This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top03-08-2007 10:16:42 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Re: Special Abilities

Ooh, save and reload! That's a good one! I'm actually pretty keen on "rewind" myself, but that works pretty well I think.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#27 | Back to Top03-08-2007 10:52:24 PM

Hinotori
The Notable Death Mantis

Sub Atomic particle manipulation, creation - In theory this would also come with a genius knowlege of chemistry (organic or otherwise) and particle physics and somewhat of a promise not to screw everything up constantly. With a little practice I'm sure I could do all kinds of things I've thought through entirely in the past but I'm too lazy to type out now.

Knowlege Absorption(metoo) - I like figuring things out myself, so I'd probably only use this to figure out  how to communicate with animals or something lame like that. It could be convenient for things I can't be assed to learn though. (like spelling and grammar)

Ability to live in any environment - What's the fun in being able to talk to giant isopods without being able to visit them for tea?

Hinotori made this post, and then went back and changed it later. Such is life.

#28 | Back to Top03-09-2007 09:44:05 AM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

BioKraze wrote:

Gio, I worship the way you think. Your abilities are top rate. With such powers, you would be not a god, but an Incarnation of Immortality. Probably either Gaea or Lachesis.

ShatteredMirror wrote:

If Gio was an Incarnation of Immortality she'd be Aphrodite. Who cares that Piers Anthony didn't include her in his series? She's sexy, resourceful and a bit manipulative to boot.

Oh god, two more people in this world who know what IoI is? Oh god. I'm having an orgasm. Several of them, actually. And I thought Aphrodite was mentioned, as one of Gaea's Aspects, or whatever the ones under an Incarnation's dominance were. Like how Mars had Pestilence and Famine. emot-confused emot-confused Been a while though.

Oh god. etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl  etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl  etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl

Last edited by morosemocha (03-09-2007 09:44:52 AM)

The first time you looked at her curves you were hooked
And the glances you took, took hold of you and demanded that you stay
And sunk in their teeth, bit your heart and released
Such a charge that you need another touch, another taste, another fix

#29 | Back to Top03-09-2007 12:11:27 PM

angelicreation
The Breast Saviour
Website

I adore Imcarnations of Immortality.  I've read all but the God book.  I've been told I'd be onr of the Incarnations of Mars.  *shrugs*  I dunno.

Life is short: break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o202/ninjasin/fate1pu4-1.jpg

#30 | Back to Top03-09-2007 06:02:48 PM

Drukqs
Ballgoer
Website

Telekinesis- So there can be plenty of head exploding for everyone! school-devil
Intangibility/Invisibility- Then I can do hella illegal stuff, like sneak into Best Buy and get that nice HDTV screen...
Technopathy- I can dowload Tetris into my mind! emot-dance

You can go to LJ, or tastysouls.deviantart.com

#31 | Back to Top03-09-2007 06:25:55 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

BioKraze wrote:

Razara, your Debug menu power...about the Sims...do you mean the original or Sims 2? I ask because I have every expansion for Sims 1 but don't even have the basic Sims 2 (nor plan to obtain it).

The Sims 2. I would be nice if they had that in the first game, too, though.

#32 | Back to Top03-09-2007 06:43:00 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

morosemocha wrote:

And I thought Aphrodite was mentioned, as one of Gaea's Aspects, or whatever the ones under an Incarnation's dominance were.

Maybe she was. I don't think I read Being a Green Mother or if I did it was a long time ago. The only ones I remember well are Chronos and Mars.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#33 | Back to Top03-10-2007 04:54:12 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

ShatteredMirror wrote:

morosemocha wrote:

And I thought Aphrodite was mentioned, as one of Gaea's Aspects, or whatever the ones under an Incarnation's dominance were.

Maybe she was. I don't think I read Being a Green Mother or if I did it was a long time ago. The only ones I remember well are Chronos and Mars.

Chronos' tale made my head spin like Linda Blair. And Aphrodite was never mentioned in the book. The lesser Incarnation you're thinking of is Eros. Poor guy said the wrong thing and the world gets the finger...

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#34 | Back to Top03-10-2007 08:52:27 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

Being a Green Mother was pretty much nonsense, it's the last one I read.  I did enjoy the first four, though.

Last edited by Ragnarok (03-10-2007 08:53:47 PM)

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#35 | Back to Top03-10-2007 09:06:47 PM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

really? I read Green Mother first and enjoyed it so much I read all the rest. I like Death and Evil the absolute most -Evil just the tiniest bit more. I think by the time Anthony wrote For Love of Evil his writing was more...polished, I guess? I dunno. But I enjoyed it. Chronos though....I had top read that one about four or five times before I could make the whole thing make sense. Oo Figuring out the proper chronology makes my head spin, tho. I have God, but I haven't read it. I start, and I ust don't keep interest in it. emot-frown

The first time you looked at her curves you were hooked
And the glances you took, took hold of you and demanded that you stay
And sunk in their teeth, bit your heart and released
Such a charge that you need another touch, another taste, another fix

#36 | Back to Top03-10-2007 09:43:42 PM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

A lot of Green Mother didn't make sense to me. Mainly "Oh, I'm despressed, I guess I'll sing the song that ENDS THE WORLD NOW!" And the ending... *Shrug.*

In terms of writing ability, I do agree that Anthony improved a lot over the course of the series. He also veered away from blatant sexual stuff (Satanic nipple torture!) Plotwise I'm sure he was making it up as he went along, his books usually have a lot of tangents which can be enjoyable but unfocused.

The order I read them in (based solely on what I could get my hands on at the time) was Fate -> Time -> Death -> War -> Earth (or would that be Life?) It worked out pretty well comprehension wise. Cronos didn't confuse me, at least; and Fate is something of a prequel.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#37 | Back to Top03-11-2007 01:55:18 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Gio, your ability #1 is scary.  Like, seriously, it scares me.  The stuff of nightmares.  Mind control is scary enough without bringing sex into it.  I don't think I want to date you anymore.  emot-frown

As for my own abilities, my favorites have already been taken!  Time stop is one of them; I've spent entirely too much time wondering how the physics of that would work.  Would I be impaled on the stationary air molecules the first time I tried to move?  Presumably falling things stop in midair, so the force of gravity is suspended; does that mean I can fly?  Walk on water?  Photons would stop too; could I see?  It works a little better for me if I envision the ability to slow down everyone else's time by a factor of fifty thousand or so.  That would work more or less like we imagine time stop working, while still allowing for most of the same possibilities.

Save and reload is another of my favorites, though I can't help thinking it would get really confusing.  If you have as many save files as you want, keeping track of which one comes from which reality and figuring out where to reload from would be a chore; if you only have one save file, you have to debate where to put it, and then if you make a mistake you have to do all the same stuff again to get back to where you messed up.  (That's the part of Groundhog Day they left out.)  And say you try two contingencies, and in both of them you end up with a girl/guy you're desperately in love with but it's a different girl/guy in each one; you'd be paralyzed trying to figure out which timeline to choose.  Maybe I would get one do-over a day if I picked this, and it couldn't stretch back more than a week.

The ability I've fantasized about since I was little is the ability to ask one question of the universe per day and get a complete and comprehensible answer.  The nature of the question would be unlimited, but the universe would be allowed to take a pass if I asked a question that created a paradox.  Better yet, I want the ability to summon a control panel that allows me to view and edit the parameters of the universe, preferably with a really good user interface.  This is the source of my idea for the Judge, my character in the Marvel game on the RPG forum; he can rate absolutely anything on a scale from 1 to 10, and manipulate the rating if he sees fit.

I guess those are the first three that come to mind emot-smile  We'll go with those till I think of something better.

Last edited by satyreyes (03-11-2007 01:56:15 AM)

#38 | Back to Top05-27-2007 02:04:35 AM

dlaire
A Whole Orange

#1 Manipulation on time - faster, slower, stop, replay, turn back!
#2 Charm - no more heartache emot-smile
#3 Telepathy - very clever.

#39 | Back to Top05-27-2007 12:20:58 PM

Pallas Athena
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)
Website

If you could have three magical spells or other abilities to be used indefinitely, what would they be? What would be their limitations, and why would you want the abilities?

I think that I would want..in no particular order:

The "Living" Force: The ability to read minds, "flow walk" back in time and see the many pathes to different versions of the future, general ESP abilities.....enough said. Although I must admit, that I would probably be a high canidate for being a Sith Lord, as I do have a trigger finger temper that I need to get under control. So I guess my limitations would be the same ones as the Jedi of the Old Republic had to use...you know..no falling in love, no attachments of any sort. But I'd want them to stop senseless wars and bring order to the world. That's about it.

The Power of the Cosmos: I mean I want to be able to control the Electromagnetic Field that surrounds the earth, possibly the Solar Wind itself, maybe cause minor planetary alignments and having the potential of using gravity to force a moon to collide into it's planet. However, my powers would have the limitation in that I wouldn't be able to control dark matter, black holes, and anything else that defies the laws of physics. I'd want this power to prevent freak catatrophes from happening to Earth, such as an Asteroid on a direct course to Earth, or aliens with better technology trying to take over the Solar System.

But really I'd probably want the same abilities as my namesake, the Greek goddess Pallas Athena. I'd really love to have all the knowledge that she possess' as well as have the power to change people into animals if they piss me off enough to do so..That and I love her clothes, the Hellenistic version and the Roman version. Actually I'd have her Roman helmet and her Hellenisitc clothes.(I'm looking at you Arachne!)

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f247/logophony/dollshouse.jpg

#40 | Back to Top05-27-2007 01:10:21 PM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

Firstly, I'd take the ability to understand languages, a la Cipher from the New X-Men.  I can't think of anything cooler.

Second and third would be a toss-up between being able to stop time, preferably selectively, and the ability to look into peoples' minds and see all of their thoughts.  Probably the second one, but I'd horribly abuse either, that's for sure.

In last place comes the ability to make copies of myself.  What a useless power that would be, I'd just tell myself to get fucked if I asked myself to do anything.  Hell, I can do that now without any special powers at all!

"The devil want me as is, but god he want more."
-Truck North
Honorary Hat Mafia Member

Board footer