This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#351 | Back to Top08-28-2013 01:04:59 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Re: Report layout glitches, bugs, and forum meltdowns here!

Uhm, so now that that's half done...wtf? Ever since that server work they did, I haven't seen errors on the forum or on the gallery. (Except for the Et Cetera section being dicked, but that's a known problem otherwise.)

So uh very recently, has anyone browsing the gallery run into the links being dead or the thumbnails not loading? Because I just pounded on it for 20 minutes without any of that happening. And I'd really like all the work I just did to be for naught, beats having to take down months and months of work.

If anyone catches anything, please let me know. I may just be getting lucky here.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#352 | Back to Top08-28-2013 01:09:07 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

I am getting super-fast loads with no errors.  They must have forgotten to re-enable CloudFlare after they tweaked the servers.  emot-smile

Maybe keep a hold of what you've got of the HTML version?  Just in case?

#353 | Back to Top08-28-2013 11:01:20 AM

Ragnarok
Caption Captor
Website

It's working fine for me as well.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/RagnarokIII/spyschool.jpg

#354 | Back to Top08-28-2013 11:48:25 AM

Arki
Dark Whisperer

Yep, yep. Looks good, with normal load times. emot-smile

#355 | Back to Top09-01-2013 02:31:36 AM

Kita-Ysabell
Covert Diarist
Website

Was the forum supposed to be down for an hour or so, and I just missed the announcement?

I should've copied the text of the error message, but I didn't.  All I can recall is that it said something about being unable to allow a client(?) with a "password=yes".

"Et in Arcadio ego..."

#356 | Back to Top09-01-2013 02:45:47 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

No, sorry. That was me being retarded and changing the password for the MySQL databases so none of the programs running on the site knew what the fuck to do until I manually changed their passwords too.

So the gallery is fucked because the binaries that build the thumbnails and such, Imagemagick, is apparently no longer supported since the changes my host made. So I have to install another thing, NetPBM. Otherwise all the images are there, but not thumbnails, which is kinda useless.

Edit: Or NetPBM can be the same problem. I sent a ticket about it. I hope the host will do this, otherwise their changes just ruined my gallery.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.

#357 | Back to Top09-01-2013 03:40:42 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

My goal today was to get the Etc section of the Gallery working.

I succeeded. It took all night. I hate working on the site when it's maintenance and not new content.

#358 | Back to Top09-11-2013 11:36:19 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

The forum is no longer respecting my time zone. emot-frown  It is 1:36 PM here, but forum time is 6:36 PM.

#359 | Back to Top09-11-2013 04:54:41 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

I'll look into it.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#360 | Back to Top09-11-2013 04:59:37 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

The problem has fixed itself, actually -- unless you fixed it in the last five minutes emot-redface

So the new heads-up is that the gallery is being derpy again.  It's not as bad as it had been, but it's not running perfectly like it was for a little while, either.  Just thought you'd want to know, if you haven't noticed already.

#361 | Back to Top09-12-2013 03:33:43 AM

Decrescent Daytripper
Best Disney Princess

Not only is the time code going wonky for me, here, the email updates just sent me old messages dated seventeen hours in the future.

Unless that's a feature now, in which case, carry on, good work, nice to know Nova will repeat themself in dun DUN DUN! the future.

My Brain is the Wakaba and Shiori Funtime Hour. With limited commercial interruption.

#362 | Back to Top09-12-2013 08:42:27 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

It's a server issue, I think. It's done this sort of thing before-- I corrected it when it messed up and I corrected it again now that it's (hopefully) fixed itself.

As for the gallery... shit. I'll keep an eye on it. emot-mad

Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#363 | Back to Top09-12-2013 09:04:35 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

NEVERMIND, the time problem is not solved. Just bear with me while I try to fix things emot-mad

#364 | Back to Top09-13-2013 01:23:20 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

i htink yasha is a pretty cool guy, eh fixes date errors and doesn't afraid of breaking forums cool

Project for tomorrow: grab Gio and see if we can't slim down the gallery bandwidth usage, because that's what's causing the broken thumbs and such. We may after all end up going to an html gallery emot-frown

Edit: Okay, I've gotten one 500 error since I did the date fix, so there's still something wrong there.... but I think it has to do with the gallery/bandwidth usage. Keep us informed, okay? Hopefully we can get everything slimmed down so that it all works properly.

Last edited by Yasha (09-13-2013 02:12:27 AM)

#365 | Back to Top09-18-2013 03:53:35 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

So I'm going to be moving the site, because in the last year pretty much all shared hosting services unanimously decided that they didn't want business like mine. Because I have the most popular website on the internet and it places undue strain on their servers which were designed for extremely low content, low resource websites. Which is kinda silly, because if that's what they were designed for why give me unlimited MySQL in the first place?

I'm avoiding VPS if I can, that's a learning curve a bit too steep for me at this point, but I am trying to find semi-dedicated hosting to be able to claim a larger processing chunk of pie. I have actually coded the gallery in HTML, but the doing of this pisses me off to no end. I don't want to be already bursting at the seams on my host when I'm trying to plan new content.

So. EM just got more expensive than it's been in a long time. Hurrah for going backwards instead of forwards hosting industry. emot-mad When the move happens (most important thing about new host is THEY'RE MIGRATING IT ) there will probably be downtime and burps and messy stuff all over, so sorry in advance. I haven't moved hosts in years and I'm not looking forward to it. It's like moving into a new house. And finding out half your stuff broke in the moving trucks. emot-mad

#366 | Back to Top09-21-2013 08:54:40 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Or maybe not? We think it's a memory leak in Gallery2, so we may be migrating to Gallery3 instead. At any rate, if anyone notices anything strange with the gallery (other than the gallery not loading thumbnails like it normally does), give it an hour before reporting, because we're still trying to kick its ass into working/prove that it's a memory leak.

#367 | Back to Top10-08-2013 04:50:21 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Yasha wrote:

Or maybe not? We think it's a memory leak in Gallery2, so we may be migrating to Gallery3 instead. At any rate, if anyone notices anything strange with the gallery (other than the gallery not loading thumbnails like it normally does), give it an hour before reporting, because we're still trying to kick its ass into working/prove that it's a memory leak.

WHAT GALLERY 2? I give up! As mentioned in the happy thread, the gallery is now run on Gallery 3. After a lot of back and forth and research it turns out that a server move might not have fixed the problem. There's a problem with Gallery 2 (which hasn't been updated in ages, it's a static program) and the newer PHP/Apache/MySQL codes. Different problems come up for different people, but as far as I could find, no solution exists for the memory leak. So. It's been rebuilt. I've changed the frontpage and 404 (thanks satyr!) links to the new directory, and the old directory redirects to the new one, as long as you access it as http://ohtori.nu/galerie. A slash at the end or the main.php and it won't redirect because Gallery 2 had its own redirects set up, and if I make those work I do it by changing the URL of every file below, when the reason there's a chunk of G2 still up is to preserve the hotlinks we all did to the television series. I only left the television episodes up, the rest is down.

I'm going to edit G2 so it's obvious to people there's a new URL, because it won't forward in every instance, but otherwise, yeah. Stuff. The new gallery should be going fine--I did some huge modding and module tinkering to make a navigation menu on the top (since G3 natively has like no way to organize shit.) I'm saving fixing the code to look nicer for another day. emot-mad

So long story short:
- Gallery is now reinstalled. http://ohtori.nu/gallery It's all the same content (plus some new TV artwork that came out with the new Blu-Rays, etc.)
- All direct links to the television series, ie. analysis pages and such, still link to the old gallery, which has the television episodes left for this purpose. In time, this may be removed, but only after as many links as possible get changed.

My brain hurts. The G3 install for the doujinshi gallery will be slightly different (and hasn't been fixed up yet) since I'm using tags for it and such. (FUCK no I'm not tagging the gallery.) But that's also a work in progress as I scan more stuff from Dallbun's collection.

Oot.

#368 | Back to Top10-27-2013 09:14:20 PM

Kita-Ysabell
Covert Diarist
Website

So I finally got around to poking my nose into the new essays, and... am I the only one who sees a bunch of funky characters instead of apostrophe marks?  Is that a thing that could maybe be fixed, or should I just put up with it?

"Et in Arcadio ego..."

#369 | Back to Top10-27-2013 11:04:00 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Ugh, that's lame. We'll fix, hun.  emot-wink

#370 | Back to Top10-30-2013 01:36:19 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Sorry about that, should be all fixed now. Let me know if you find anything else I missed! http://ohtori.nu/forumstuff/emotes/emot-downsgun.gif

#371 | Back to Top12-07-2013 11:29:24 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

So I've taken down the screencaps from the old gallery, since I've noticed they almost never load anyway, so the images are broken in the forums anyway. Also G2 was consuming almost my entire allowed number of inodes and I'm tired of knowing my site's not getting backed up because of it.

I've started the VERY SLOW process of changing all the links in the forum to the new gallery. That's me searching through the entire forum post by post. I've done the first three episodes, so any links to those should work fine. Other images that were hotlinked from the gallery prior to the changeover are down right now. Sorry. I'm working on it!!

#372 | Back to Top01-03-2014 09:52:39 PM

gpink
Eternal Castellan

Speaking of the galley the Multimedia link on the home page is broken. On a related note where did you move the desktop computer backgrounds? I can't seem to find them.

#373 | Back to Top01-04-2014 05:59:16 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

They.... should still be in multimedia? Hm. I'll check into it.

#374 | Back to Top01-08-2014 02:08:45 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

gpink wrote:

Speaking of the galley the Multimedia link on the home page is broken. On a related note where did you move the desktop computer backgrounds? I can't seem to find them.

They're in multimedia, the link to which should be fixed now. emot-keke

#375 | Back to Top06-08-2016 04:32:11 PM

Kita-Ysabell
Covert Diarist
Website

I dunno if it's the forum, my phone, or what, but when I pull up the site on said iPhone, it's completely broken.  The tables in the index are removed, so it's all one big unformatted mess, and links don't work, they just reload the same page.

I know IRG isn't exactly designed to be phone friendly, but I've been spending a LOT of time sitting around in medical settings, and it's nice to be able to have something to pay attention to.  So, that's my excuse.

"Et in Arcadio ego..."

Board footer