This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top02-04-2010 06:31:26 PM

spoon-san
Someday Shiner

Re: The Diary of Anne Frank Banned For Having Homosexual Theme

In the words of my art professor concerning most of the generation of fifty or so are "a bunch of tight asses."  People are so inculturated (sp?) to shun that which their culture of their time imposes on them to shun, and this is just one of many symptoms of it.  It's good that it was only concerning it being read aloud in class.  Though, as you can see, more and more people understand that closing one's eyes or putting something in the closet does not make it disappear and it should not go away because, really, having feelings for the same sex, from what I have seen, is not really that uncommon in the slightest.  If the book had actually been banned, I would have had to have rolled my eyes that such an important literary work would be removed for such inadequate reasons.  But so be it.  Our world is changing, anyways.  But to me, it comes to the part where one is not supposed to admit to homosexual feelings.  Something I can attest to and it is very discomforting to be told you cannot have those feelings and that you better not have them.

Last edited by spoon-san (02-04-2010 06:31:56 PM)

Board footer