This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#126 | Back to Top04-07-2010 04:17:33 PM

Scortia
Rose Bride

Re: YKYWTMSKUW...

... you try to type (Myers-Briggs) SKU characters to see how it relates to their relationships and desires.

#127 | Back to Top04-08-2010 05:41:23 PM

Melancholic_Soul
Dancer Romancer

satyreyes wrote:

You wonder momentarily whether Yosemite is the abbreviation for Yosefu-sama ga Miteru.

Wait, sorry, wrong show.

LOLOLOL

You watch The Princess and the Frog and cast  Nanami as Lottie LaBouffe in the SKU re-make >_>

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/anthy_utena/rukasan.gif Believing in the power of Love and Justice since 1999
Red Lobster CGM- Burning Shrimp since 2013
Amazon FFC fucking shit up since 2015
Best Buy Warehouse - Tech decks on deck since 2016

#128 | Back to Top04-13-2010 09:51:33 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

The demon boss on that new Comedy Central show, Ugly Americans, has a huge painting of himself in a speedo behind his desk in his office.

This reminds me of the kind of thing Akio would do.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#129 | Back to Top04-17-2010 03:46:23 AM

ShiroiBara
New Student

Let me think...you think you hear that sound from end of the world.

I REALLY HEARD IT!!!

Last edited by ShiroiBara (04-21-2010 12:31:18 PM)

I hereby apologize for all the mistakes I made in my post.

#130 | Back to Top05-07-2010 12:55:28 AM

haelsyx
Caretaker
Website

When you just posted a two page essay in another forum on a completely irrelevant comedic effect subplot involving a pickle jar in an episode of Kim Possible detailing its sexual innuendo and its relation between two characters, one emasculating the other.

Because for real you guys, if I hadn't been binging on Utena and reading so many of your essays while simultaneously re watching episode 34 about a thousand times in addition to re-watching all the other episodes, this craziness would never have happened.

Also, YKYWTMSKUW you secretly suspect Ikuhara had some influence over the direction of an episode on a disney channel t.v. show.

{livejournal} {youtube}
Its an odd thing, but anyone who disappears is said to be in San Francisco-Oscar Wilde.
Anyone get the feeling finding Utena is going to be a lot like where in the world is Carmen San Diego?

#131 | Back to Top05-07-2010 04:46:17 AM

Neva Caruso
Tenjou Tilter

You spend time trying to figure out which characters from other fandoms would be seduced by Akio, and which wouldn't.

(My friends and I have had lengthy conversations about this.)

#132 | Back to Top05-07-2010 05:54:59 AM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

Giovanna wrote:

The demon boss on that new Comedy Central show, Ugly Americans, has a huge painting of himself in a speedo behind his desk in his office.

This reminds me of the kind of thing Akio would do.

...in a horrific way, that just reminds me of this video. Although if I saw Akio doing that I think the universe might just implode, and not in the fun way. emot-gonkemot-gonkemot-gonk (Although actually, the first time I saw this episode, I was in hysterics anyway because of the whole kangaroo boxing thing...)

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#133 | Back to Top05-13-2010 09:58:14 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

You go out to dinner with a friend and try to order La Fin du Monde beer, when you don't even drink beer.

You compensate for the restaurant being out of beer by ordering a crepe with salmon and asparagus.

#134 | Back to Top05-13-2010 10:10:52 PM

Malacoda
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)

You find roses that are the exact shade of Akio's hair and wonder what are the symbolic implications of taking a few flowers for a bouquet.

Last edited by Malacoda (05-13-2010 10:11:16 PM)

#135 | Back to Top05-13-2010 10:57:44 PM

haelsyx
Caretaker
Website

You tried to make shaved ice...and then bought grape flavoring syrup so it could be more Anthy-esque.\

EDIT: And took pictures of Orange Roses in your local supermarket with camera-phone, to make it your background, because it reminds you of Juri, (too obvious?)

Last edited by haelsyx (05-14-2010 07:41:20 PM)

{livejournal} {youtube}
Its an odd thing, but anyone who disappears is said to be in San Francisco-Oscar Wilde.
Anyone get the feeling finding Utena is going to be a lot like where in the world is Carmen San Diego?

#136 | Back to Top05-30-2010 03:23:47 AM

allegoriest
Delicious Duellist
Website

haelsyx wrote:

You tried to make shaved ice...and then bought grape flavoring syrup so it could be more Anthy-esque.

Somehow, I've been programed with it at such a young age, that raspas don't remind me of Anthy, Anthy reminds me of raspas.

When I go to the store, my MOM knows the rose colours. ...Sorta. She knows green is Saionji and purple is Akio. She usually is like SO WHICH ONE IS THIS? She gets me Ruka roses when I'm really sick. ;___;

When my sister was really little, she'd get yellow or orange roses cause her favourites were Nanami and Juri.

Then we were looking at relatives vacation stuff from Switzerland, and it had cows with bells, and my mom and I were all NANAMI! (Her favourite episode is the cowbell)

#137 | Back to Top05-30-2010 07:10:06 AM

Neva Caruso
Tenjou Tilter

allegoriest wrote:

When I go to the store, my MOM knows the rose colours. ...Sorta. She knows green is Saionji and purple is Akio. She usually is like SO WHICH ONE IS THIS? She gets me Ruka roses when I'm really sick. ;___;

When my sister was really little, she'd get yellow or orange roses cause her favourites were Nanami and Juri.

Then we were looking at relatives vacation stuff from Switzerland, and it had cows with bells, and my mom and I were all NANAMI! (Her favourite episode is the cowbell)

allegoriest, I find it absolutely adorable that your family knows and appreciates SKU!

#138 | Back to Top05-30-2010 11:27:26 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

You name a baby chick Kanae, because her white feathers reminds you of her scarf.

#139 | Back to Top05-31-2010 09:03:24 AM

NajiMinkin
Hacker Ringleader

etc-love! No sleeping with her boyfriend now, though, no matter what perfume that rooster may be wearing.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f64/_u_t_e_n_a_/100x100/starryklimtsig.png

#140 | Back to Top06-01-2010 08:53:25 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Right you are. emot-rofl I wonder if Kanae likes raisens as much as her chick counterpart? Or if she's allergic to avocados?

#141 | Back to Top06-04-2011 10:19:25 PM

innermuse
Anthy Assailer
Website

( sorry if any of these are allready posted)

you wonder if a designer such as cowbastine doir exits, and if so you will wear that cow bell.

made your own utena poster ( lol so have)

think that the scientist  need to find a way to make a hybrid of monkey and mouse

you think of duels when you hear the word trilobites! ( has drawn an utena trilobite)

have put a sticky note on your dorm desk saying beware of mongoose ( yes i have)

hoped that the prize ring in cereal boxes was a rose ring.

#142 | Back to Top10-05-2011 02:44:58 PM

malna
Caretaker

From today -

...when you listen to a lecturer in astronomy classes and all you can think is "Ah, please, Akio was so much better at this!"

a lot of hope in one man tent

#143 | Back to Top10-05-2011 04:21:01 PM

Android raptor
Rose Smilee
Website

When you rewatch The Lion King for the first time in years and can't unthink Scar as Anthy, Shiori, and Ruka's bastard love child in the form of a gay lion. And sort of want to write an essay on it. emot-gonk

#144 | Back to Top10-06-2011 06:55:03 PM

CoffinBreaker
Rose Bride

...When that episode of South Park with the planetarium controlling the children's minds leads you to obvious conclusions.

...When a week after watching the series you conveniently forget that you used to be a realist, and that now every bit of your artistic inspiration comes from Utena. (this is a serious problem.)

...When you supplant Utena as the protagonist of every video game you play. (So far: Zelda, Pokemon, Phoenix Wright, etc.)

...Whenever recurring words, phrases or themes from Utena pop up in your everyday life, you end up thinking about Utena for a few hours afterward.

...You actually understand Mawaru Penguindrum.

...When you hope that Utena is an acceptably broad enough research target for your literary thesis.

You don't need to understand Revolutionary Girl Utena to understand it.

#145 | Back to Top05-06-2012 01:51:03 PM

onsenmark
Spambane
Website

THREAD NECRO GO.

YKYWTMSKUW...

...you're watching the second Macross Frontier movie, and you wonder why in the hell Sheryl is cosplaying as Movie!Utena.

(...and then you imagine her along with Ranka cosplaying Wakaba and you're all HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG)

watch me whine: onsenmark.livejournal.com

Saa, omae no tsumi o kazoero!

#146 | Back to Top05-06-2012 07:36:13 PM

jmie5
Precious One

You can't look at a cabbage patch kid doll the same way again and wish you'd forgotten about that part of the movie.

#147 | Back to Top05-06-2012 08:04:29 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Nevermind that, any time I cook with cabbage. emot-gonk

I mentioned incense I got in another thread. Yasha and I went through the scents and immediately had them categorized by whether they were Akio, Saionji, or Touga. emot-gonk

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#148 | Back to Top05-06-2012 11:02:14 PM

onsenmark
Spambane
Website

Giovanna wrote:

I mentioned incense I got in another thread. Yasha and I went through the scents and immediately had them categorized by whether they were Akio, Saionji, or Touga. emot-gonk

Do we want to know what they actually smell like? emot-gonk

watch me whine: onsenmark.livejournal.com

Saa, omae no tsumi o kazoero!

#149 | Back to Top05-06-2012 11:08:33 PM

jmie5
Precious One

onsenmark wrote:

Giovanna wrote:

Do we want to know what they actually smell like? emot-gonk

>>

<<

Hell yes!  (And this is part of my problem -- my sympathies about the cabbage!)  Or another thing that can be added to the list.  When two members categorize incense scents by Akio, Saionji, or Touga, and you want to know opinions on what other people think they smell like.  x_X

#150 | Back to Top05-07-2012 02:16:41 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Akio goes in for the floral stuff.  Touga likes incense that he can describe as "delicate, yet full-bodied."  Saionji grabs all the Nag Champa and doesn't leave any for anyone else.

ETA: After typing that, I decided to rephrase.

Akio likes his incense like he likes his women: innocent and flowery.

Touga likes his incense like he likes his women: delicate and full-bodied.

Saionji likes his incense like he likes his women: Indian.

Last edited by satyreyes (05-07-2012 02:19:36 AM)

Board footer