This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top03-10-2016 10:30:57 AM

Anthyz
Wakaba Wrangler
Registered: 02-19-2014
Posts: 11

J.A. Caesar new Utena albums!

I don't know japanese but it seems that yesterday J.A Caesar has released two new albums simultaneously with songs from the anime series. I don't know if the songs has been recorded again or what are the changes he made. Anyway, here you have a link to the japanese site natalie.mu and links to Amazon Japan Store. I wish we could listen some samples... etc-jurishlick

Article in japanese from natalie.mu:
http://natalie.mu/music/news/179089

You can buy them from amazon.co.jp:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B01ANHORM6
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B01ANHOQ2C

Some tweets with real pictures of the items:
https://twitter.com/IrisAmaryllis/statu … 1963682816
https://twitter.com/ssatossato2/status/ … 4966644736
https://twitter.com/chopira/status/707888431867645952

Covers:
http://cdn2.natalie.mu/media/1603/0309/extra/news_xlarge_jacaesarFJ121.jpg
http://cdn2.natalie.mu/media/1603/0309/extra/news_xlarge_jacaesarFJ122.jpg

Last edited by Anthyz (03-10-2016 10:37:12 AM)

Offline

 

#2 | Back to Top03-10-2016 08:49:17 PM

Dallbun
Tour Guide to Crawling Chaos
Registered: 10-19-2006
Posts: 719

Re: J.A. Caesar new Utena albums!

What a nice surprise!

The two Utena Cds appear to be high-quality remasters of every J.A. Seazer song from the original soundtracks. Not re-recordings, but still cool. The Japanese article lists tracks from another (new?) Seazer album as well, but it appears to be unrelated to Utena.

I notice there's some kind of Seazer concert in Tokyo on May 3rd and 4th. Anyone in Japan right now?

Looking on Amazon, I also notice a CD recording of another Seazer concert, which DOES include Utena tracks...in fact, that concert's subtitle appears to be THE END OF THE WORLD.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/J・A} … A9NWJXPXZY

Last edited by Dallbun (03-11-2016 05:57:48 AM)

Offline

 

#3 | Back to Top03-10-2016 10:59:47 PM

KissFromARose
Thorn of Death
From: Austin, Tx
Registered: 09-29-2008
Posts: 507

Re: J.A. Caesar new Utena albums!

oh wow thats amazing -- i'll be in Japan for May 3rd i'm pretty sure. I'd love to go! Whereabouts in Tokyo is it? Have a place i can look at general info?

Offline

 

#4 | Back to Top03-11-2016 12:28:04 AM

Dallbun
Tour Guide to Crawling Chaos
Registered: 10-19-2006
Posts: 719

Re: J.A. Caesar new Utena albums!

KissFromARose wrote:

oh wow thats amazing -- i'll be in Japan for May 3rd i'm pretty sure. I'd love to go! Whereabouts in Tokyo is it? Have a place i can look at general info?

Here's a site with more info, links to places you can buy tickets, etc. The first one is the 3rd, the second link is the 4th. Can you navigate the Japanese and stuff?

http://anime.eiga.com/event/107009/
http://anime.eiga.com/event/107010/

Offline

 

#5 | Back to Top03-11-2016 03:40:13 AM

Salem Saberhagen
Wakaba Wrangler
Registered: 08-22-2014
Posts: 16

Re: J.A. Caesar new Utena albums!

Will there be samples? Trying not to desperately get my hopes up for a new symphonic version of Tainai Tokei Toshi Orrery.

Well, I've already failed at not getting my hopes up.

Offline

 

#6 | Back to Top03-11-2016 05:56:34 AM

Dallbun
Tour Guide to Crawling Chaos
Registered: 10-19-2006
Posts: 719

Re: J.A. Caesar new Utena albums!

Salem Saberhagen wrote:

Will there be samples? Trying not to desperately get my hopes up for a new symphonic version of Tainai Tokei Toshi Orrery.

Well, I've already failed at not getting my hopes up.

Sorry, the new Utena CDs are remastered versions of already-released tracks. And Orrery isn't one of the songs that they did on the recorded concert, either. (Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku and Angelic Creation, Namely, Light are the only two I recognize on that track list off the top of my head.)

Last edited by Dallbun (03-11-2016 05:57:22 AM)

Offline

 

#7 | Back to Top03-11-2016 07:03:58 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
From: Edmonton, AB
Registered: 10-12-2006
Posts: 8797
Website

Re: J.A. Caesar new Utena albums!

hrmm...

On one hand I'm a completist. On the other...I'm poor.

Are there any animu websites likely to carry this for shipping out here? I'd buy the albums on their own but the shipping and third party purchasing is what's killer.


Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

Offline

 

#8 | Back to Top03-11-2016 04:08:51 PM

Dallbun
Tour Guide to Crawling Chaos
Registered: 10-19-2006
Posts: 719

Re: J.A. Caesar new Utena albums!

Giovanna wrote:

hrmm...

On one hand I'm a completist. On the other...I'm poor.

Are there any animu websites likely to carry this for shipping out here? I'd buy the albums on their own but the shipping and third party purchasing is what's killer.

Maybe KissFromARose can pick them up for you? emot-smile Or I plan on visiting Japan in December if you're in no hurry.

Offline

 

#9 | Back to Top03-11-2016 05:49:47 PM

Salem Saberhagen
Wakaba Wrangler
Registered: 08-22-2014
Posts: 16

Re: J.A. Caesar new Utena albums!

Curses! So they're not even new recordings? Then I might give it a pass, unless there are songs on there that aren't on the 10-disc Utena soundtrack.

Offline

 

#10 | Back to Top03-11-2016 06:19:32 PM

KissFromARose
Thorn of Death
From: Austin, Tx
Registered: 09-29-2008
Posts: 507

Re: J.A. Caesar new Utena albums!

Dallbun wrote:

Giovanna wrote:

hrmm...

On one hand I'm a completist. On the other...I'm poor.

Are there any animu websites likely to carry this for shipping out here? I'd buy the albums on their own but the shipping and third party purchasing is what's killer.

Maybe KissFromARose can pick them up for you? emot-smile Or I plan on visiting Japan in December if you're in no hurry.

I would definitely be willing to do this for whomever emot-biggrin

...excuse me ma'am why are you buying all of the Utena things? DONT JUDGE ME.

at any rate, thakns for the info -- i think i can manage -- if i have questions on booking i'll poke you dalbun! Thanks for the heads up emot-biggrin emot-biggrin im super stoked!!

Offline

 

#11 | Back to Top03-12-2016 09:40:12 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
From: Edmonton, AB
Registered: 10-12-2006
Posts: 8797
Website

Re: J.A. Caesar new Utena albums!

Ohh ohh, if you do I'll totally repay you! emot-smile It'll be way cheaper to send them even from Texas than by proxy. emot-gonk


Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

Offline

 

#12 | Back to Top03-12-2016 04:04:35 PM

BunB
Ohtori Paramouri
Registered: 11-03-2015
Posts: 91

Re: J.A. Caesar new Utena albums!

What's J.A Seazer known for outside of Utena?


Must the sign of the negative proposition be constructed by means of the sign of the positive? Why should one not be able to express the negative proposition by means of a negative fact?

Offline

 

#13 | Back to Top03-12-2016 04:14:25 PM

zeedikay
Sunlit Gardener (Prelude)
Registered: 02-22-2014
Posts: 172

Re: J.A. Caesar new Utena albums!

BunB wrote:

What's J.A Seazer known for outside of Utena?

I think before SKU, he was mostly known for scoring films and composing rock operas. He also was a member of Ban'yū Inryoku, which was a theatrical company.

Offline

 

#14 | Back to Top05-17-2016 03:18:06 AM

KissFromARose
Thorn of Death
From: Austin, Tx
Registered: 09-29-2008
Posts: 507

Re: J.A. Caesar new Utena albums!

Gio,

Which of the 3 CDs did you want?

Greenish colored? http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B01ANHORM6
Pinkished Colored? http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B01ANHOQ2C
JA Caesar album end of the world? amazon link that looks really ugly

If you want all three (or others not listed) just let me know. Its also fastest to get a hold of me by sending me a ping on twitter. (i'll send you a PM with that info as well!)

My last day in japan is the 26th, so you have some time!

Offline

 

#15 | Back to Top05-17-2016 06:07:02 AM

Ashnod
La potesse revolutionnaire
From: Missouri, United States
Registered: 03-01-2007
Posts: 1243
Website

Re: J.A. Caesar new Utena albums!

KissFromARose wrote:

Gio,

Which of the 3 CDs did you want?

Greenish colored? http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B01ANHORM6
Pinkished Colored? http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B01ANHOQ2C
JA Caesar album end of the world? amazon link that looks really ugly

If you want all three (or others not listed) just let me know. Its also fastest to get a hold of me by sending me a ping on twitter. (i'll send you a PM with that info as well!)

My last day in japan is the 26th, so you have some time!

Let me know if you happen upon any of the newer signet rings while you are there!!!


Flowers without names blooming in the field can only sway in the wind. But I was born with a destiny of roses, born to live in passion and glory.

http://www.dark-kingdom.org/Gallery/osrgbanner.PNG
Hat Mafia Member: Little Dark Poet

Offline

 

Board footer

Powered by PunBB 1.2.23
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB
Forum styled and maintained by Giovanna and Yasha
Return to Empty Movement