This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top10-31-2011 09:17:11 AM

Rotten Mooring
Precious One

NaNoWriMo 2011

Okay, I've mastered the "search" feature and I know some of you lovely writers here have done this before. Is anybody else signed up for this year's National Novel Writing Month or is it just me?

If you're interested, and haven't signed up yet, then get your butts in gear! It's fun, and there's nothing saying you can't put a word goal towards your next awesome Utena fan-fiction!

If you don't know what this is yet, then check out their super-duper website here: http://www.nanowrimo.org

(Mods: If someone else has already posted this, let it be proof that my mastery of search features has nothing to do with a mastery of keywords, and please go ahead and delete this post. emot-wink)

#2 | Back to Top10-31-2011 10:43:41 AM

Makubi
Touga Topper

Re: NaNoWriMo 2011

I'm definitely interested in having a go at NaNoWriMo this year, as a friend of mine took the challenge last year, although I'm hoping I can maintain some momentum on the project...emot-rolleyes

#3 | Back to Top10-31-2011 12:48:06 PM

Rotten Mooring
Precious One

I'm terrible about follow-through in these things.

If anyone could use another Writing Buddy, my username is BlackCoat. I'll pester you about writing if you pester me. cool
Maybe if I get enough people lined up to tell me to GET BACK TO WRITING ALREADY, I'll have a chance at success?

Also, I'm not a bad person to bounce ideas off of emot-wink. (Terrible Beta-though. I can't spell.)

Edit: To include my username. Guess who just figured out how "Writing Buddies" work? emot-rofl

Last edited by Rotten Mooring (11-01-2011 07:55:24 AM)

#4 | Back to Top10-31-2011 05:53:02 PM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

school-devil I'm doing it again this year! Granted, it's eight in the morning here in Western Australia and I still haven't started, but I'm going to some Melbourne Cup thing so it won't start for me until this arvo anyway. Whooo.

My username's claireoujisama; I can't give a link because the site won't let me in right now, but buddies are aaaaaaall good.

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#5 | Back to Top11-01-2011 05:34:15 AM

crystalwren
Dark Whisperer
Website

I'm going to give it a shot. I can definitely use some prodding along. User name of crystalwren, of course. I've taken the liberty of adding you already, Clarice. Everyone else, add at will.

(psst: Clarice. Win anything on the neigh-neighs? I got a first and a third out of four bets in total. It's the first time I've won anything in years. I'm telling everyone so they can bask in my glory.)

#6 | Back to Top11-01-2011 08:53:35 AM

KaleMarsh
High Tripper

This is going to be my fifth year.  Aerb.  I think I'm actually going to do the write-in thing.  It isn't like a I have a social life otherwise.  Hahaha...

No really.  I need one.

Last edited by KaleMarsh (11-01-2011 09:00:46 AM)

#7 | Back to Top11-01-2011 09:32:36 AM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

crystalwren wrote:

(psst: Clarice. Win anything on the neigh-neighs? I got a first and a third out of four bets in total. It's the first time I've won anything in years. I'm telling everyone so they can bask in my glory.)

I didn't place any proper bets, just did the usual sweepstakes with the other ladies at the "luncheon," ha ha ha. My horsies did rather poorly. Poor horsies. emot-gonk

And despite dragging my heels all day I finally wrote something this evening. A WINNER IS ME.

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#8 | Back to Top11-01-2011 05:51:54 PM

Mylene
Fighting Evil By Moonlight

Paradox and I are both NaNoing.  This will be my 4th time (have been successful in my 3 previous attempts), and for once, I'm not writing a sequel.  My first 3 were all part of a trilogy, but this year, I'm going in a completely different direction. I hope I can come up with 50k words of a different direction, since right now I've just got a little inkling of what I'm doing.  emot-gonk

#9 | Back to Top11-01-2011 07:01:06 PM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

Mylene wrote:

...since right now I've just got a little inkling of what I'm doing.  emot-gonk

Ha ha, one day I really have to try NaNo like that. Just writing without forethought, I mean. I suspect I'll crash and burn...because when I think about it, I DID try something along those lines once when I lived in the UK. And crashed and burned. Huh. Must have wiped it from my memory...

Beyond The Silver Leaves

Board footer