This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top07-12-2011 03:25:22 AM

sharnii
Pharaoh of Phanstuff
Website

[AMV] Cosmic Love (Anthy)

At first glance Himemiya Anthy is a sweet innocent schoolgirl...at second glance she's an evil manipulative witch.

At third glance she's a little sister besotted by a big brother, a prince, desperately wanting to save him at any cost - even the cost of her self.

Take another look at the complicated motivations of Anthy and her love/hate story that spans the ages and witnesses the evolution of Dios into Akio.

Music: Cosmic Love by Florence & the Machine
Genre: Character Study
Focus: Motivation of Himemiya Anthy (her love for Dios/Akio)

Find it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as9hq8JD … ideo_title

#2 | Back to Top07-16-2011 12:52:57 AM

Iris
Queen of the Video Box

Re: [AMV] Cosmic Love (Anthy)

This is gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous.  The emotions that this video evoke are powerful, I like the simplicity you used in editing.
It's really fun to watch you progress.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/IrisBeloved/piano.png

#3 | Back to Top07-18-2011 01:57:03 PM

Louchan
Rose Bride

Beautiful AMV. etc-love

I especially loved this part:

I took the stars from my eyes, and then I made a map
And knew that somehow I could find my way back
Then I heard your heart beating, you were in the darkness too
So I stayed in the darkness with you

You captured that so perfectly with the scenes you used, especially what followed immediately afterwards. It all gave me goosebumps.

Off to my YouTube favorites you go! emot-biggrin

#4 | Back to Top07-19-2011 08:19:03 AM

cscratch
Anthy Assailer
Website

Absolutely love this song & did not even think about how well it suits Anthy until this video.  Fantastic video emot-smile

#5 | Back to Top07-28-2011 03:31:36 AM

Mellow Morte
Saionji Slapper

Amazing. etc-love
I'm looking forward to see more AMVs from you. Also, this is my favourite song by Florence + the Machine.

#6 | Back to Top08-01-2011 02:52:41 PM

Honey Bear
Sunlit Gardener (Prelude)
Website

Love Florence and the Machine and love this video. etc-love

Also, unless there's two Sharnii's I think I was reading some of your fanfics over on ff.net recently. If you got a bunch of gushing reviews a week or two ago from someone called Nina then, hey! It's a small world.

#7 | Back to Top08-24-2011 06:17:19 AM

sharnii
Pharaoh of Phanstuff
Website

Aw, thanks guys. emot-biggrin

And hey Honey Bear, thanks for the fanfic reviews! Always great to see that people are still finding and reading my stories/watching my amvs. I always feel a sense of deeper connection when that happens...like we're somehow all recreating Utena together with our creations and reader-interpretations and sharing. poptart

And to answer one of those reviews, cool, I loved making "Daniel" and I'm a big fan of the pairing of Mikage/Mamiya. You may be interested to know I have another completed Mikage/Mamiya/Tokiko amv I just haven't gotten around to uploading yet. It's set to Adele's "Rolling in the Deep" and I'll be uploading it under my new youtube account sharnii2. There's a link in my sig file.

#8 | Back to Top12-15-2012 04:54:17 PM

Erifrats101
New Student

Have to say, this is by far my favorite Utena AMV, especially since it fits Anthy so well. (Immediately thought of it when I found this avatar; dunno if you inspired/made it or not). Also, love all your fics. Great job, and keep up the awesome work! emot-biggrin

#9 | Back to Top03-06-2013 02:00:17 AM

sharnii
Pharaoh of Phanstuff
Website

Erifrats101 wrote:

Have to say, this is by far my favorite Utena AMV, especially since it fits Anthy so well. (Immediately thought of it when I found this avatar; dunno if you inspired/made it or not). Also, love all your fics. Great job, and keep up the awesome work! emot-biggrin

Thanks so much! emot-keke BTW I love that avatar too, nice choice. I'm pretty sure that one was made before my time, and I've seen it somewhere around our avatar masterpost - which means one of the lovely fans here created it. Shout it out, anyone reading this, if you happen to know who.

Board footer