thing. cool

WTF, This is Gio, BTW. Posting from Yasha's account because we have no fucking boundaries in this house. emot-biggrin

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#13 | Back to Top03-12-2018 09:46:46 PM

Ikarikun
Wakaba Wrangler

Any news?

#14 | Back to Top05-19-2018 08:45:11 PM

SilverCrono
New Student

Second bump, can confirm interest in translation... also, Gio, the link you posted last is dead now emot-frown

P O S S E S S I O N E R
twitter: @vintageanime

Board footer