This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#101 | Back to Top04-09-2007 07:27:26 AM

Yams
Nest Boxer

Re: Favorite Couple

Lady Nilamarthiel wrote:

Did I seriously not post here yet?

Straight couple: Juri/Miki
Gay couple: Touga/Miki
Lesbian couple: Juri/Kozue
Incest couple: Miki/Kozue

...I love the twins. Totally not my fault. emot-tongue

I watched the series because of the twins. They is best.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

#102 | Back to Top04-09-2007 08:29:38 AM

Himemiya's Coffin
Miki Molester
Website

Straight couple: Utena/Mikage
Ever since I first heard about this pairing it's been stuck in head. If only they'd met somehow in another place or time, in some normal setting. I can see it happening, maybe. You just have to take out Tokiko, Mamiya, and Anthy...
I also like Nanami/Saionji. So cute! etc-love

Gay couple: Not so much into this one. I prefer Saionji and Touga as friends (if that's even possible in the context of the series emot-confused), and Akio/Touga... I dunno.

Lesbian couple: Anthy/ Utena.
'nuf said.

Incest couple: Anthy/ Akio
Oh, the twisted, complicated, hotness that is these two!
Wait, did that even make sense?

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i60/shuttergirl88/Utena/signature4.jpg

Don't be afraid of this world where we can meet.

#103 | Back to Top04-09-2007 08:48:41 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Rebel Prince wrote:

Oh, Akio and young girls.

YAY! Just wanted to make sure you hadn't forgotten or given up or something. etc-wankgirl

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#104 | Back to Top04-09-2007 09:15:19 AM

Pandora
Pathtracer

Leshee, I like-

Straight- Nanami x Tsuwabuki- if he grows up a few years, he's going to be a very handsome young man and I'm sure she'd fall for him.
Gay- Saionji x Touga- They're just cute together and I can't resist it.
Les- Anthy x Utena- it's just cute

#105 | Back to Top05-02-2007 06:42:01 AM

jmie5
Precious One

Straight couple: Miki and Juri - They're just so... sweet.  I really can't exmplain how I think Juri's assertiveness compliments Miki's quietness.  All right, so words fail me; I quit.
Gay couple:  Touga and Saionji etc-love etc-wankgirl
Lesbian couple: Utena and Anthy (After all those years of forgotten memories, the duels, the living together, and "Himmemiya!"s, Utena should at least get in on what Akio's been doing.
Incest couple:  Touga and Nanami (I'm not sure why.  I don't believe in a sexual love for them but "Last Evolution" keeps playing in my head; that girl is committed.)

Number one/favorite:  Touga and Saionji (again.)  They looked adorable together all those years ago, and they look great together, now.  I don't know, there's just something there for me, some understanding or broken... thing between friends.  Little Saionji seemed to have some common sense, wanting to get out of that chapel (and I say that with love,) and now look at him.  Bottom line, they're interesting.  I don't even have the words to adequately explain.  I know the Rose Bride thing's already been mentioned, but again, that was damn hot.  I love the flashback episode to the girl in the coffin where that synthesizer version, "Nova," of the Student Council music plays for Touga and Saionji.  (Even more of a tangent:  I remember this one fanfiction about them that was just hilarious, although I don't think it was meant to be, going through Saionji cleaning his kendo floor to Akio's convertible parked right in the middle, Touga telling his friend to tag along, and Saionji having a royal fit that there was actually a car there.  It only got better when Akio started his car acrobatics, leaving the steering wheel unattended.  Yeah, yeah, nothing new, I know, but it was still humorous.)

Swear I'm done, sorry. -_-;

#106 | Back to Top05-02-2007 07:51:11 AM

beautifulpanther
Qualified Duellist
Website

Straight: Well... for some Reasons I like ruka x Juri or maybe Juri x Miki...
Gay: do I have one? *scratches head* Ruka x Miki is always a nice pick. Guess it's the only gay coupling i like o.o;
Lesbian: Juri x Chigusa etc-loveetc-loveetc-love etc-wankgirletc-wankgirletc-wankgirl but... that's so mean, there are soooo many possibilities emot-gonk
Incest: Miki x Kozue.. nuff said xD

Favourite of all...

... did I mention that my heart runs for Juri x Chigusa? emot-keke; oh well xD

Last edited by beautifulpanther (05-02-2007 07:53:18 AM)

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/NicoRobin1985/wheebanner2.jpg
Bianca   *1989 - +14.09.2007

"A duel against a feather has nothing to do with provocation or letting you look like a fool. Duelling the feather, the essence of all art and truth written down on paper, is a duel against your inner self to find security and cognition" (İOctavian)

#107 | Back to Top05-02-2007 08:00:46 AM

allegoriest
Delicious Duellist
Website

Straight couple I wanna say Saionji/Anthy...
Gay couple MIKAGE/MITSURU. No, I really have no idea. I don't have a favourite really.
Lesbian couple Probably Utena/Anthy. Though Wakaba/Kozue might be cute. If it existed. Maybe Aiko and Yuuko should make up for screentime lost.
incest couple Dios/Anthy
Number one couple Chuchu/Keropon etc-love Actually, probably the shadow girls. Keropon scares the crap out of me with that umbilical cord thing.

#108 | Back to Top05-02-2007 08:14:07 AM

beautifulpanther
Qualified Duellist
Website

allegoriest wrote:

Number one couple Chuchu/Keropon etc-love Actually, probably the shadow girls. Keropon scares the crap out of me with that umbilical cord thing.

sorry I may sound stupid. But who is Keropon? o.o that strange red thingie from the movie?

"A duel against a feather has nothing to do with provocation or letting you look like a fool. Duelling the feather, the essence of all art and truth written down on paper, is a duel against your inner self to find security and cognition" (İOctavian)

#109 | Back to Top05-02-2007 08:30:28 AM

allegoriest
Delicious Duellist
Website

beautifulpanther wrote:

allegoriest wrote:

sorry I may sound stupid. But who is Keropon? o.o that strange red thingie from the movie?

yes. *keropon induced shivers*

#110 | Back to Top05-02-2007 11:07:16 AM

Etrangere
Rose Smilee
Website

I added a couple of categories...

Straight couple (boy/girl)
wazzat? oh, okay Nanami/Tsuwabuki because yay, creepy!stalker!cute

Gay couple (boy/boy)
Touga/Saionji, love the mindfuck

Lesbian couple (girl/girl)
Kozue/Anthy, Kozue makes everything better, and there's nothing better than Anthy.

incest couple (brother/sister)
Akio/Anthy, did I mention how I loved the mindfuck? But Kozue/Miki a close contender.

threesome couple (one/two/three, many combinasons)
Ruka/Juri/Shiori, it's fun in all the directions!

genderfucked couple (?/?)
Mikage/"Mamiya"

Number one couple (your favorite!)
back to Touga/Saionji

Yes. You shouldn't be suspicious of Anthy. Her big brother is your watching. There is no war in Ba Sing Se. ~ Dalbun

#111 | Back to Top05-02-2007 05:03:28 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Who's my favourite couple for today? I would have to say that Touga is trying not to stare right at them.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o50/spatulasama/juritougastare.jpg

#112 | Back to Top05-02-2007 05:09:12 PM

beautifulpanther
Qualified Duellist
Website

Tamago wrote:

Who's my favourite couple for today? I would have to say that Touga is trying not to stare right at them.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o50/ … astare.jpg

*stares* The LEZ-effect.. *dies on dramatical nosebleed*

*kicks Touga away* >___<

#113 | Back to Top06-01-2007 09:20:11 AM

dlaire
A Whole Orange

Juri/Ruka- they're in the same level of irony and temperament
Tokiko/Mikage
Nanami/Miki
Sajionji/Touga
Utena/Anthy
Shiori/Kozue

Scortia: I saw this song "you makes me tralala" and it's very nice one
really nice one

Last edited by dlaire (06-01-2007 09:40:05 AM)

#114 | Back to Top06-05-2007 01:46:33 PM

Coco Melancholy
Framed Landscaper

I'd have to come back on this one.

The relationships in Utena didn't seem to have the same coupling or pairing fan service dynamics of other shojo's. For the first time I was actually completely fulfilled and satisfied with the relationships as they were in the series. I mean, normally I'd be spending my spare time pairing them, and usually with no respect to canon whatsoever O.o.....what canon...pah... far too restrictive for my expieremental mind!

But yeah, I was fairly saited with Utena's canon, afterall, for me, the relationships in that program were deep and mind boggling enough at best without any form of deviation. And their all pretty honest and epic by themselves.

Juri and Miki and Utena and Anthy just make nice friends to me, Saionji and Touga too, (well not the awful moments though conflict is all good right?), and so on.

That's not to say I don't speculate and I've had tons of fun reading other peoples couples and thoughts and thinking about them, but it's all just random wondering thoughts with no real emotion backing them. Saying that, I do like the thought of Tsuwabuki seperating from Nanami, and returning older only to have Nanami gain a crush on him, he strikes me as just as awful as she is, (though a lot sweeter) being as obsessive with Nanami as Nanami is with Touga, and neither seeming to care that the object of their affection isn't particuarly the nicest of people in the world, even towards them. Though Tsuwabuki might be worse, whereas Nanami will externalise her feelings towards any threat, Tsuwabuki will internalise them and he doesn't seem adverse to putting Nanami's life in danger herself to get what he wants either. Cute and Scary.

I liked Mikage and Mamiya, I'm seeming soooo pedo right now. I think someone mentioned Mikage and Utena......awww wouldn't that look kinda pretty I thought.

I dunno, maybe Anyth, Kozue and Nanami should get together have a threesome to work off some of that steam they have being twistedly possessive of their brothers.

Emotion or need backing my pairings or not give me some time and I'll probably return with an "inventive" list, or maybe not.

On the note of Kozue and Akio which almost blew my brains out when considering, I also have to say thats a big compliment on Kozue's part as well, to match Akio with centuries of manupilative and sexual expierence behind him with a 13 year old girl.....is just....I mean if Kozue can meet him on that level so soon, dare we think about her abilities in a year, two years time. Three?? Four?? Will she have bested him by then, I mean, I'm guessing Akio's at he's peek, but Kozue's still got a long way too go.

#115 | Back to Top06-06-2007 02:08:03 AM

Epi_lepsia
Tragedian
Website

dlaire wrote:

Juri/Ruka- they're in the same level of irony and temperament
Tokiko/Mikage
Nanami/Miki
Sajionji/Touga
Utena/Anthy
Shiori/Kozue

Scortia: I saw this song "you makes me tralala" and it's very nice one
really nice one

Oh god you are so straight

beautifulpanther wrote:

Gay: do I have one? *scratches head* Ruka x Miki is always a nice pick. Guess it's the only gay coupling i like o.o;

YEEEY for the blues!! I love this couple,. but it's sooo hard to find something of this pairing....

#116 | Back to Top06-06-2007 06:52:49 AM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

Coco Melancholy wrote:

I dunno, maybe Anyth, Kozue and Nanami should get together have a threesome to work off some of that steam they have being twistedly possessive of their brothers.

A doujin of that would sooo rule! emot-keke etc-love

#117 | Back to Top06-06-2007 07:36:11 AM

Coco Melancholy
Framed Landscaper

Tamago wrote:

Coco Melancholy wrote:

A doujin of that would sooo rule! emot-keke etc-love

emot-aaa You mean one doesn't already exsist. Thats blasphemy!

Heres a few more I like, though none really challenging canon, I'm really just enjoying sponging off of others since I like considering the ones others have come up with. Their pretty cool, I have to say, anyway some more of mine would be:

Straight couple (boy/girl)
Saionji/Wakaba

Gay couple (boy/boy)
Touga/Saionji [just for these few minutes since I had a pretty neat daydream just now]

Lesbian couple (girl/girl)
Juri/Shiori???

incest couple (brother/sister)
Touga/Nanami??? Though it seems more romanticized than sexualized despite the incest vibes, but sex is always good right??

#118 | Back to Top06-06-2007 09:23:45 AM

dlaire
A Whole Orange

>>Oh god you are so straight

*laughs* I'm bisexual emot-smile

#119 | Back to Top06-06-2007 11:39:07 AM

Epi_lepsia
Tragedian
Website

Well sure as all the people in this forums, i think we have no straight members, do we?

#120 | Back to Top06-06-2007 01:22:58 PM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

Ahem...

Satyr too, if I recall correctly...

Anyway, my favorite pairing is probably Miki/Shiori

Don't ask

"The devil want me as is, but god he want more."
-Truck North
Honorary Hat Mafia Member

#121 | Back to Top06-06-2007 01:43:30 PM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

Stormcrow wrote:

Don't ask

But I feel like I must.

Edit: Oh, I don't mean that in a "How could you think that?!" way, I mean it in a "I've never heard that before, and I'm curious as to why you believe it would work." way.

Last edited by dollface (06-06-2007 01:44:37 PM)

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#122 | Back to Top06-06-2007 01:56:52 PM

Epi_lepsia
Tragedian
Website

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/4525/shirolw4.jpg
You mean something like this? emot-dance

#123 | Back to Top06-06-2007 02:01:30 PM

dollface
Postmistress Elf of Subtext
Website

As much as I dislike the idea of Shiori with me, they actually look really really ridiculously good together. (Well, probably because Miki isn't much of a man. emot-tongue )

Last edited by dollface (11-18-2008 05:54:17 PM)

ah, man does not exist; ah, within the darkness; ah, the sound of the waves

#124 | Back to Top06-06-2007 02:09:02 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Epi_lepsia wrote:

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/4525/shirolw4.jpg
You mean something like this? emot-dance

If I were more interested in het pairings, something tells me that this would be my favorite pairing.

But for now, my favorite het pairing is RukaxKanae. (Have I ever posted the pictures on the Sims threads of what happened the first time I made my Ruka Sim? I really should. emot-keke)

#125 | Back to Top06-06-2007 02:38:09 PM

Epi_lepsia
Tragedian
Website

Wow, you are giving me too much trouble with this pairing.

Enough for today 8D

Board footer