This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top02-14-2009 02:03:30 PM

Dragon Monkey
Saionji Slapper

broken bones and scary things

ok all i know there are a lot of strange things that happen in this world of ours. I myself have had more then 10 broken and or dislocated bones over the years. Heres one of my stories i would like to hear some of yours too!

i was once a sponsored ex stream downhill rider. in the middle of a race my front tire got stuck in between two rocks throwing me over 25 feet. this ended in 192 stitches in the leg, 14 in the forehead, a broken elbow and a dislocated wrist. plus 3 hours of unconsciousness. and all this i win one helicopter ride and two weeks in the hospital and i lost my sponsors very sad i know.

#2 | Back to Top02-14-2009 02:07:57 PM

moroschino
Black Rosarian
Website

Re: broken bones and scary things

I haven't broken any bones, but I fell as I was climbing out of a tree house once. It wasn't a long fall, but I hit the ground pretty hard. It's the only time I've ever had the wind knocked out of me, and it was terrifying.

Funny how the smallest lie
might live a million times.

I Will Steal You Back, Jimmy Eat World

#3 | Back to Top02-14-2009 02:25:53 PM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

I'm actually morbidly curious about this topic, as I have never once been in a hospital or doctor's office for anything major like this. Hell, I'm never even had an awful fever. The worst injury I ever had was that I drove a screw into my foot, and even that was taken care of cleanly at home. I have no idea what any of this is like, and it actually drives me a bit batty.

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m526/aines_pixels/mikageirgsig02-2012.png

#4 | Back to Top02-14-2009 09:15:06 PM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

I snapped my fibula and spiral fractured my tibia in a skateboarding accident when I was fourteen -- and it still hurts in certain weather. Not to mention the most annoying thing about the entire exercise was the fact that although these bones are in the LOWER leg, in order to keep the joints in line they gave me a full-length cast for a month or so. Which is the most awkward bloody cast to get about in. Although what I remember most is the day I was trying to get something out of the fridge with crutches, and there was water on the floor. The crutch slipped, I had nothing to fall against in ready distance, so I had to put weight on my broken leg -- and the bones ground together. Oh, that was disgusting. The actual break itself seemed fairly uneventful, though in hindsight to land the way I did I must have done a fairly impressive somersault...

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#5 | Back to Top02-14-2009 09:30:16 PM

Soukougnan
Black Rosarian
Website

i've never actually broken a bone, but there are other kinds of contusions and things i'm prone to.

i once flew down a flight of stairs, mostly out of stupidity. when i tried to stand up afterward {after panting for a long time, suppressing the incredible urge to start screaming}, the knee that i'd initally landed on bent to the RIGHT.

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah. i never went to the hospital for it, because the reason i'd been running down the stairs in the first place was that i was late getting home to my psycho grandma, and i was afraid of her. i completely forwent a trip to the hospital offered to me by the "police" on my high school/college campus to get home to her, and at first, she wouldn't even let me in the house! --it was one of the ways she punished me... to lock me outside all night if i came home late, and i'd have to sleep on the back porch. she'd eventually let me in to shower at about five in the morning before i had to go to school, but i digress.

when she let me in, i told her how hurt i was, and asked if i could go to the hospital {imagine being so afraid of someone that you have to ASK to go to a HOSPITAL}, and she told me that if i was really that hurt, i'd have gone after i'd first fallen.

._.

hm. i'm... here again? catch me in the discord-- im fairybull

#6 | Back to Top02-14-2009 09:40:59 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

I've never broken anything, or injured myself to the point where I needed to go to the hospital. The only time I ever went was the event I mentioned in the Surgery thread, getting my eyesight corrected when I was 8.

The worst injury I ever sustained was during my annual "fall trip". As in, I fall whenever I trip. I skinned one knee wide open in 8th grade, and I skinned the other knee wide open in 10th grade.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#7 | Back to Top02-16-2009 05:03:55 PM

Riri-kins
World's End

I've fractured my right elbow three times and sprained an ankle. The first time was when I fell on the last day of sixth grade, the second was when I fell in my high school dance class, and the third was when I slipped in a rainy parking lot. I'll never forget the agony of that first time broken bone. I had to wait for three hours in the emergency room and the Demoral they gave me barely dulled the pain. 

My ankle was sprained only a month or two ago when I had tripped down the stairs. At first I thought I'd broken my nose too since I'd landed on my face but I had just badly scratched it.  It's actually kind of interesting because I learned that there are a great deal of blood vessels in the human face, so if you scratch it it looks worse than it is. Lesson: Never live upstairs.

Proud Saionji and Mikage fangirl
My Utena fanfiction: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2000115/Riri-kins

#8 | Back to Top02-16-2009 05:45:19 PM

Bluesky
Chpn Dlst
Website

I had two huge black eyes for my school photo once. My mum still has a copy.
Never bokren anything, but because me little brother has autism and used to be very violent sometimes, I spent a lot of time with various bits of my face swollen up. I assume all of this has only added to my *ahem* natural charm emot-biggrin

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

#9 | Back to Top02-16-2009 06:08:11 PM

Decrescent Daytripper
Best Disney Princess

My arm was broke for me by some older kids when I was about seven.  Had to sit in the principal's office until school let out before anything could be done about it (and we didn't sue. 'cause?  I dunno).

My nose has been broken a few times, most recently in a car accident.  When the police asked if anything was broken, I told them my coffee cup broke and I'd lost all the coffee; head injuries!

And I damaged some ribs and had to have them wrapped after someone hit me with their SUV, in part for having naked fun time with their ex (and their roommate's ex).

Overall, I think I've been lucky I haven't received more damage, considering some of the stupid situations I've found myself in.

My Brain is the Wakaba and Shiori Funtime Hour. With limited commercial interruption.

Board footer