This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top11-07-2014 12:45:43 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

[Minecraft] The Kurast Restoration

Over in the Minecraft thread the other day, I discussed bringing back an old build of mine that died with the first server. (If you're already a member of the server, you likely already know why you're here.) This restoration of Kurast (New Kurast, in the marsh-nation of Travincal – I played too much Diablo II) is driven by the server users and construction managed by me, since... I'm the one with the blueprints. *shifty eyes*

(You will also need to peruse this Google Doc to know more details. emot-keke)

Anyway! This thread is where we'll discuss which way we build, what-all we're building and who agrees with anybody. When a structure is proposed (by anybody), we'll put it to a vote here. When we vote on what we build, I'll announce the beginning and ending of the tribute phase, the actual in-game construction and the in-universe waiting period that kicks in before we can say a structure's official. New rule: when you see the sea lanterns below the waterline of a structure, or the lamp post on a pathway, it's considered finished even if I don't announce it here.

Please note the Grand Hall is pre-constructed, as is the Village Standard. The doc doesn't say that, but for now it's erroneous in Kurast's specific case. When we construct the Village Standard, we'll unlock the Council of Nations position for Travincal, and I will begin participating as much as I can reasonably do so. emot-keke That said, if 80% or more of the Grand Hall is missing, I'll cut it from the Transfer Chamber's grid and refuse to restore access until it's been restored (which is where that tribute comes into play).

Building Restrictions

I haven't figured out an easy way to express what I mean by the "no buildings touching" rule, so I'll use ASCII code to show it off. Here we go:

Code:

Buildings can't be built touching sides or corners. This is an example of a legal build.
O-OO---OO
--OO-O-OO
---------
OO-OO-O--
OO-------

This is an example of a few illegal builds.
-OOO---OO
--OO--OOO
--------O
OO-OO----
OO---O---

Now, anybody who's registered to the Sunlit Garden server of Aine Silveria's has a vote (except me), but only those server users who're in Survival Mode can offer construction tribute. Every time somebody puts forward a motion to build something, we'll take a few days to decide it by majority vote, else immediately if unanimous vote. Tribute phase begins when the vote closes, and ends when I have the materials I need as listed in the Drive doc. Construction begins immediately after, and then the server time kicks in. Buildings become functional at the next dawn after the timeframe elapses, and time only stops when the server has experienced a major hiccup.

That said, before anything else, we need to decide the first pathways! And you have four varieties: T-cross, full cross, L-bend and straightaway. I'll let all y'alls decide what we're putting in, and where. It'll go on the map of the "Build Grid" below, in the second post.

Last edited by BioKraze (12-03-2014 01:00:44 PM)

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#2 | Back to Top11-07-2014 12:46:19 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Re: [Minecraft] The Kurast Restoration

This is the Build Grid. I'll update it as things are placed in!

Code:

.........xx┴x.......
.........xx.........

x = structure
+ = full cross way
─ │ = straightaway
├ ┤ ┬ ┴ = T-cross way
┌ ┐ └ ┘ = L-bend way

Last edited by BioKraze (11-16-2014 10:25:52 PM)

Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#3 | Back to Top11-07-2014 03:07:46 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Okay!!  I took a look around the Grand Hall last night.  The warp point brings you in on the edge of the south side of the Grand Hall.  Eventually, we'll want something behind you to the south so that your back isn't to blank ocean, but for now maybe we can give the visitor more to look at, from the warp point, by expanding east or west.  A reasonable thing to put in either of those directions, right next to the Hall, would be housing.

I suggest a T-cross emanating from the east side of the northeast corner of the Grand Hall, with other paths extending east and north.

Code:

.........xx┴........
.........xx.........

(Useful copy-pastable pathway lines:  │ ─ ┐ ┘└ ┌ ┴ ┬ ├ ┤ ┼ )

#4 | Back to Top11-08-2014 03:52:15 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Bio, can I suggest editing a link to your Google doc into the OP?

#5 | Back to Top11-11-2014 08:23:27 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Ask and ye shall receive, my good sir. emot-dance

...except for replies. emot-tongue

Anyway! Nobody's made motions to dispute the current construction proposal, and it's been a few days, so we're ready. Construction will begin once I have the necessary tribute for a Pathway. It will be completed when I pop the lighting in. emot-keke

Please direct all tribute to the Grand Hall. First door on your right when entering the building, first floor please! emot-keke

#6 | Back to Top11-11-2014 09:37:31 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Materials dropped off!

Any objections if we build a Small Home next, to the east of the Pathway?

#7 | Back to Top11-12-2014 03:30:49 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

The first Pathway is completed. We can take requests for anything the users desire.

So we're considering a Small Home on the east end of the newly-completed Pathway? Sounds like a plan. Anybody say nay, or have other ideas? emot-keke

#8 | Back to Top11-12-2014 11:24:12 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Bio, I'm so sorry, but you have built your pathway on the southwest corner instead of the northeast. emot-frown

#9 | Back to Top11-13-2014 08:31:36 AM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

...wow, seriously? emot-frown

I'll go fix that as I make the other fixes.

EDIT: Fixed the mistake. Installed a basic compass rose as well. I could've sworn that was northeast. Um. Oops? >>;;;

Last edited by BioKraze (11-13-2014 11:41:17 AM)

#10 | Back to Top11-15-2014 06:08:35 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

If nobody contests the idea of a Small Home as sat designated when I log in tomorrow, then I'll authorize it. emot-keke

#11 | Back to Top11-16-2014 10:43:42 AM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

The Small Home is now awaiting tribute~ etc-love

#12 | Back to Top11-16-2014 11:41:32 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

BioKraze wrote:

The Small Home is now awaiting tribute~ etc-love

And I would love to make tribute, except -- brace yourself -- now the teleport points aren't working. emot-frown  I tried the one at the Council and the one in Corinthia.

#13 | Back to Top11-16-2014 12:20:10 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Unsurprising, really. The server keeps failing to bind to the port, meaning I need to reboot it manually every morning. And keeps losing our server.properties settings to boot.

I'll discuss it with Aine the second I can. Tribute is waived for this Small Home when I can reasonably connect.

#14 | Back to Top11-16-2014 12:30:47 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

No need to waive tribute!  I have all this mossy cobble, and if I don't give it to you, who am I going to give it to? emot-smile  Just need to be able to teleport, is all.  Sorry to hear the server issues are worse than I thought. :-/

#15 | Back to Top11-16-2014 12:39:34 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Command blocks re-enabled. If you died today and got banned, -please let me know.-

#16 | Back to Top11-16-2014 01:21:37 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Tribute made!

How do you pronounce Travincal, anyway?  Does it sound like Davenport?  Or does it rhyme with twinkle?

#17 | Back to Top11-16-2014 06:03:07 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Travincal (as in the Temple-City of Travincal, the area of Diablo II Act III before the Durance of Hate) is pronounced roughly "tra-vin-call," where the A in the first syllable is the same pronounciation as "at." It's fairly difficult to find the word itself pronounced at all in the game – you rather need to spend a lot of time bugging the people at Kurast Docks and Deckard Cain himself at various points throughout Act III.

Kurast itself is, roughly, said as "kyoo-rawst." For reference, the word Zakarum (as in the actual faith of Kurast itself) is said as "zawk-aw-room."

...I was going to get fancy with Unicode, but decided in the end against it. Bio Phonetics are what y'alls get today. emot-keke

#18 | Back to Top11-20-2014 11:23:18 AM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

The Small Home is now fully functional.

Taking requests! emot-keke

#19 | Back to Top11-24-2014 06:00:50 AM

pschreiber
Saionji Slapper

I don' actually play Minecraft or even have an idea what you do on it but I just got really happy another person played a lot of Diablo II. I played this so much I could play it mentally, no pc needed lol.

#20 | Back to Top11-25-2014 01:00:41 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Since no one else has made a suggestion, I'll chip in again emot-smile  We still need more population before we can build other things, so I suggest expanding our house into a housing block via more pathways, continuing east of our existing house:

Code:

.........xx┴x─......
.........xx.........

#21 | Back to Top12-03-2014 12:57:55 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

The pathway's proposal is finalized, although it will still be a while before I get around to it. I apologize – Guild Wars 2 has been eating a lot of my time recently, so... emot-redface

That said, the rules are being rewritten slightly, and I'll rewrite the original post and the Drive doc to reflect this:

The second I say a structure's finished, it's finished. No exceptions, no wait times necessary. A structure is considered "finished" if you can see a ring of sea lanterns just below the waterline (or a sea lantern lamp-post for pathways). Also, users are free to move into Housing if there's room. Each Housing unit can accommodate a single user. Users aren't allowed to move into the Grand Hall or other structures which increase Population.

Board footer