This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top05-26-2010 06:39:46 PM

poetoffire
Mikage Mistruster

I made a Sword of Dios cursor!

Hey guys.  I'm not sure this is the right place for this topic, or if it goes in the "multimedia" download section at Empty Movement or what.

But I took a prop guide outline, a couple Rose Bride dress screencaps, and a good hard look at the sword-pulling sequences, and came up with this:

http://skins12.wincustomize.com/41/4/4104012/25/2652/preview-25-2652.jpg

It's a custom cursor (portrayed at exact size on the little scarlet bar) that looks like the Sword of Dios, glows like the special ability Touga used when hovering over links, and turns into a red spinning rose instead of an hourglass when loading.

The special ability and roses are animated.

You can download it here: http://www.wincustomize.com/explore/cursorfx/2652/

But there's a catch.  To be able to run it, you have to download Stardock's CursorFX program, right here: http://www.stardock.com/products/cursorfx/

The program's safe, free (although there's a Plus version available, you don't need it for most tasks, including installing the cursor), works for most operating systems, and doesn't take up much space.

But if you aren't comfortable with putting CursorFX on your computer, there's an alternative: a zip folder with some animated icons you can apply to your mouse using customization settings.  But they can't be anything but square, which means the text view (you know, the I, although it's a pretty rose stem design on the cursor) isn't that easy to work with.  Also, it means the icons look like this:

http://i49.tinypic.com/k4y2yc.jpg

It's still pretty, but the CursorFX version is quite a bit more pleasing to the eye.

Still, you can download a zip with all the icons in it here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QSZIUZC7

They're labeled clearly, so just extract the files, go to your cursor settings, and upload them.

#2 | Back to Top05-26-2010 07:03:48 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Re: I made a Sword of Dios cursor!

emot-aaa

That's pretty friggin sweet! I can't try it right now, but I'll give a trip report when I do.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#3 | Back to Top05-26-2010 07:31:54 PM

winksniper
Qualified Duellist

Fuck yeah!  I'm gonna download this right now.

Edit:  I EFFIN LOVE THIS

Last edited by winksniper (05-26-2010 07:37:54 PM)

#4 | Back to Top05-26-2010 07:34:47 PM

Malacoda
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)

I'm using the ones from the zip file right now. emot-keke And except for the text cursor one (that one bugged me so I switched it out), I really like them.

#5 | Back to Top05-26-2010 07:37:35 PM

starstruck355
Wakaba Wrangler

This is so neat!!! I downloaded it through Cursor FX and it works perfectly fine on my computer. I like the spinning rose the best emot-biggrin

#6 | Back to Top05-27-2010 09:35:27 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Why don't we have a spinning rose smiley on IRG?

#7 | Back to Top05-27-2010 09:49:56 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

We never put one in? :shrugs: We'll see.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#8 | Back to Top05-28-2010 12:11:59 AM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

emot-aaa That was really simple -- AHH THIS IS AWESOME. THANK YOU. etc-love etc-love etc-love etc-love etc-love

*squee* *waiting for waiting spinny rose*..

#9 | Back to Top05-28-2010 12:53:16 AM

Saionji Slapper

the spinning rose would be  lot cooler than the pinwheel on mac..

don't think twice

#10 | Back to Top05-28-2010 11:50:34 AM

Alithea
Dark Whisperer
Website

This is awesomely cool. cool Thank you for making this.

"The only reason to write is to write for love. Write for passion. If you have the privilege of being able to write, then don't do it for any other reason." - Stephen Sondheim

#11 | Back to Top05-28-2010 09:37:25 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

I downloaded it, and I love the spinning rose during loading. Thank you! etc-loveetc-loveetc-love

I'm certain that I'll never get tired of the spinning rose, and if possible, I'd like that to be the only cursor effect active. Is it possible to apply just the spinning rose with CursorFX, or some other way?

#12 | Back to Top05-29-2010 09:29:31 AM

poetoffire
Mikage Mistruster

Razara wrote:

I downloaded it, and I love the spinning rose during loading. Thank you! etc-loveetc-loveetc-love

I'm certain that I'll never get tired of the spinning rose, and if possible, I'd like that to be the only cursor effect active. Is it possible to apply just the spinning rose with CursorFX, or some other way?

The easiest way to do that would be to download the zip and then use the spinning rose only, but that wouldn't get you a "loading in background" rose, just a big one.

#13 | Back to Top07-15-2010 08:09:29 PM

AnimentalCosplayer
Mikage Mistruster
Website

So overall, figuring out how to download the zip was easy..applying it, not so much. I'm not so good at changing options on the computer so it took awhile ((at first the rose was the icon....so spinny OAO;; )) but after I figured it out, I love it!

Thanks for making these, I love my cursor a whole lot more now ;D

<3AnimentalCosplayer<3

~*~ Youtube: youtube.com/animentalcosplayer ~*~
~*~ dA: animentalcosplayer.deviantart.com ~*~

Board footer