This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#2001 | Back to Top05-29-2015 01:19:33 PM

Flah
Belladonna Buster

Re: Corrupt a Wish [Game]

Granted. Unfortunately, she's played by Martin Short.

I wish I could travel the stars and discover all the great wonders of the universe.

Somewhere, there is an unplugged toaster sitting on a Coleman stove.

Does it feel lonely?

#2002 | Back to Top05-29-2015 04:25:57 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Riri-kins wrote:

Granted, but it rains bleach when it starts again.

On the bright side, maybe the alkaline bleach will cancel out some of that Pepsi you made it rain earlier.

Flah wrote:

I wish I could travel the stars and discover all the great wonders of the universe.

Granted, but due to the hyperrelativistic speed of your travel, your excited radio messages back to Earth actually arrive prior to the date when you left.  Knowledge of the celestial wonders you discovered is therefore commonplace when you grow up, and so your past self never bothers making this wish and never leaves to travel the stars in the first place.  This creates a paradox that collapses the universe.

I wish Elsa had sacrificed herself for Anna at the end of Frozen instead of what actually happened.

#2003 | Back to Top02-22-2016 02:07:38 AM

DragonOfThePond
Wakaba Wrangler

Your wish is granted,but you hate the movie then.

I wish I was a Magical Girl.

Last edited by DragonOfThePond (02-22-2016 02:08:04 AM)

~The real is but a dream...

#2004 | Back to Top02-22-2016 06:37:29 AM

Astrinde
Tenjou Tilter
Website

DragonOfThePond wrote:

I wish I was a Magical Girl.

Your wish is granted, but your powers are only activated by getting naked and then performing a one-armed handstand atop a galloping horse's back.  Consequently, you rarely get to use your magical abilities and feel somewhat ridiculous whenever you do.

I wish that I were a deity with my own cult of worshippers.

#2005 | Back to Top02-22-2016 09:19:23 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Granted, but Your followers have mortal agendas. Soon they are corrupting Your scripture and using Your words out of context to justify war and intolerance. They split into a dozen factions, all of which think they know the one true way of worshiping You - and all of which, in one way or another, are missing the point. You could consider intervening, but You're not even sure Your followers would recognize You anymore.

I wish I could utter the magic word "Fwackoom" to cause nearby vegetables to cook and lightly spice themselves.

#2006 | Back to Top02-22-2016 11:31:30 AM

Mangorabbit
Touga Topper

Wish Granted, but the veggies also grow arms, legs, and a flair for melodrama. It now takes about 2 hours for them to finish the Tragic Affair of Lord Zucchini and Lady Yellow Squash (plus a intermission) before you have your meal. You do get a show though, it just takes much longer than normal and they are not good actors.

I wish I had a puppy to call my own.

"Here is my secret. It is very simple: one sees well only with the heart. The essential is invisible to the eyes."

#2007 | Back to Top02-22-2016 11:44:38 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

(This made me lol.  Thank you)

#2008 | Back to Top02-22-2016 01:39:55 PM

DragonOfThePond
Wakaba Wrangler

Mangorabbit wrote:

I wish I had a puppy to call my own.

Wish granted but you trip,fall and break his skull as soon as it comes near you.

I wish that a tree from my backyard becomes a person.

~The real is but a dream...

#2009 | Back to Top02-23-2016 12:56:42 PM

Flah
Belladonna Buster

DragonOfThePond wrote:

I wish that a tree from my backyard becomes a person.

Wish granted. Having been a tree all their life, they don't know how to function as a human being. You hope that this will be resolved through a hilarious montage, like in some dime-a-dozen teen comedy where a caveman learns to live in the modern world, but you quickly discover that the learning curve is too steep. They often lash out in frustration and you're forced to restrain them until they calm down. In addition, neighbours start wondering who this mysterious person is and why they never saw them enter your house originally. You're arrested and jailed because it's assumed that you've been keeping and abusing somebody since early childhood without allowing them to have any mental stimulation. For the same reason, your tree person is institutionalized for the rest of their life and is not distinguished in any way except as a psychological case study.

I wish for a robot butler.

Does it feel lonely?

#2010 | Back to Top02-24-2016 12:27:53 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

Granted. At first it seems great because it does everything for you, but it's actually training you to be helpless.  Soon you're so dependent on it that you forget how to handle a budget. The robot offers to do it for you and ends up stealing everything.

I wish Pluto was officially a planet again.

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#2011 | Back to Top03-01-2016 11:53:34 PM

Flah
Belladonna Buster

Wish granted. To make things fair, every object in space larger than Pluto is declared a planet. As more and more are discovered, each is given a unique name, as is appropriate for a full-fledged planet. The list is in the thousands. Eventually, astronomy becomes a dead science due to students having to memorize all of the planet names, so that they don't have any time to learn anything else. One day, a few years from now, you speak to friend and happen to mention the planet Pluto. Your heart breaks as they stare glassy-eyed at you and ask, "What's a Pluto?"

I wish I could be forever young and gorgeous.

Does it feel lonely?

#2012 | Back to Top03-02-2016 12:06:47 AM

Astrinde
Tenjou Tilter
Website

Flah wrote:

I wish I could be forever young and gorgeous.

Granted, and so you fall into a deep, perpetual sleep wherein your looks shall never fade.  Word spreads of your glorious appearance.  Admirers journey from far and wide to gaze upon your exquisite immortality.  Your name is sung in many languages through the world and time, passing into legend and eventually myth.  You are praised, adored, even worshipped.

While you rest, unknowing, unwaking for all eternity.

I wish that my voice were melodious and mesmerizing, with the attractive powers of a siren.

Last edited by Astrinde (03-02-2016 05:22:12 AM)

#2013 | Back to Top03-02-2016 09:06:34 AM

zeedikay
Sunlit Gardener (Prelude)

Granted, and what a mysterious, otherworldly tune you produce. It, quite frankly, is unlike any other human's voice. It is so unusual, the government, even the medical industry begs you to sample it to warn the populous of numerous disasters. To weed the curious crowd to safety! Soon, like as in myths of old, far and wide, they will all soon recognize the sound of your voice:

weeeeeoooooh Wwwweeeeeeeeeoooooooooh WeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOooooooooh

Of course, sounding like a fire alarm with pin-point accuracy isn't really that practical in most other parts of life, so you end up functionally mute. Unless you want to pierce some eardrums.

I wish that I could go on a mystical, life-changing journey that will end up changing me for the better! (Was that one done before? Even so, I want to hear a reaction to it.)

#2014 | Back to Top03-06-2016 12:38:09 AM

Flah
Belladonna Buster

Granted. You don't enjoy your mystical journey at all and complain the whole way through, much to the annoyance of your traveling companions. Eventually, they abandon you to two ancient horrors that debate which condiment would improve your flavour. They get so involved with their argument that you manage to sneak away and go home. But you leave with a lesson that changes you forever. For the rest of your life, you always leave your home slathered in mustard because it makes you better.

EDIT: I didn't even notice your avatar when I wrote that.

I wish turning on the desk lamp didn't keep shorting out my computer.

Last edited by Flah (03-06-2016 12:39:08 AM)

Does it feel lonely?

#2015 | Back to Top03-07-2016 01:18:28 PM

Mangorabbit
Touga Topper

Granted! But now when you turn on your computer it shorts out the toaster! What a wonderfully terrifying firework show! At least poptarts can be eaten raw.
I wish that I could actually make a living as a seamstress.
(and your welcome satyreyes! Always glad to add a bit of sureality to the world!)

"Here is my secret. It is very simple: one sees well only with the heart. The essential is invisible to the eyes."

#2016 | Back to Top05-10-2016 02:15:17 PM

Revolutionary
Saionji Slapper

Sure, but you'll always pick your fingers and start to hate your job.

I wish there was a Utena spinoff.

Rule 1: You can never be too sure what will happen next... -Ruby Redfort

#2017 | Back to Top05-13-2016 01:24:45 AM

corrodefoever
New Student

Revolutionary wrote:

Sure, but you'll always pick your fingers and start to hate your job.

I wish there was a Utena spinoff.

Of course,But Anthy never finds Utena and after 10 years she drinks tea alone.[NOOOOOOO]

I wish I can study art.

“..in the end,All girls are rose bride in a way”

#2018 | Back to Top05-13-2016 08:53:17 AM

Astrinde
Tenjou Tilter
Website

Granted.  BEHOLD:

https://candledance.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/it_are_art.jpg

Look carefully and with loving eyes upon this unique and startling manifestation of creativity.  This unalloyed canvas, slashed by bold and innovative strokes of stark black paint, speaks of unchallenged assumptions thrown suddenly off-balance.  Of direction lost, of isolation enforced by bounds unassailable as the lines of societal expectations.  Of a world lost to irredeemable madness.  And the longer you look, the more your soul seethes with an unvoiced scream of rebellion, a primal cry expressed only through the power of art...

At least that's what you'll tell yourself, while you study this lone masterpiece for the entirety of your career.  You never thought it possible to absorb gallons of coffee and perspire sheer frustration, but in the darkest hours of night you learn, as you scribble page after page of reflections upon this phenomenal oeuvre.  You defend the resultant thesis with brilliance and a passion that leaves you trembling; you justify all of your long years of scrutiny to a committee left dazzled - and no small measure disturbed - by your chosen passion.  Nay, obsession.  Over time, your long study establishes you as the world's foremost authority upon this subject, this matchless creation of masterful hands, elevated beyond mortal limitations by their superhuman triumph: this painting.  This art.  THIS UNQUESTIONABLY GLORIOUS PIECE OF FREAKIN' ART.

I wish that I could earn the same yearly wage I do now, by only working five hours each week.

#2019 | Back to Top05-13-2016 03:48:22 PM

Mangorabbit
Touga Topper

Granted! I am not sure what you did before, but now for one hour a day (in a 5 day week) you must pick 1000 bushels of corn a day by yourself. Besides the increasing weight of the bushel, you must be quick as you grab each ear from the two rows stalks, ignore the sharpness of the leaves (if feels like sandpaper quickly dragged across your skin when they get you), and endor temperatures up to 100 degrees (corn is a great insulator)! If you do not pick the correct amount of corn, miss corn in the row, or not put the bushels out for the gatherers in the correct place, you don't get paid. It is gruelling work, no matter how long you do this you always are exhausted, your skin gets rough and thick, and eating is tough to do after being in such heat. But, hey! You have a whole 23 hours to rest after your effort!

I wish I never have to cut my toe nails.

#2020 | Back to Top05-13-2016 07:38:22 PM

Flah
Belladonna Buster

Granted! A creepy little goblin crawls out from under your chair, cuts off your toes, collects them, and crawls back into whatever hole it came from, to use them for whatever sick whims cross its twisted little mind. With no toes, you also have no toenails to cut. For the rest of your life, you're unsure which is worse: The agony of walking everywhere without toes or wondering what the hell that goblin is doing to them right now.

I wish for a delicious boiled egg with just the right amount of salt and pepper sprinkled on it.

Does it feel lonely?

#2021 | Back to Top05-13-2016 08:49:37 PM

Mangorabbit
Touga Topper

Granted! The shell was poked with a pin and then placed into boiling water for about 15 minutes, allowing the shell to almost glide off of the whites to reveal a smooth un-dented oval, since the membrane was loosened by the hot water. The yolk is the perfect yellow, untarnished by green, once you get to look into it. After a light sprinkling of salt and pepper you go to take a bite. But lo! A ship crashes through you kitchen walls! The crew storms out and grabs the egg from you! As your egg is whisked into the ship, what you guess is the captain walks up to you. Without moving its lips, it explains to you that they are from deep in the universe where their race and another have been fighting to prove what method makes the perfect hard boiled egg. You, you in a million had made such perfection. So, to bring peace to the galaxies, this egg must go on expedition to settle this debate once and for all.
You never get to taste you master egg, but you have saved the universe. That might be the best taste of all...
Nah.

I wish I could decide what crafting business venture I should settle on to get financed.

#2022 | Back to Top10-01-2016 02:35:05 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

Granted. You start a small business where you make and sell super stylish belt buckles. They're so hot that the world's most popular supermodels want to wear them in their next big fashion show. But just as they're wearing them on the catwalk all of the belt buckles break and the models are left humiliated in their tighty-whities in public. Your business goes kaput.

I wish to grow the world's most beautiful rose garden.

#2023 | Back to Top10-24-2016 06:54:42 AM

itavin
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)

Granted! You grew the most beatifull roses in the world. Evreyone in the world comes to see your roses. Thaosunds every day. So much in fact that it would be the perfect place for terrorist to bomb the place and kill everyone. So that realy happend and you' your rose garden and its viewers died.

I wish for a glass of water

If you ever feel like wanting to ruin your life... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Game_(mind_game)

#2024 | Back to Top10-24-2016 11:14:04 AM

Mangorabbit
Touga Topper

Granted! You have a cup made of ice, the solid form of water! It takes a while to drink.

I wish for something to do.

#2025 | Back to Top10-25-2016 08:16:59 AM

Riri-kins
World's End

Granted. That something is to get a new job as a hitman and your first task is to kill the mayor. Unfortunately his bodyguards spot you, beat the snot out of you, and call the cops. You're now on death row.

I wish Utena was president of the United States instead of one of the clowns running now.

Board footer