This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top09-08-2011 08:38:58 PM

dilshan456
Another Failure

What are the limitations of word press?

What are the limitations of word press? I mean can a full pledge website be made just with word press? Or it is best to leave blogging to word press? :rabbit:

Last edited by satyreyes (09-09-2011 07:40:11 PM)

#2 | Back to Top09-09-2011 01:06:26 PM

Davine Lu Linvega
Spam Arsonist

Re: What are the limitations of word press?

http://ohtori.nu/gallery/var/resizes/Series/Episodes/Black_Rose_Saga/14/Series_ep14_047.jpg?m=1380853281

Oh, it's you. You're here early, so let's get started. Welcome to the Ohtori Web Publishing Seminar. The Academy is doing its best to equip students for the high-tech world they'll be entering upon graduation so the Chairman invited me to host this class. I expect the other students will be along shortly, but we can talk a bit while we're waiting.

Anyway, in answer to your question, while WordPress began as a simple tool for blogging, it has evolved into one of the most comprehensive and adaptive content management tools available. WordPress can be used for applications ranging from e-commerce to social networking sites, online magazines and just about any other type of informational website you can name. It does have its limitations - I wouldn't try to run a YouTube clone on it, for instance - but as long as you're building an informational site as opposed a web application there are few reasons to use anything other than WordPress. Computer programs are a bit like people, you see. Most of them chug along in their little rut until time and progress bury them. Many die before they are even truly born. But a few have the potential to become something greater.

Wordpress was one of those programs. Even in its infancy it was set apart from other blogging software. Its flexible architecture and open source license drew an enthusiastic community of developers. It appeared on the blogging scene like a comet, shattering the foundations of Movable Type and the other closed-source blogging platforms. Eventually, its ease of use and strong developer community propelled it to the center of the web publishing world, and since blogging is foundational to much of online communication it has become one of the most important pieces of software on the Web. More than 11% of the top million websites are now powered by WordPress.

If you wish to revolutionize the computing world, it's not so much a matter of how fast your software is, or how many features it has, or how big your company is. WordPress is a program that -knew- what it was and what it set out to do, and that -knowing- gave it the power to surpass software whose essence was conflicted, software that sought to please both users and corporate shareholders at the expense of both.

http://ohtori.nu/gallery/var/resizes/Series/Episodes/Black_Rose_Saga/23/Series_ep23_016.jpg?m=1380853785

But I know that's not why you've really come to this seminar. Behind your question lies an unspoken desire, dilshan456. What is it? Tell me - your soul, what does it cry out for? Hope? Vengeance? A release from suffering? The bits and bytes that flow through the global computer network are scarcely interesting in and of themselves. But I return time and time again to surf the electronic tides because of the desires, the unspoken drives that propel those trillions of electrons around the world.

The Internet is a place where deception lies so thick that it's a simple thing to peel it away and reveal the truth beneath. A realm where our innermost natures are made manifest, whether or not we want them to be. It represents the confluence of and conflict between so many human impulses - the desire to connect with others, the desire to insulate oneself from others, the desire to be seen, the desire to be anonymous. Oscar Wilde once said "Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." Many who venture into the electronic world only see its neon-lit surface, but I prefer to go deeper.

So tell me, dilshan456, why are you here?

Last edited by Giovanna (07-27-2017 07:34:26 AM)

#3 | Back to Top09-09-2011 07:43:48 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

This is one of the best things I have seen.

#4 | Back to Top09-10-2011 02:59:52 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Sweet lord, I shed a tear for this beauty. etc-love

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#5 | Back to Top09-10-2011 03:21:23 AM

Chrome Homura
Poor Saionji :(

emot-aaa

This is quite possibly the best response to a spam post I have ever read, or ever will read. Well done!

I am no longer here. If you wish to find me, my discord username is Heroic_Spirit_Gomikubi.

#6 | Back to Top09-10-2011 06:29:12 AM

wblstudios
Banned

... I can no longer say that I'm the greatest Mikage enthusiast here.  I must change my avatar in submission.

EDIT: Changed.  I can still say that I'm the biggest Joker from Fighter's Destiny enthusiast.

Last edited by wblstudios (09-10-2011 06:42:23 AM)

#7 | Back to Top09-10-2011 08:57:18 AM

Davine Lu Linvega
Spam Arsonist

Oh dear, I've gone and made Giovanna cry.

http://ohtori.nu/gallery/var/resizes/Series/Episodes/Black_Rose_Saga/14/Series_ep14_052.jpg?m=1380853282

Ah, more students have arrived. Take a seat, have an iced coffee from the cooler if you like. It appears that our friend has already left us, a shame he couldn't stay for the rest of the class. Perhaps my questions wakened feelings in him he wasn't ready for. It was telling that his very first words to me were inquiring after limitations - often, I find that those who are most concerned with limits and boundaries are the least conscious of their own. I think another student here is fond of saying "Only a lemming must be concerned with the ends of the world."

But in the short time he was here, I think dilshan456 taught us a valuable lesson. Even the most trifling of things, even the lowliest of creatures can change the world, like an insect's fluttering wings that spawn a hurricane. On my desk, right next to my pencil case, I keep a trinket someone once gave me. It's a girl's hair clip with a little wooden carving of a leaf attached to it. It was made with a cheap wood carving kit, the kind of thing they sell in train stations for a few hundred yen. Crudely carved, covered in cheap polish with a flimsy hair clip bolted onto the bottom. Would you believe an ocean of tears were shed and a once-soft heart boiled over with hatred because of that tiny thing? That it paid the price for a power, once fallen, to be reinstated? Ambition, betrayal, the hope of a love that could never be - in the eye of such an emotional storm was that little piece of polished wood. It could have been the key to eternity - but that eternity was not meant to be. And like that little leaf, a thing as base as an Internet spam message can inspire a work of beauty if it appears at the right time and place.

Anyway, something in your eyes tells me that dilshan456's departure was not quite... voluntary? Don't look so surprised - you took him away, didn't you? Bolted him into a coffin and wheeled him off to some ignoble fate as he shrieked and clawed at the lid, am I right? A regrettable thing, that, but I can appreciate that sometimes sacrifices have to be made.

http://ohtori.nu/gallery/var/resizes/Series/Episodes/Black_Rose_Saga/15/Series_ep15_184.jpg?m=1380853342

Last edited by Giovanna (07-27-2017 07:36:31 AM)

#8 | Back to Top09-10-2011 03:00:58 PM

wblstudios
Banned

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-XVcOoumDrvk/Tk0q5zLACwI/AAAAAAAABT4/I8JN5ZFexoc/s1600/great+job+blog.jpg

#9 | Back to Top09-11-2011 01:23:57 PM

Davine Lu Linvega
Spam Arsonist

Thanks, haha, I think I got some of those in elementary school. I think it'd be cool if instead of "Banned" the title for banned users was "Another Failure" and their user icon would be set to an image of a coffin falling into the flames in Mikage's incinerator.

#10 | Back to Top09-11-2011 02:44:17 PM

Anthiena
Egghead

Davine Lu Linvega wrote:

Thanks, haha, I think I got some of those in elementary school. I think it'd be cool if instead of "Banned" the title for banned users was "Another Failure" and their user icon would be set to an image of a coffin falling into the flames in Mikage's incinerator.

DO THIS.

I stopped seeking to be sought after. That wasn't being true to myself.
I want to become someone who can exercise power. I want to become a prince. - Ikuni

#11 | Back to Top09-11-2011 03:52:10 PM

Esmenet
Tenjou Tilter

Davine Lu Linvega wrote:

I think it'd be cool if instead of "Banned" the title for banned users was "Another Failure" and their user icon would be set to an image of a coffin falling into the flames in Mikage's incinerator.

YES PLEASE. That would be amazing! \o/ (Just like your fabulous posts, wink wink. etc-love)

The bird is struggling out of the egg. The egg is the world. Whoever wants to be born must first destroy a world. [The bird is flying to God. The name of the God is called Abraxas.]

#12 | Back to Top09-11-2011 03:59:43 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Yes, that is an amazing idea.  I won't do it for all banned users, for a whole mess of reasons, but in this specific case?  Ideal. cool

Board footer