This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#126 | Back to Top11-28-2008 09:52:20 AM

hollow_rose
Egghead

Re: Fans of Le Television

SexingTouga24/7/365 wrote:

hollow_rose wrote:

I am overdosing on British Comedies to my delight. Black Adder, Absolutely Fabulous, and Chef (who insults people so damn brilliantly it hurts. etc-love school-chef )

*Cheers* Isn't Black Adder the best?! I can't decide which season I like the most. Although any of the ones with Hugh Laurie are big contenders. I think the Elizabethian one takes the cake though, the cast is so perfect. *nods*

While that season rocks hard. I think that the Christmas carol is very funny due to it's imagining of him as a nice man.... who got screwed over for it.

Okay that one is pretty awesome, I'd say its one of my favorite episodes. But overall season-quality wise the cast is just so talented in the Elizabethian set its hard not to vote for it.

20 threads dead so far.

#127 | Back to Top12-05-2008 02:28:19 PM

SexingTouga24/7/365
is on a BOAT!

^ emot-smile

I have seen the hilarity that is the A Colbert Christmas and say to all go watch now.  inspired joke http://blossomslut.livejournal.com/492230.html#cutid2

"If all the world is a stage and all the people players"...then I demand a less shitty part or the ability to get off of the stage. Slowly my sanity slides, slipping, swirling, spiraling...Save Me I need Sleep...Shattering Soon. school-devil "RukaxTouga equals the Fourth of July" MY patriotic celebration...FUCK ME TOUGA AND RUKA NOW!! etc-wankgirl etc-wankdude

#128 | Back to Top12-08-2008 07:43:43 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

Excuse me while I flail like a muppet over the last episode of Boston Legal.

How the hell are we 30 minutes in and Alan hasn't hit on anyone?! Sad thing is, there's no one for him to shamelessly flirt with anymore.

On top of that, the firm has been sold to Chinese investors, Denny officially has Alzheimers, Denny has also proposed to Alan, and Shirley's getting married to John Larroquette's character who doesn't even deserve to be called by his name because he only showed up in season 3! I mean, MY GOD, couldn't they at least attempt to satisfy the fanbase by letting Alan have some hot sweaty circus sex with Shirley ONCE!

*headdesk*

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#129 | Back to Top12-08-2008 10:40:25 PM

Kaelyndra
Pained Growlithe

I still have 20 minutes to go until I can see that here on the west coast. emot-gonk The spoilers are SO damn tempting to highlight, but I will NOT. Afterwords, I'm forseeing I will need many flail-worthy bodies to help me cope through incessant typing and fangirling.

#130 | Back to Top12-10-2008 03:45:10 PM

Pallas Athena
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)
Website

I'm starting to fall into the HBO watching, especially after I saw Rome. Now I'm hooked onto True Blood, and I can't wait for Jill Scott's No.1 Ladies Dectective Agency. Oh and I still watch The L Word, so I can watch Flashdance, Jenny, Alice, and the usual suspects spin drama in West Hollywood.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f247/logophony/dollshouse.jpg

#131 | Back to Top01-02-2009 02:31:15 AM

OnionPrince
Covert Diarist

Did anyone else watch the Kouhaku this year? I had to sit through it because of my job, but I find it a rather fascinating cultural spectacle in any case.

(For those of you unfamiliar with the Kouhaku, or "Red and White Song Contest," it's a long running New Years tradition, averaging 50 to 70 million viewers in Japan. It was brilliantly parodied in an episode of Excel Saga, so I'd suggest watching that instead.)

Now, beyond a tiny handful of artists, I really have little interest in Japan's popular music scene. But I was very pleased to see Angela Aki perform again this year-- in clothes she probably bought at the Gap, no less.* I'm starting to think that songwriting ability is inversely proportional to the amount of money one spends on wardrobe.

(*Her outfit would look even better scattered on my bedroom floor, but I digress. school-devil)

#132 | Back to Top01-05-2009 01:38:57 PM

lex
Master Dominus of SRS BZN

I did watch Kouhaku, and I sat through the whole thing. I enjoyed it, even though a good deal of it is Enka music, I like it anyway. I think my favorite performances were Ayaka Hirahara, Mika Nakashima and Ayumi Hamasaki. Plus, I finally got to hear and see Angela Aki which was pretty cool.

http://i47.tinypic.com/x6cz5y.jpg

#133 | Back to Top01-07-2009 04:27:42 PM

hollow_rose
Egghead

I'm watching BBC's Primeval on DVD, season 1. Anyone else a fan?

20 threads dead so far.

#134 | Back to Top01-12-2009 03:09:00 PM

lex

Did anyone catch Toni Collette in United States of Tara? I thought it was pretty good.

#135 | Back to Top01-12-2009 06:49:16 PM

Baka Kakumei Reanna
Atlantean Singer
Website

^ emot-smile

I have seen the hilarity that is the A Colbert Christmas and say to all go watch now.  inspired joke http://blossomslut.livejournal.com/492230.html#cutid2

I'm sad that I missed it. I'll have to get the DVD or something. >.>

We see things not as they are, we see things as we are.

#136 | Back to Top01-30-2009 09:58:45 AM

NajiMinkin
Hacker Ringleader

Garth Marenghi's Darkplace is the best piece of satire I've seen in years. For anyone who's seen 80s horror, this series takes the genre to a whole new level of camp. I highly recommend it.

Last edited by NajiMinkin (01-30-2009 10:03:26 AM)

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f64/_u_t_e_n_a_/100x100/starryklimtsig.png

#137 | Back to Top02-01-2009 02:49:35 PM

hollow_rose
Egghead

...Do we have and Bones or House fans? If so what do we think about last year's season closers for both?

20 threads dead so far.

#138 | Back to Top02-01-2009 06:08:51 PM

Iris
Queen of the Video Box

I finally saw the new Doctor Who episodes, that contain Rose Tyler.  I'm so giddy and overly happy from seeing her, she's my favorite ever.  *Bounces about wildly* 

Any other avid Rose Tyler fans?

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/IrisBeloved/piano.png

#139 | Back to Top02-02-2009 06:04:14 PM

oscarthewild
Rose Bride
Website

I'm starting to like Doctor Who a little.
Maybe Heroes? I've only seen a few episodes.
Ah, Comedy Central. Definitely love The Daily Show and The Colbert Report.

Mad, bad, and dangerous to know.

#140 | Back to Top02-02-2009 07:39:07 PM

Iris
Queen of the Video Box

From what I've seen of Heroes, I really like the script and the storyline.  But, not the acting.  The acting makes me cry inside.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f29/IrisBeloved/piano.png

#141 | Back to Top02-03-2009 01:02:03 PM

oscarthewild
Rose Bride
Website

hollow_rose wrote:

hollow_rose wrote:

*Cheers* Isn't Black Adder the best?! I can't decide which season I like the most. Although any of the ones with Hugh Laurie are big contenders. I think the Elizabethian one takes the cake though, the cast is so perfect. *nods*

While that season rocks hard. I think that the Christmas carol is very funny due to it's imagining of him as a nice man.... who got screwed over for it.

Okay that one is pretty awesome, I'd say its one of my favorite episodes. But overall season-quality wise the cast is just so talented in the Elizabethian set its hard not to vote for it.

Blackadder! emot-dance
Second and third seasons, definitely. They were just too funny.

Iris: I don't mind the acting, but then I can't tell if someone's acting is bad or good, unless it's obvious.
It does get confusing if you haven't watched a few episodes, though.

Mad, bad, and dangerous to know.

#142 | Back to Top02-13-2009 09:02:40 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

So who caught the premiere of Dollhouse tonight? (West Coast: this is your 60 minute warning.)

#143 | Back to Top02-13-2009 10:28:22 PM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

Iris wrote:

I finally saw the new Doctor Who episodes, that contain Rose Tyler.  I'm so giddy and overly happy from seeing her, she's my favorite ever.  *Bounces about wildly* 

Any other avid Rose Tyler fans?

I liked her fine in the first series -- once she started googly-eyeing the Tenth Doctor every twenty seconds, though, I switched right off. I much preferred her relationship with Nine. And I'm still bitter we didn't get more episodes with Nine/Rose/Jack because they were PERFECT together. Dammit!

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#144 | Back to Top02-13-2009 11:53:46 PM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

Raven Nightshade wrote:

So who caught the premiere of Dollhouse tonight? (West Coast: this is your 60 minute warning.)

shitmonkies! I forgot it was on tonight and napped instead. emot-frown How was it, what's your opinion?

The first time you looked at her curves you were hooked
And the glances you took, took hold of you and demanded that you stay
And sunk in their teeth, bit your heart and released
Such a charge that you need another touch, another taste, another fix

#145 | Back to Top02-14-2009 06:27:09 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

MissMocha wrote:

Raven Nightshade wrote:

shitmonkies! I forgot it was on tonight and napped instead. emot-frown How was it, what's your opinion?

It was alright. The concept is very good, and I love Eliza Dushku. I think the whole thing falls apart at certain points because it wasn't holding my full attention. I'd give it a chance, though.

However, since this is Fox...we might get 4 episodes before they cancel it.

#146 | Back to Top02-15-2009 06:32:25 PM

hollow_rose
Egghead

Raven Nightshade wrote:

MissMocha wrote:

Raven Nightshade wrote:

It was alright. The concept is very good, and I love Eliza Dushku. I think the whole thing falls apart at certain points because it wasn't holding my full attention. I'd give it a chance, though.

However, since this is Fox...we might get 4 episodes before they cancel it.

.....I am insanely excited about this. I loved her role as Faith and always thought she was such a good actress. But I read an article in Rolling Stone Magazine about how upset and fed up Joss Whedon is with the TV industry, so I'm not sure how much of this we're going to see.

20 threads dead so far.

#147 | Back to Top02-20-2009 08:13:40 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

hollow_rose wrote:

.....I am insanely excited about this. I loved her role as Faith and always thought she was such a good actress. But I read an article in Rolling Stone Magazine about how upset and fed up Joss Whedon is with the TV industry, so I'm not sure how much of this we're going to see.

Well, according to Television Without Pity, there's at least 4 episodes ready to air (because Amy Acker, aka Fred from Angel is in the next three).

For all of my complaining last week, this week's episode was soooo much better. I think a lot of my disappointment (as well as the other Whedonites) lies in the fact that the writing style is nothing like any of his other series. Now that I understand that the shift in style is completely intentional, I have a better handle on the show. That and the plot/current assignment is much less boring than last week. (Although, Eliza in conservative business attire is HOT.)

#148 | Back to Top02-28-2009 12:50:41 AM

Ashnod
La poétesse revolutionnaire
Website

OMG.

Has anyone else been watching the final episodes of Battlestar Galactica?

emot-gonkemot-gonkemot-gonkemot-gonkemot-gonkemot-gonkemot-gonkemot-gonkemot-gonkemot-gonk

Flowers without names blooming in the field can only sway in the wind. But I was born with a destiny of roses, born to live in passion and glory.

http://www.dark-kingdom.org/Gallery/osrgbanner.PNG
Hat Mafia Member: Little Dark Poet

#149 | Back to Top03-04-2009 06:10:14 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

Ok, who's watching America's Next Top "Model" right now?

#150 | Back to Top03-05-2009 10:31:13 AM

lex

^ did it already start?

Board footer