This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top04-15-2008 11:21:44 AM

beautifulpanther
Qualified Duellist
Website

Juri and Shiori - their look in 10 years?

well... I'm planning to write a new fanfic... the main focus is Juri x Shiori, but - as title says- 10 years later...

both haven't seen each other since graduation and 10 years have passed by.

I can imagine Shiori as a secretary or maybe working in a boutique (damn i forgot the name of this occupation >>). I don'T think that she will get into some kind of popular environment, compared to Juri...

I'm not sure if she would be famous after 10 years, but for sure she still fences... maybe some model-jobs....

so... maybe you have some ideas for outfit, hair and such?

(well, I just have that idea of Shiori wearing glasses... slim reading glasses or such, i just can't get rid of this thought *_*)

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/NicoRobin1985/wheebanner2.jpg
Bianca   *1989 - +14.09.2007

"A duel against a feather has nothing to do with provocation or letting you look like a fool. Duelling the feather, the essence of all art and truth written down on paper, is a duel against your inner self to find security and cognition" (©Octavian)

#2 | Back to Top04-15-2008 01:17:03 PM

Iris
Queen of the Video Box

Re: Juri and Shiori - their look in 10 years?

I think Shiori would grow her hair long, and Juri would cut her hair short.  I've noticed this tendency of girls who secretly have feelings for each other, they unconsciously try to make themselves look like the other.  Shiori seems like the type who secretly has some sort of crazy math brain behind her, and would be very good at owning a boutique, or any other type of store.

I think Juri would have a job that'd be more stable, and peruse her fencing and modeling as a side.  She always seemed like the practical type, someone who wouldn't want to have the fear of unstable income.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/IrisBeloved/piano.png

#3 | Back to Top04-15-2008 01:32:35 PM

Nilamarthiel
The Icon Icon
Website

Personally, I keep imagining Juri with her hair swept up and back, in a messy bun. Glasses for Shiori works well, I think. Somehow, I imagine Juri as a politician or doing some other form of government work, but that seems strange to me, and yet it rings right. I dunno.

#4 | Back to Top04-15-2008 02:21:35 PM

Alithea
Dark Whisperer
Website

It's alway been my personal canon that Shiori is secretly a really great artist, and when she grows up she does the straving artist thing, never quite in vogue enough to be famous though. She'd always be struggling a little. As a consequence she'd work part time at bookstores or music stores. I can see her growing her hair out a little longer, keeping it in a ponytail and wearing sploppy overalls that have been splattered with paint.

Juri strikes me as someone who would either continue to grow her hair out (like it is in the movie) or would cut it dramatically short, or perhaps go through cycles of doing both. I always imagined she'd end up teaching, either fencing or something like history, or both. I think she'd stop modeling. It doesn't really seem to be her passion it's just something she does to make money. But Juri is classy and no matter her occupation she'd be in style.

That's my two cents for you.

"The only reason to write is to write for love. Write for passion. If you have the privilege of being able to write, then don't do it for any other reason." - Stephen Sondheim

#5 | Back to Top04-20-2008 09:48:08 PM

Kaelyndra
Pained Growlithe

I'm with Alithea. I think that Juuri would likely grow up to be a teacher. I think she likes directing and teaching people.

I see Shiori as an avian doctor. That scene with the bird really spoke to me, and I can't this idea of Shiori and birds out of my mind. I like the idea for having Shiori be an arist, as well. I don't see her in a normal job. I see her doing something where she would stand out and be unique, but also really enjoy doing.

I have no idea on the hair styles, though I like the idea of them attempting to emulate each other. Juuri might be too much of a coward to do it, though.

#6 | Back to Top04-20-2008 11:02:39 PM

Decrescent Daytripper
Best Disney Princess

I figure Juri would look quite a bit like Miss Jean Brodie, from (astonishingly) The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie.  And yes, the teaching.  One of those very adult, very meaningful teachers with just the right balance of humor and familiarity that when they look at you and wait it's an OMG I melt moment.

Shiori... I don't see Shiori working, so much as working people.  She seems like she'd be one of those people who gets by, by simply walking through an opening or a party and making sure to touch everyone she passes and whisper something to them before moving on, leaving with a fatter wallet and plans.  Lots of small intimacies, basically, as freely spent currency to a perpetual end.

My Brain is the Wakaba and Shiori Funtime Hour. With limited commercial interruption.

#7 | Back to Top04-23-2008 07:23:44 AM

beautifulpanther
Qualified Duellist
Website

Decrescent Daytripper wrote:

Shiori... I don't see Shiori working, so much as working people.  She seems like she'd be one of those people who gets by, by simply walking through an opening or a party and making sure to touch everyone she passes and whisper something to them before moving on, leaving with a fatter wallet and plans.  Lots of small intimacies, basically, as freely spent currency to a perpetual end.

whoa o.o an idea i never thought of x3 that's indeed interesting oô

"A duel against a feather has nothing to do with provocation or letting you look like a fool. Duelling the feather, the essence of all art and truth written down on paper, is a duel against your inner self to find security and cognition" (©Octavian)

#8 | Back to Top04-23-2008 06:30:00 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Decrescent Daytripper wrote:

Does that mean she's going to grow up to be a prostitute? emot-gonkemot-gonkemot-gonk

I've put a lot of thought into stuff involving Shiori, I can never seem to decide what would be a good career for her. Since I've been wondering that too, I just went and took one of those online quizzes and filled in what answers I think that she would pick. (Next maybe I'll get around to taking that Self-esteem quiz for her...) According to it, she would do best in these fields.

* Artist
    * Historian
    * Banker
    * Novelist
    * University Professor
    * Photographer
    * Vet
    * Paralegal
    * Graphic Designer
    * Online Content Developer
    * Webmaster
    * Producer
    * Managing Director
    * Nutritionist
    * Advertising
    * Nursing

These tests are never very accurate, but I figured it would be interesting to give it a shot. Proof that Shiori really would make a good artist after all. That, and apparently I'm not crazy for thinking that Shiori would take a college course in history? emot-confused On the other hand, banker, WTF? Can she be one of the nice bankers who gives out lollipops?

Maybe I should find a better test. This is actually pretty fun... (According to The Good Person Test, Shiori is a bad person, and she needs to seek Jesus' love to be saved from eternal damnation... And they're serious? Who the hell writes these?)

#9 | Back to Top04-24-2008 05:49:01 AM

Decrescent Daytripper
Best Disney Princess

Razara wrote:

Does that mean she's going to grow up to be a prostitute? emot-gonkemot-gonkemot-gonk

I wasn't quite going for that, no.  Just thinking at the moment about the bit in the movie where she's hanging off Juri to get her to go beat up our favorite pinkhaired duellist and extrapolating amongst people I know who get by basically on the strength of a magic decisive-strong/broken-little-bird ratio and knowing exactly how to just lightly steer people in directions beneficial to them.  They seem to work openings a lot, but that may be a perceptual bias based on where I'm at a lot.  It isn't sex for money (I find, generally, these women aren't sleeping with anybody despite, perhaps, appearances), but encouraging a certain level of parental/older-sibling feelings in people, getly nudging the true-prince buttons, in order to keep themselves afloat.

And I think I'm on the way to developing an inordinately potent fetish for banker-Shiori.  Particularly if she also doles out candy.

My Brain is the Wakaba and Shiori Funtime Hour. With limited commercial interruption.

#10 | Back to Top04-24-2008 06:03:24 AM

beautifulpanther
Qualified Duellist
Website

uhm... well I guess Shiori could be the type, clinging on other males to get someone she could literally take advantage of his wallet ;) a bit like those bunnies in the playboy mansion... wtf? XD

#11 | Back to Top05-04-2008 01:43:46 PM

NajiMinkin
Hacker Ringleader

Personally, I can see Shiori as a secretary. Not as her ideal career, but as something she could settle into naturally if all else failed. She's got the sweet appearance for it and seems to do well dedicating herself to the success or ruin of a single person (i.e. Ruka, Juri, her new employer). Movie!Shiori would definitely have flings with her boss, though, and maybe try to murder his wife or something.

She'd have grown out her hair, I think, and probably wears it up a lot. Cute button down shirts with ruffles that mirror vaguely her Ohtori Uniform matched with colorful pencil skirts would probably be her attire as a secretary. Nothing too expensive, though.

Juri is going to be high up, wherever she is. A model, a fencing professional, a politician... She will fight tooth and nail all the way to top, but gracefully and passively. I guess really, she wouldn't have to fight. She's just got that natural edge and talent!

Appearance wise, all I know is that she'll wear pants. Except for her nightgown, of course.

Last edited by NajiMinkin (05-04-2008 01:44:19 PM)

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f64/_u_t_e_n_a_/100x100/starryklimtsig.png

#12 | Back to Top05-04-2008 02:39:45 PM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

I see Shiori as a pastry chef. I was just having a similar conversation with Maarika on dA-- I've always imagined Shiori to be a rather talented cook, but she seems the type to enjoy sweets more than elegant dishes. I don't want to imagine her as anything else! emot-gonk

But I do agree with Naji, I've always been able to picture her as a secretary of some sort. Mostly because I can see her wearing a little dark-burgandy business affair.

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

Board footer