This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top12-01-2007 09:45:48 AM

st0dad
Ohtori Paramouri
Website

Have AMV ideas?

Well, the big problem here is that I have Windows 2000 professional with NT Technology. What is NT? THE SUCK.

I don't have a windows movie maker, and it doesn't let me download a lot of programs ('cuz it's meant for an office working environment) and isn't compatible with any of the higher WMM's.

Which leads to my request. My first request is obviously for someone to help me find a movie maker that might be compatible with Win2000. I don't wanna toot my own horn but I was a great AMV maker back in the day. I used to make a bunch of them when I had Windows ME on my old PC, but when it crashed, so did they.

2nd request...if no one can find a movie maker....would anyone like to make AMV's based on my ideas?

I'M GOING TO TELL THEM TO YOU SO THURR.

Song: "Dance Floor Anthem" by Good Charlotte
Idea: I don't really like good charlotte, but listening to this song reminded me a lot of Juri, Ruka, and Shiori. When the chorus goes "I don't wanna be in love" I always imagine each character getting a chance to sing that, mainly Juri.
Lyrics

Song: "Angels" byWithin Temptation
Idea: There's already an AMV out there for the movie, but here's the thing; it doesn't go with the song AT ALL. The song is about betrayal and lying, and whoever made the movie AMV just seemed to mash clips together and put the song to it. I hate it when people do that! Anyway, I think it'd be a great Akio AMV.
"This world may have failed you,
it doesn't give a reason why,
you could have chosen a different path in life...."
Lyrics

Song: "My Curse" by Killswitch Engage
Idea: Such a friggin' Anthy AMV! The song's about lost love. It can totally relate to her suffering, and how she feels Utena might possibly be the one to save her. The part where he sings the bridge to the chorus is about the curse, which is like Anthy's role as a witch..IMHO
Lyrics

Song: "The Pretender" by Foo Fighters
Idea: An AMV for Utena. About her will to fight and become a Prince, and how she's determined to win the duels and ultimately defeat Akio. "What if I say I'm not just another one of your plays?"
Lyrics

Song: "Life is Beautiful" by Sixx:AM
Idea: I'll admit, I ain't no Nikki Sixx fan, but this song reminds me a lot of Anthy's struggle as the rose bride, and Utena's struggle to save her.
Lyrics

Song: "OBSCURE" by Dir En Grey
Idea: Okay...I know if you've heard this song, you must be thinking "How the FUCK can you make this into an Utena AMV? It's about ABORTION!"...well, my friend said "you have to hear this messed up song." and sent me the lyrics before I watched the video....it reminded me of SKU so much!
"How many secret hangings tonight?" can represent the duels.
"Color of pomegranate... sting with the prick and disappear far away." can represent loss within the duels.
"The snake makes way through the sheets and goes inside the uterus." can represent how Akio controls the duelists and the like.
There's a part in the song that quiets down. In the video, it's a woman walking towards a pomegranate tree. I always imagined this part being turned into the scene in the final duel, when Utena stands infront of Anthy, and Anthy looks down, and slowly stabs Utena. The song is REALLy metal and hardcore, and I love making shoujo animes into hardcore AMV's. If anyone can pull this off, they'd be a God.
Youtube Video
Lyrics

I know I already said it b'fore, but I think a lot of peeps and fellow AMV makers know what I'm talkin' about. The one thing I can't stand is when people mash a bunch of clips from the anime together, put a song to it, and claim it's an AMV. If people do get inspired by my ideas, then that rocks my socks. But don't massacre them! ;-;

So yeah, those are my AMV ideas. I'd do them myself, but I can't find a movie maker that works with NT. :'(

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/1797/utenasiglf5.jpg

ChuChu: "Around the world I've traveled, strolling trough dozens of countries and thousands of lands, taking my time to feed my knowledge with the wisdom that folklore and history brings along."

#2 | Back to Top12-01-2007 09:54:11 AM

Epi_lepsia
Tragedian
Website

Re: Have AMV ideas?

I thought once seriously about Una rosa es una rosa by Mecano 8D....

Then, Chop Suey (SOAD), Cold Hearted Snake (Paula Abdul (YES ABORTION I KNOW)), Gimme More (Britney Spears (Please don't hate me people, but thinking about Kozue Shiori and all that girls saying "Gimme Gimme" and then Ruka, Saionji or Miki "More"... xD was hilarious)), Lui ou Toi (Alizee (Utena's relationship with Touga and Akio... the lyrics were pretty fine, and french kicks ass)), Pussilicker (..... please emot-frown i'm not evil, i swear), Sleep Together (Garbage (Kozue would rock this AMV...))

And a lot lot lot lot lot more...

Edit: I actually did an AMV once, with Miki and Kozue with the song "You look so fine" by Garbage. Pretty damn good except for the subtitles in spanish below.

Edit2: And i used Windows Movie Maker. Oh yes, i suck. Have you tried Sony Vegas? it's the best of the best, a shame i don't know how to use it.

Last edited by Epi_lepsia (12-01-2007 09:57:43 AM)

#3 | Back to Top12-26-2007 07:51:03 PM

darkshift
Wakaba Wrangler
Website

one that works on a 2000 let me see

here is a links to 2 quick searchs I did.

http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0.htm … e=&ca=

http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0.htm … e=&ca=

If you don't find one tell me i do amvs on request.

#4 | Back to Top12-26-2007 11:19:11 PM

Jellineck
Wondrous Sexual Eggplant.

I've always wanted to see a Touga AMV with NiN's "The Only Time." It just seems to fit him so well. Especially the lines, "While the devil wants to fuck me in the back of his car" and "My moral standing is lying down."

"You said you would do anything for me, right Mamiya?" Mikage purred as he slithered close. "Yes that's right" Mamiya said with a rosey blush. Mikage's smile was evil and cinister as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a banana. "Eeny meeny myny moo. I wonder where my banana will go?" - The Forbidden Passions of Nemuro

#5 | Back to Top12-26-2007 11:39:37 PM

Persephone
Memorial Hollerer
Website

I have watched too many amv's to count,I dunno about my vid making skills but I have a few fantastic ideas I'd love to see made real.

TougaxUtena(show): Shape of my heart-backstreet boys
UtenaxAnthy (movie): Death is the road to awe-Clint mansell

It's just time to be
sammy to the rasoodock.
And close up the business
of heart-related matters.

#6 | Back to Top12-27-2007 05:12:02 AM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

I wanna see some Utena AMVs with Monty Python songs with some clever lip syncing. etc-loveemot-rofl

#7 | Back to Top12-27-2007 05:13:55 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Jellineck wrote:

I've always wanted to see a Touga AMV with NiN's "The Only Time." It just seems to fit him so well. Especially the lines, "While the devil wants to fuck me in the back of his car" and "My moral standing is lying down."

Wow. Uh, yeah.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#8 | Back to Top12-27-2007 10:28:45 AM

darkshift
Wakaba Wrangler
Website

Tamago wrote:

I wanna see some Utena AMVs with Monty Python songs with some clever lip syncing. etc-loveemot-rofl

OMG That would be funny

#9 | Back to Top12-28-2007 03:39:28 PM

Baka Kakumei Reanna
Atlantean Singer
Website

I'm planning an AMV using all the most disturbing, dark and upsetting scenes from the movie and series to "Waka Laka."

Years after Ecchi Adventures, I still love inappropriate humor. XD I've got a few other AMVs to finish first, though. So it's a little ways off.

We see things not as they are, we see things as we are.

#10 | Back to Top12-28-2007 04:44:45 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

darkshift wrote:

Tamago wrote:

OMG That would be funny

Especially songs like Every Sperm Is Sacred or The Galaxy Song

#11 | Back to Top12-28-2007 06:27:54 PM

purplepolecat
Atlantean Singer

Tamago wrote:

darkshift wrote:

Tamago wrote:

OMG That would be funny

Knights Of The Round Table !

We're here, we're queer, we don't want any more bears!
Honorary Hat Mafia Member
Now Playing: Bear Supply - "I Maul Out Of Love"

#12 | Back to Top12-29-2007 05:09:13 PM

darkshift
Wakaba Wrangler
Website

purplepolecat wrote:

Tamago wrote:

darkshift wrote:

OMG That would be funny

Knights Of The Round Table !

Philospher's Song, universe song, and one of my personal favs the Lumber Jack song. emot-rofl

#13 | Back to Top12-31-2007 04:17:18 PM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

I've had a million AMV ideas over the years, and I always forget them. Some day I'll be able to make them! I swear!

Pain by Three Days Grace is really fitting for the whole Utena/Anthy/Akio/Dios situation. Actually, I think that a lot of the show can be penciled in.

"Pain, without love
Pain, I can't get enough
Pain, I like it rough
'Cause I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all"

(Chorus)

It sums up Anthy and Akio very well. Anthy has only suffering, but without it, she has nothing.

"You're sick of feeling numb
You're not the only one"

I think this could apply to Anthy and Utena, especially their childhood and memories. Utena was all alone in the world, but of course, Anthy had it much worse. In a way, their personal misery is what saved them both.

"I'll take you by the hand
And I'll show you a world that you can understand
This life is filled with hurt
When happiness doesn't work"

This is where Dios steps in. Though it still applies mainly to Anthy and Utena, Dios is the one showing Utena something eternal, "something you can understand". The line that follows describes the paradox Anthy faces.

"Trust me and take my hand
When the lights go out you will understand"

Let's fast-forward and flip this scenario! Akio now shows Utena something false, but still something she can understand. For a visual, "the lights going out" would obviously be the planitarium shudders. On a more symbolic level, the future that Utena sees with Akio, as his princess, is another illusion that he himself created. That isn't to say it's any less real, but more that Utena would not have seen it without some manipulation-- this "love" didn't occur on it's own.

"Pain, without love
Pain, I can't get enough
Pain, I like rough
'Cause I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all"

Still applies to Anthy and Akio, but I think that now it can begin to reach beyond that. Utena and her relationships toward the duelists, her confusion over Anthy, the fading of her dreams, ect.

"Anger and agony
Are better than misery
Trust me, I've got a plan
When the lights go off you will understand"

Again, this fits the duelists better than Utena, really. She has her moments, but in general, if this were an AMV, I would expect to see Saionji or Juri. The latter lines are still a product of Akio, probably the car rides towards the 'End of the World'.

Chorus. I don't really need to explain it again.

"I know (I know, I know, I know, I know)
That you're wounded
You know (You know, you know, you know, you know)
That I'm here to save you
You know (You know, you know, you know, you know)
I'm always here for you
I know (I know, I know, I know, I know)
That you'll thank me later"

Really, I think this sums up Utena's growth through the series in relation to Anthy. "I know that you're wounded" would be their early years, when Utena is still able to see what makes Anthy 'The Rose Bride', as well as the time when her dreams of becoming a prince are born. "You know that I'm here to save you" would hold regards to the duels and her ego about protecting Anthy. "You know that I'm always here for you" would be the time that Utena finally understands the deeper feelings she has towards Anthy and Akio. I would probably use the whole "If you ever have a problem, come to me first" scene. "I know that you'll thank me later" would be the eventual revolution. All the betrayal on both ends has finally met it's end, and Utena still won't stop playing prince. Before anyone realized it, she stopped playing and started truly being.

Last edited by dollface (09-26-2008 10:40:18 AM)

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#14 | Back to Top12-31-2007 04:33:47 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

Dollface wrote:

Pain by Three Days Grace for Anthy

Hi, could you get out of my head please? There's barely enough room for me in there. emot-tongue

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#15 | Back to Top01-01-2008 09:31:40 AM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

i had a random thought pass my mind one day while listning to the police "dont stand so close to me". i randomly thought of utena and akio. random i know, but some of the lyrics fit.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q278/SisterElla09/mrsaturnDance.gif

#16 | Back to Top01-01-2008 04:35:44 PM

purplepolecat
Atlantean Singer

KissingT.Kiryuu wrote:

i had a random thought pass my mind one day while listning to the police "dont stand so close to me". i randomly thought of utena and akio. random i know, but some of the lyrics fit.

Oh, you mean like thisemot-biggrin

#17 | Back to Top01-03-2008 05:02:08 PM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

No way!!!! wowwie!
another thought that passed my mind. if anyone has seen the "dear Sister" thing on youtube i thought that the scene where anthy stabs utena would be great for it.

Last edited by KissingT.Kiryuu (01-03-2008 05:02:55 PM)

#18 | Back to Top01-03-2008 06:28:57 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

I was listening to some Simon and Garfunkel and it occurred to me how completely absurd it would be to make an Akio and Touga video to their cover of 'The Times They Are A-Changin'. emot-aaa

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#19 | Back to Top01-03-2008 06:58:04 PM

purplepolecat
Atlantean Singer

KissingT.Kiryuu wrote:

another thought that passed my mind. if anyone has seen the "dear Sister" thing on youtube i thought that the scene where anthy stabs utena would be great for it.

AMV Hell 4 had a couple of these parodies, one using Cowboy Bebop and one using Death Note, they are both here, but be warned as they contain major spoilers for both series. The Death Note one is funny as hell.

I did one recently with Azumanga Daioh - guess which scene !

#20 | Back to Top01-04-2008 03:31:30 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

Tamago wrote:

darkshift wrote:

Tamago wrote:

OMG That would be funny

OMG! I was thinking of the same thing! Every Sperm is Sacred! emot-dance You'd have Touga singing that song, and everytime there's a choir or something going on, you'd have the floozy girls of Ohtori lip syncing!

For a more serious type of AMV, ever since I got into Emilie Autumn, I've been hoping to see an Utena AMV trilogy using solely her songs. I'd like to see Emilie Autumn's Rose Red showing the whole "glory" and "gallantry" of the duel and being a prince with the duel scenes, basically, the "outer shell" of the story, with her Opheliac showing the dark side with the confessions at the elevator, the numerous Anthy-slapping and Anthy-skewering, and the rides with Akio, showing the "motives" that initially lured people into this apparent path to a glorious revolution. And then as finish, many of you who's heard of the song would probably have the same idea... "Castle Down" showing the final struggles of Utena and Anthy, in my mind, though, the ending of the song wouldn't necessarily end with how the anime ended, but simply at the part where they touched each other's fingers as the piano finishes.

An amv extra I've also had in mind was using "Shalott". While it suits either the anime or the movie Anthy, I felt it suits the movie version more. Especially where in the lyrics where Shalott rides out on the boat (lots of boat and river scene in Utena movie), Anthy also shows some sort of parallel by choosing to drive the Utena car out of the campus.

#21 | Back to Top01-05-2008 12:40:42 PM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

purplepolecat wrote:

KissingT.Kiryuu wrote:

AMV Hell 4 had a couple of these parodies, one using Cowboy Bebop and one using Death Note, they are both here, but be warned as they contain major spoilers for both series. The Death Note one is funny as hell.

I did one recently with Azumanga Daioh - guess which scene !

yeah. i know. theres TONS on youtube. AMV hell 4 had alot of internet MEME or YTMND related jokes in it.

#22 | Back to Top01-14-2008 06:14:41 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

So I was listening to Fiona Apple's Extraordinary Machine again this weekend. I think the title track would be a good Anthy AMV, especially if you splice in a little Movie Anthy.  This is a (legit) link to when she performed it on VH1.  And these are the lyrics.

I certainly haven't been shopping for any new shoes
And I certainly haven't been spreading myself around
I still only travel by foot and by foot it's a slow climb
But I'm good at being uncomfortable
so I can't stop changing all the time

I noticed that my opponent is always on the go
And won't go slow so as not to focus and I notice
He'll hitch a ride with any guide as long as
they go fast from whence he came
But he's no good at being uncomfortable
so he can't stop staying exactly the same

If there was a better way to go then it would find me
I can't help it the road just rolls out behind me
Be kind to me or treat me mean
I'll make the most of it
I'm an extraordinary machine

I seem to you to seek a new disaster every day
You deem me due to clean my view
and be at peace and lay
I mean to prove I mean to
move in my own way
And say I've been getting
along for long
before you came into the play

I am the baby of the family
It happens so everybody cares
And wears the sheeps clothes while they chaperone
Furious you're looking down your nose at me while you appease
Courteous to try and help but let me set your mind at ease

I'll make the most of it - I'm an extraordinary machine

Do I so worry you
No need to hurry to my side, it's very kind
But it's to no avail
I don't want the pill
I promise you everything will be just fine

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#23 | Back to Top01-14-2008 06:19:56 PM

XHelios6
Rose Bride
Website

Anyone ever think of using Web of Night by T.M. Revolution. That could sync up to anything in Utena.

"Momma, I'm scared of Peter Pan!" "We all are, honey."

#24 | Back to Top01-15-2008 12:21:10 PM

purplepolecat
Atlantean Singer

For Touga & Akio:

Depeche Mode - Never Let Me Down Again

I'm taking a ride
With my best friend
I hope he never lets me down again
He knows where he's taking me
Taking me where I want to be
I'm taking a ride
With my best friend

We're flying high
We're watching the world pass us by
Never want to come down
Never want to put my feet back down
On the ground

I'm taking a ride
With my best friend
Promises me I'm as safe as houses
As long as I remember who's wearing the trousers

Never let me down

See the stars they're shining bright
Everything's alright tonight

#25 | Back to Top01-20-2008 11:27:56 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

I would seriously kill for a video of Akio and Touga set to Hot by Avril Lavigne. Seriously. I'm actually thinking about offering hosting on the site to someone if they will allow me to do the creative control part while they make the video, because my computer is too old and crappy to do it myself. Fuck... most hilarious video ever.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

Board footer