This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top10-17-2007 04:17:21 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

Re: Otaku Senshi Central! (yes you can also be egotistical!)

I used to do a lot of RPing on Yahoo. I've been Mercury, Mars, Pluto  etc-love , Saturn, and stood in for Jupiter.  At the time I graduated from college, I was in at least 5 SM RPGs there, one of them an SM/Utena crossover. But they all kept dying on me.

Aside from the SKU crossover, my favorite was the only RP where I got to use Amethyst. She had a "friend" named Garnet whose sole purpose was to keep her and Wicked Lady/Black Lady from trying to kill each other for Diamond's attention...or anything else. The last scene I wrote was that she was making a lot of trouble at a nightclub where the Sailor Senshi were.

But yeah, I came across a lot of Sailor Suns/Sols/Helios/Apollos back then. A lot of them actually lived "in the sun", and 90% of them either had red, orange, or yellow in their outfit. And yet, I've come across twice as many Sailor Earths/Gaeas/Terras....but somehow, not that many of them were Mamoru/Endymion's sister in either lifetime.

Oh, and we can't forget the endless parade of Lunar Senshi that turn out to be Sailor Moon's sister, or Chibi-Moon's sister. Those actually kind of irritated me once I'd read the manga translations and the manga because I was a total Canon Nazi.

Oh, and here's Sailor Phoenix.
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t270/EbonieRose/th_Phoenix.jpg  http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t270/EbonieRose/th_phoenix2.jpg

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#27 | Back to Top10-17-2007 04:30:52 PM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

OOOOH! shes so pretty! i like the mix of the flame outfit and the purple hair.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q278/SisterElla09/mrsaturnDance.gif

#28 | Back to Top10-18-2007 01:38:30 AM

Lissa
Miki Molester
Website

KissingT.Kiryuu wrote:

what now everyone is counting the years they have had their senshi? My god people are we monsters?

Silver had her 11th year anniversary this year. XD not bad. Her crew is only about 8 years old though. lol

*dies laughing* Nooo...the comment about forever being more than ten years led me to start thinking about how long I've had my senshi, and...it went downhill from there. (NOTE: Me + Thinking = Bad Things)

I miss being in RPs. Most of the ones I've been in died, and right now with working third shift (when most of the people are posting), I get behind fast. Solaris was actually created for an RP, back when the only knowledge of the series I had was bios off of the Internet, watching the first season and a half (which was all that was dubbed at the time), and the manga translations. I've changed her a lot as I've learned about the series and I've changed my viewpoints on things.

I do have her living "in" the sun back in Once Upon A Time Time...-_-().  BUT...if the other senshi can live on their respective planets, then why not? (Last I checked, Earth was the only planet that was confirmed to be able to sustain life...XD) Besides, in the manga, the sun is where Metallia's base was, so it makes sense.

Icon from Kawaii Not

#29 | Back to Top10-18-2007 06:19:56 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

KissingT.Kiryuu wrote:

OOOOH! shes so pretty! i like the mix of the flame outfit and the purple hair.

Can you tell purple is my favorite color? emot-biggrin

I came up with Sailor Phoenix because that was my very first email address back in 1998. I was a huge fan of X-Men, the Phoenix/Dark Phoenix Saga in particular...thus the name. Then I decided that she needed to exist so I made those pictures. But I never got past that.

#30 | Back to Top10-19-2007 01:03:26 PM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

She's so cute! The flames are an amazing touch. emot-aaa

You used the same color scheme I did, a looong time ago. I don't even remember what her name was. But she had orange hair and a purple fuku. emot-biggrin

Last edited by dollface (10-19-2007 01:04:45 PM)

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#31 | Back to Top10-22-2007 02:05:15 AM

Trench Kamen
Eternal Eschatologist
Website

Dude.

When I was 11 I was totally Sailor Andromeda and I was smarter than Sailor Mercury and more badass than Uranus and more mysterious than Pluto and a total fucking Mary Sue. It was fun. The pictures are so old I can't find them, though.

I miss the KiSS paper dolls. Those were badass. There was an Utena one that was awesome.

#32 | Back to Top10-22-2007 02:47:05 AM

Lissa
Miki Molester
Website

Trench Kamen wrote:

I miss the KiSS paper dolls. Those were badass. There was an Utena one that was awesome.

I think I have the KiSS doll in question. You click on the hair to change the hair color? I'm using it right now so I can work on the uniforms for my Sailormoon-esque knights.

Icon from Kawaii Not

#33 | Back to Top10-22-2007 11:22:09 AM

Dross
Mikage Mistruster

Wow... bringing back some memories.

I wrote a fic when I was 12.

Yes, 12.

In it, Serena (because I only knew about the dub that came on at 4pm after Hawaii 5.0) was shattered into a bunch of different people, and all of them were named after phases of the moon and took on an extreme part of her personality. And all looked slightly different.

I only remember Sailor Full Moon and Dark Moon. Sailor Full Moon was totally worthless because she couldn't hurt anything. She represented all her sweetness. Sailor Dark Moon was all her badness and didn't want to integrate back with the group when they figured out how to become one again.

It was cool for 12. X3

#34 | Back to Top10-22-2007 04:11:50 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

These are the only two pictures I ever made of Sailor Chaos. I  believe I settled on naming her Akane. I designed her for a post-Crystal Tokyo Yahoo RPG that never got off the ground.  I never could decide on which picture I liked better.
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t270/EbonieRose/th_Sailor_Chaos3.jpg http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t270/EbonieRose/th_Sailor_Chaos1.jpg

#35 | Back to Top10-22-2007 04:18:25 PM

Trench Kamen
Eternal Eschatologist
Website

Lissa wrote:

Trench Kamen wrote:

I think I have the KiSS doll in question. You click on the hair to change the hair color? I'm using it right now so I can work on the uniforms for my Sailormoon-esque knights.

I don't even remember; it was so long ago. You can still download those? I lost them when my computer got electrocuted in seventh grade.

#36 | Back to Top10-22-2007 04:30:18 PM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t270 … Chaos3.jpg
That one. is the one i like. although i can see why its hard to decide. they are both good looking.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q278/SisterElla09/mrsaturnDance.gif

#37 | Back to Top10-23-2007 01:28:32 AM

Lissa
Miki Molester
Website

Trench Kamen wrote:

Lissa wrote:

Trench Kamen wrote:

I don't even remember; it was so long ago. You can still download those? I lost them when my computer got electrocuted in seventh grade.

Yeah, you can. Last I knew, you could. As long as you have a KiSS player. (I downloaded a lot of them when I was at school to waste time, and I happened to have saved them on a disc). I could upload the doll on my site and then toss the link to you, if you'd like. You'd have to give me a couple of days, though, so I can get to a place that has a decent internet connection. If I tried uploading it on my connection, I'd be there for days. XD

And, Dross, I really like that idea. It's definitely unique.

Icon from Kawaii Not

#38 | Back to Top04-07-2016 10:03:12 AM

zeedikay
Sunlit Gardener (Prelude)

Time to raise this thread from the depths!

I don't really think I posted that much of my otaku senshi back in the day. The only one I really remember had a fire theme, right down to her favorite food. But I did end up making a variant of Sailor Eris for a contest once!
http://i.imgur.com/dA8o6mx.png

To put it briefly, her backstory was pretty dark, and involved her being an escaped prisoner, and actively wanting the world to end. Her design still is pretty neat, and I occasionally get the urge to go back and redo her a bit.
The original image and bio are here, if you want to see it!

#39 | Back to Top04-07-2016 07:01:59 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

The picture reminds me weirdly of Delirium from Sandman.  Granted, Delirium was not a sociopath, but still. poptart

Board footer