This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top02-22-2007 10:53:38 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

[fanfic]Yes, I wrote a Saionji fic. No, it doesn't have a title.

I got the idea for this in a middle of a psychology lecture and the story sort of wrote itself.

~

The first time it happened, I ran because I was scared and I knew I couldn't make it stop. I was just little after all. So I ran to the place where I'd spend my time training, and I practiced. It was dark, and it was cold and my fingers could barely grip the shinai but I stayed and I practiced until I couldn't anymore and then I stayed there and slept. When the sun rose, I went home.

He was passed out in his chair like he always was and he didn't even move when I came in. She was fixing breakfast in silence so it would be ready when he woke up. I didn't say anything to her but I saw the bruises, and it scared me that he'd made them but mostly I felt ashamed that I didn't help her, but what could I do? I was just little.

I left as soon as I'd eaten, saying I was going to school. I didn't have to be at school for hours but I didn't want to be there when he woke up and she knew, she must have known, but she just put her hand to her eye that was almost swollen shut and didn't say anything. She knew and she wanted to protect me I suppose. That was the only time anyone wanted to protect me. I swore to myself that I'd grow up to be strong, and more importantly not like him.

I'd hoped it would get better as time passed, but it didn't. Instead it got worse, and some days I'd have to fix breakfast because he'd beaten her so badly the night before that she couldn't get out of bed. I still ran away though, because I was too afraid to stand up to him. My practices would get longer and longer and sometimes I'd still have the sword in my hand as I saw the sun rise, my vision blurring from weariness, and I'd head home to make breakfast. I'd gotten very good at making eggs. I saw his face on the shells that I cracked and I promised myself that I'd never, ever be like him.

Every time it happened I told myself that next time I'd protect her, but I always ran away because I was afraid. I knew sooner or later he'd come after me and I wanted that as far into the future as possible. Maybe then I'd be strong enough to at least protect myself even if I couldn't protect her. I wanted to stand up to him and tell him that he was wrong and that I'd be different. But I never really got to.

Somehow I managed to get into a good boarding school and so they sent me away and I never got to tell him. But then at that school, when I feel Touga's hand close around my wrist to stop me and I see that smirk on his face I know, and he knows, and I know he knows.

I'm just like him.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#2 | Back to Top02-23-2007 12:43:48 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Re: [fanfic]Yes, I wrote a Saionji fic. No, it doesn't have a title.

A very good story, dear, but the end is a tiny bit abrupt. I think that last paragraph needs a bit more of a gradual letdown. Still, I like it quite a bit.

Also, Saionji etc-love

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#3 | Back to Top02-23-2007 05:28:31 AM

Maarika
Someday Shiner
Website

I like it too, but I was thinking perhaps you could put more Touga in it. After all, it seemed he had a lot more influence on little Saionji. Other than that, it's very nicely written. *applauds*

The Saionji Support Squad:
Believing in True Friendship Since 2008.

#4 | Back to Top02-23-2007 09:59:20 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Aw, thanks guys. I'm glad you liked it. Obviously it needs polish and editing for content and stuff, but I wanted to share it in its original form and I'm glad it's gone over well.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#5 | Back to Top02-23-2007 10:05:40 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

It has, it has!

There's been a lot of angsty Saionji fanfics lately, hasn't there? Or is it just me crying over this and the rape one?

Boy needs to catch a break. emot-frown

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#6 | Back to Top02-24-2007 12:44:50 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

I agree. I need to write a fanfic where Saionji gets all kinds of laid. emot-keke

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

Board footer