This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top09-12-2013 06:02:25 PM

cscratch
Anthy Assailer
Website

Utena Fan Translation Subtitle Files

Just curious to see if anyone out there has in their possession or knows where to locate the fan translation subtitle files in either .srt or some other text based format? 

I know the timings might be off, but just wanted to check here before I started to go down the road of trying to rip them off the Japanese DVD re-release with the fan subs that I downloaded prior to the Rightstuff/Nozomi release.  Even though it looks do-able, it will take a little more research that I have not yet done.

I'm trying to decide which translation I like better; I have the both Nozomi & CPM release subtitle files & wanted to try to find these as well.

Thanks heaps!  emot-keke

Last edited by cscratch (09-12-2013 06:02:48 PM)

#2 | Back to Top09-12-2013 09:21:59 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Re: Utena Fan Translation Subtitle Files

The scripts might be the closest thing we have to something like that... I believe when the first fansubs came out, they were hardsubbed onto the .avi's...? I think...? It sucks, when I started watching in 2000 or so, I was watching a mix of totally legally purchased CPM subs and fansubs, and the only name I remember from the fansubs was Live-Evil. They only did the later episodes, but you could try emailing them to get the .srt files.

Edit for link because I forgot to add it due to Post-Ikuhara Stress Disorder

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#3 | Back to Top09-13-2013 07:53:44 AM

cscratch
Anthy Assailer
Website

Re: Utena Fan Translation Subtitle Files

Okay cool - thanks for the info!  I'll try messaging the Live Evil team & see how we go.

Completely understandable about the Ikahura craziness.  Seriously, wth??  Ahhh!

Board footer