This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#51 | Back to Top09-12-2007 04:54:40 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Re: SKU-Deflowered

Heh, I feel bad raining on the welcome parade, but it really belongs in the Welcome Thread, okay?

My first impression of the series:

What? This is... comprehensible. WHERE IS MY ACID TRIP????? emot-confused

My first impression of the end of the series:

HOLY FUCK.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#52 | Back to Top09-12-2007 06:04:03 AM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

Funny, my first impression of episode 33 was UNHOLY FUCK emot-mad

"The devil want me as is, but god he want more."
-Truck North
Honorary Hat Mafia Member

#53 | Back to Top09-12-2007 01:51:05 PM

Amiki-chan
Saionji Slapper

I must admit, I'm a shoujo fan. I love Sailor Moon and will probably like any shoujo you put in front of me.

My first impression of SKU:

OMG this is so freaking awesome! This is way better than Sailor Moon (thought this thanks to the cover).
And of course, all of my initial reactions to the various characters changed pretty drastically as the show progressed (except for towards Utena and Touga, I liked Utena through the whole thing, and I disliked Touga through the whole thing)

The last episode made me cry. That and the episode where Utena sleeps with Akio threw me out of wack for a while. (kind of freaky how it affected me so much really o_o)

No clue who made this (or any of my avatars really) so if it was you let me know...and I'll give you credit!

#54 | Back to Top09-13-2007 01:45:00 AM

bea
Saionji Slapper

As I think I've alreay written somewhere, I started watching SKU after much hesitation due to the fact that I've been a Versailles no Bara fan since I was 5 (that anime is always sooo popular here in Italy!)
Anyway, I was hooked and knew that I would want more as soon as I watched the first episode on youtube - but I remember going "WTF?!?" when the Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku chorus kicked in... Kinda like, "Ok, I'm starting to understand why people find this show weird...!"
Oh, but I liked the SPG from day one, really, although it took me some time to read between their lines!

By the way, did I mention it is now my favourite anime along with Maria-sama ga miteru? It probably came into my life at the perfect time and helped me getting through a number of problems, that's why...

Seeking eternity!
[take my r-evolution]

#55 | Back to Top09-21-2007 11:53:23 PM

Nocturnalux
Qualified Duellist

I found Utena through an essay, it was well written and complex that I simply *had* to watch the series. Which is why I was a tad disappointed during the first episodes. I also wondered why everyone was so oddly thin, eventually the artwork started to grow on me and now I love it.
Once the Black Rose arc began I knew that I would absolutely enjoy the series. My first impression of the ending was: "What in the name of...?"

Board footer