This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top10-29-2006 04:29:00 PM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

NaNoWriMo!

Hey, just a quick shout out -- any other suckers here indulging in the NaNo this year? I am, and I am already feeling the panic settling deep within my bones. emot-aaa

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#2 | Back to Top10-29-2006 05:58:12 PM

Rosemary Bats
Mikage Mistruster

Re: NaNoWriMo!

I'm gonna give it an honest shot, but I dunno if I'll complete it. emot-aaa

WARNING: Rabid fangirl and well of useless trivia; wielder of endless random theories; pervy fancier of all things Anthy and/or Chigusa.
-I have the honor of playing Tenjou Utena on LJ's wonderful UTENA_RPG.-

#3 | Back to Top10-29-2006 06:14:06 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Let's assume I'm retarded and one of you will bemusedly explain what this is. emot-confused

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#4 | Back to Top10-29-2006 06:14:10 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

What is this NaNo? Can you eat it? emot-confused

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#5 | Back to Top10-29-2006 06:20:57 PM

Romanticide
Cow Bellhop

I don't think is an ipod Nano, could you please explain it? emot-confused

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1390/firmautenaji0.jpg

#6 | Back to Top10-29-2006 06:42:25 PM

Rosemary Bats
Mikage Mistruster

NaNoWriMo: National Novel Writing Month. You have from the beginning to the end of November to write a novel of 50,000 or more words.

WARNING: Rabid fangirl and well of useless trivia; wielder of endless random theories; pervy fancier of all things Anthy and/or Chigusa.

#7 | Back to Top10-29-2006 06:42:42 PM

skewed_tartan
Touga Topper
Website

I'm not sure what the exact acronym is but its this..well not contest...but effort I suppose is a good word, for a community of people to form and help each other write a novel in a month. They basically give each other advice and encouagment and its basically a drive to get people writing.

I'd join but you can't use something you were already working on to do it with and I don't have enought in me to write two stories since I'm already working on one. emot-gonk Lovely idea though, I like to do it one day.

#8 | Back to Top10-29-2006 07:47:38 PM

Ivy-chan
Unfulfilled Juror

I CONSTANTLY JOIN ON THIS BANDWAGON AND IT NEVER FINISHES OMG.

So, I will join again this month and furiously pump out three pages, sob, rewrite, realign the plot, add more characters, erase, rewrite, despair, procrastinate, and resolve that NEXT NaNo it will be different.

If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulders of giants.
-Isaac Newton

#9 | Back to Top10-29-2006 07:56:36 PM

Ger
Rose Smilee
Website

I did it last year. I finished about 20,000 words and then ran out of steam. Plus, work ate my life.

So I suppose I will do it again this year, with much the same result, yet it doesn't stop me from trying! bwahaha emot-gonk

#10 | Back to Top10-29-2006 08:12:08 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

I need a magic gnome that kicks me in the butt until I start writing. emot-frown

A couple years ago I almost entered with the thought of writing a smutty romance novel, which would be hilarious for me to do without a) having ever read one or b) had any of the experience needed to write one.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#11 | Back to Top10-29-2006 08:42:35 PM

Rosemary Bats
Mikage Mistruster

Ragnarok wrote:

I need a magic gnome that kicks me in the butt until I start writing. emot-frown

A couple years ago I almost entered with the thought of writing a smutty romance novel, which would be hilarious for me to do without a) having ever read one or b) had any of the experience needed to write one.

Oh god. I have yet to come across a well-written smutty romance novel. I stopped looking soon after I started. *eyebleed*

#12 | Back to Top10-29-2006 08:48:36 PM

Suncat
Touga Topper
Website

Here's the web site:

http://www.nanowrimo.org/

Laurie

#13 | Back to Top10-30-2006 02:47:00 AM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

I think I'll be participating... I'm planning to write an Gord and Benson-esque bondage smut novel. Since that's where my mind's been lately. Maybe that'll get it out of my system. I may even discuss it as I work on it over on IFD, if things go well.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#14 | Back to Top10-30-2006 06:19:30 AM

Mylene
Fighting Evil By Moonlight

I did it for the first time last year, and met the 50k with about 2 weeks to go in the month.  However, I was also working in a temporary secretarial position that had NO WORK TO DO (most boring job ever), so I spent 5 or 6 hours of my workday writing.  That makes getting through 50k a snap, and I didn't even work on it at all during the evenings or weekends.  Unfortunately, I still haven't finished the story I was working on (maybe 1/10 of the way complete...I like long stuff!).  I'm sort of considering signing up this year and trying to finish last year's story, but I'm a grad student now, and I have a couple of big projects I'll be working on during that time...

It's pretty fun, but really I think it's only something I want to do once.  I know that with more responsibilities on me, I won't even consider working on my NaNo anyway.

#15 | Back to Top10-30-2006 06:22:56 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

ShatteredMirror wrote:

I may even discuss it as I work on it over on IFD, if things go well.

Bondage smut is always welcome in IFD. As for participating in this, my writing is only slightly better than Stephen Hawking's tangoing, so this I will sit out in showing of my love for those who might have read my work. Everyone's certainly free to post their efforts here though! It sounds like a great way to kick you lazy writers in the ass. emot-smile

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.

#16 | Back to Top10-30-2006 12:01:34 PM

Nessie
New Student

Oh yes. emot-dance I did it last year - and I won. I have the right to have a blown-up ego about it.

Shitty incestious horror, here I come. school-chef

#17 | Back to Top10-30-2006 01:06:17 PM

Lotte
Saionji Slapper

Giovanna wrote:

It sounds like a great way to kick you lazy writers in the ass. emot-smile

You leave my ass alone, damnit. D:

50,000 words, one month? Sounds like machoism.

.. Hell, guess it means I'm doing it~

Oh, and Nessie, congratulations!

#18 | Back to Top10-30-2006 03:56:31 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Lotte wrote:

What about if I put on a mask and sing a little? emot-dance

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. I'm going to hell. emot-frown By the way, congrats, Nessie!

#19 | Back to Top10-31-2006 06:59:25 AM

Lotte
Saionji Slapper

Giovanna wrote:

Lotte wrote:

What about if I put on a mask and sing a little? emot-dance

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. I'm going to hell. emot-frown By the way, congrats, Nessie!

school-devil Can I join you?

But still, I have trouble writing the first goddamn page of short stories. ;__; Novel? Must. Persevere.

Board footer