This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#51 | Back to Top05-05-2009 09:38:38 AM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Re: If you could ask Ikuhara a question, what would it be?

Hiraku wrote:

Did you realize that among the student council members, NOBODY is designated as the treasurer?

Was that intentional?

Hmmm...wasn't treasurer insinuated as Juri's position? The vice principal said something to her in episode 7 about how "thanks to Juri's work, the school can continue its fine tradition." I can only assume it meant financial work.

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#52 | Back to Top05-05-2009 01:05:00 PM

Hiraku
Easter Elf #40
Website

BioKraze wrote:

Hiraku wrote:

Did you realize that among the student council members, NOBODY is designated as the treasurer?

Was that intentional?

Hmmm...wasn't treasurer insinuated as Juri's position? The vice principal said something to her in episode 7 about how "thanks to Juri's work, the school can continue its fine tradition." I can only assume it meant financial work.

It's not clear what Juri was doing. The show did not distinctively state her position like it did with Touga, Miki, and Saionji. There's argument that her job is like that of an ambassador or negotiator because of her charisma.

And, as far as I know, money was never really the issue in Utena except maybe when Juri showed up at Nanami's party "dressed like a million-dollar whore" for her modeling.

#53 | Back to Top05-07-2009 09:01:36 AM

sharnii
Pharaoh of Phanstuff
Website

Ikuhara...please be straight with me...have you deliberately used loose symbolism and left plot holes in SKU so that an endlessly post-modern melting pot of interpretations is possible? Because it sure seems like it.

Ikuhara, just tell me. Please. Stop pointing at that weird greek statue off to the side, and just come clean. Come on. Tell it to me straight.

Board footer