This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top03-12-2007 03:31:30 PM

Toukai
New Student

Well now...

Okay, aside from the fact that I have always liked Utena, and my raging persecution of otaku, I find myself a little ashamed of joining such a forum. However! Utena is, by far, my favorite anime of all time and as such I am trying to model (3d model) everything from Utena. I have aquired, hopefully, sufficient designs to make the characters but sadly I am lacking in the building department. I want to make a good duelist arena, but there is no over the head view of the actual arena in any episode, nor is there a decent way to measure scale for it. Damn emot-smile

I figured since this is actualy a semi-living Utena forum (I say semi because I do not know on a regular basis how many people are actualy on said forum) that I would ask if there is anyone out there with an extensive gallery that would be so willing to share any architecture images for the actual buildings in Utena emot-smile

Oh yes, and a nice little emot-mad for my opening statement emot-smile

#2 | Back to Top03-12-2007 03:58:19 PM

Yams
Nest Boxer

Re: Well now...

Doesn't the gallery have a bunch of those kind of pics?

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

#3 | Back to Top03-12-2007 04:48:53 PM

Toukai
New Student

Yea I looked through it. I am looking for a guestimate of the over-all size of the entire arena as well as the symbol in the middle which i cannot seem to find =/

#4 | Back to Top03-13-2007 06:00:27 AM

Maarika
Someday Shiner
Website

Then you'd better have to wait till the new gallery is launched. Perhaps you'll find what you need from there.
Also, if you can't find what you're looking for from Empty Movement then you won't most likely find it at all.

Ah, and welcome to IRG!

The Saionji Support Squad:
Believing in True Friendship Since 2008.

#5 | Back to Top03-13-2007 06:22:07 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Actually the capping I've been doing for the new gallery has well covered the screenshots of the architecture, and I'm far along enough that I can probably go through the caps and cover just about every location. I'm at work right at this moment so I can't, but when I get home I'll pile them up in a zip for you. You might also then be interested in some of the layout charts in the game stuff, I'll track them down, too. emot-smile (You do mean the series, yes? Movie's a whole other bag.)

I wouldn't expect it all to make sense, since the dueling forest is quite clearly a space warp of some kind, the arena is far larger than the room in that wooded area, never mind that it appears open space when it's clearly not. Oh, Akio.

And, this forum? We keep it real.

Real busy. emot-dance

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#6 | Back to Top03-13-2007 06:27:08 AM

Yams
Nest Boxer

Or, if you don't want to wait for the new gallery, you could always do some screenshots yourself of the anime. It isn't hard. Just need something like the VLC media player.

Last edited by YamPuff (03-13-2007 06:28:50 AM)

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

#7 | Back to Top03-13-2007 04:29:58 PM

Toukai
New Student

Well, the space warp thing is no problem and any movie I make of it (or screen) will most notably be edited to fit the series.

I cant wait for the images Giovanna.

The reason I wanted to do this is for, well, my own personal improvement in modeling and animation as well as have my own "dolls" to do with what I want. Be it animate a duel, or make cool background images. Thanks for the support and sorry for the first post, I am at a school with nothing but anime nerds and its hard to get anything done. I like anime, but damn some people need to get a life emot-aaa

#8 | Back to Top03-13-2007 04:42:44 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

It's kind of hard to see this forum as full of otaku once you spend some time here. To be honest, I think we tend to be more interested in sex than anime. emot-keke

Then again, I do tend to spend a lot of time in IFD. emot-keke

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#9 | Back to Top03-13-2007 04:48:36 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Toukai wrote:

I am at a school with nothing but anime nerds and its hard to get anything done. I like anime, but damn some people need to get a life emot-aaa

Speaking of needing to get a life, here ya go. emot-keke Is 9mb.

http://ohtori.nu/forumstuff/Architecture.zip

This is by no means all-inclusive, but I basically jumped around episodes, especially ones I was familiar with and ones that changed the set in some major way, and pulled the shots of the school. Some things I included, some I didn't, but hopefully this will prove useful. emot-smile

And seconding Yasha. We seem to be more of a sex-crazed bunch than a whole lot of otaku. school-devil

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.

#10 | Back to Top03-13-2007 04:52:25 PM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

Giovanna wrote:

And seconding Yasha. We seem to be more of a sex-crazed bunch than a whole lot of otaku. school-devil

[eyes your icon] Well, we are SKU fans, after all... etc-wankgirl

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#11 | Back to Top03-13-2007 04:56:17 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Yes, but that doesn't mean we're OMG LOLZ KEKEKEKE emot-keke anime fans. I think I've only ever said things like that in jest. cool

Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#12 | Back to Top03-14-2007 04:37:23 AM

allegoriest
Delicious Duellist
Website

adsfajskteygfb *cradles .zip obsessively*
Thankyou for making the folder of my dreams *___*

I swear the scale for the arena changes. Much less the structure. (curse you elevator sequence!!)

Though most of Ohtori isn't possible anyway...

I agree, I enjoy anime, but I don't obsess over it. That's a bit much. (at least choose a part to obsess over, not just anime X___x)
I wish I was better with 3d... my school sucks. At least I should only ever have to do buildings. >_<

...I wonder how it would looks seeing people walk down the Kozue death trap stairs... *twist twist twist*
I want Kozue death trap stairs ;__;

#13 | Back to Top03-14-2007 07:24:47 AM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

allegoriest wrote:

...I wonder how it would looks seeing people walk down the Kozue death trap stairs... *twist twist twist*
I want Kozue death trap stairs ;__;

I think many parts of the world would be improved greatly by Kozue Death Trap Stairs. Starting with my workplace. school-devil

Actually, I have to admit that sometimes I feel out of place here because although I have seen a bit of anime in my time, I don't watch it anymore and never watched a lot of it to begin with. Which is partially because I'm from a country with more sheep than people (and as I understand it, sheep culture doesn't go much beyond a) grass and b) wondering what the hell those dogs want THIS time), but...yeah. [scratches head] Ah, well, never mind...I'll go back to trying not to download the .zip, because seriously, I waste enough time as it is without obsessively trying to work out the construction of Ohtori. I told my father I wasn't going into civil engineering for a reason. emot-tongue

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#14 | Back to Top03-14-2007 07:32:24 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

A mechanical engineer, an electrical engineer, and a civil engineer are sitting around discussing what kind of engineer God had to be.
The mechanical engineer starts off, "Take for example the human body. The joints, the skeleton, and the musculature are all engineering marvels. Obviously God had to be a mechanical engineer."
The electrical engineer replies, "Yes, but also look at the nervous system. The brain is able to send and receive millions of electrical
signals and process and interpret them all. Obviously God had to be an electrical engineer."
The civil engineer says, "You're both full of it. God had to be a civil engineer. Who else would run a waste disposal pipeline right
through a major recreational area?"

Sorry. Couldn't resist. emot-keke

Don't feel too bad Clarice, I've had my run ins with other anime and I'll watch new ones on occasion, but I don't really consider myself an anime fan these days. Definitely no otaku, SKU is just...SKU. I'm raging fanatic whore for The Sandman and Xenogears as well but I'm not a comic geek or a gamer (these days).

Also...scrapers. etc-love etc-love etc-wankgirl etc-wankgirl

#15 | Back to Top03-14-2007 09:40:14 AM

Maarika
Someday Shiner
Website

The architecture pics are an invalubale reference material! etc-love

I've taken some screenshots of episode 37-39 of the scene where Anthy goes on the roof, but I can't figure out where that roof is located. I thought it might be a nearby structure of the Akio tower, but I went through the pics and it seemed that there was some platform sort of thing attached to it. Isn't that the Student Council area though? I'm so confused about that.

The Saionji Support Squad:
Believing in True Friendship Since 2008.

#16 | Back to Top03-14-2007 10:46:57 AM

Toukai
New Student

Granted I can make most of those scenes, and I was going too sooner or later. But the duelist arena... the arenaaaaaa..

back to judging the size of the middle column XD

#17 | Back to Top03-14-2007 11:06:10 AM

Emiemipoemi
Troublesome Insect

OMG That zip makes me want to someone raise 5 bajillion dollars and make some BUILD that damn school.

#18 | Back to Top03-14-2007 11:16:15 AM

Yams
Nest Boxer

allegoriest wrote:

I swear the scale for the arena changes. Much less the structure. (curse you elevator sequence!!)

Though most of Ohtori isn't possible anyway...

I love that about Ohtori; its so mind boggling and hard to put together. Scale changing, moments of...wtf? Its great.

Though it is probably just the result of lazy animation. emot-rolleyes

#19 | Back to Top03-14-2007 12:22:11 PM

Toukai
New Student

wow im stupid, forgot to look through the other folders for the arena hahahah...

*hides*

#20 | Back to Top03-14-2007 03:06:00 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

I hope you're finding what you need, Toukai. emot-dance

#21 | Back to Top03-14-2007 03:24:14 PM

guardian_rose
Precious One

Giovanna wrote:

Don't feel too bad Clarice, I've had my run ins with other anime and I'll watch new ones on occasion, but I don't really consider myself an anime fan these days. Definitely no otaku, SKU is just...SKU. I'm raging fanatic whore for The Sandman and Xenogears as well but I'm not a comic geek or a gamer (these days).

I feel the same way. Except for maybe about The Sandman and Xenogears. Never seen either of them. Although i do feel that way about Naruto (but not Naruto on cartoon network.)

Im afraid... very afraid of the translation jobs and voices that we tend to hear in the US.emot-gonk its a sad sad world we live in.

We all have our own little addictions.

#22 | Back to Top03-14-2007 07:27:10 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

Giovanna wrote:

Engineering Joke

I went to an engineering school, but I wasn't an engineer. I always loved that joke.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#23 | Back to Top03-16-2007 12:58:53 AM

Toukai
New Student

Well now....

the question being should I make it look real and jack the polys through the roof, or cut most of it and make it game graphics? emot-smile

I found what I need actualy. I will still work on it, but at the moment I got another job to do. Government building that needs to be modeled. gonna take me all day but well worth the 3k emot-smile

Board footer