This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top03-30-2007 12:32:04 AM

purplepolecat
Atlantean Singer

My new SKU AMV : Need Utena Tonight

http://youtube.com/watch?v=52pxZhA4V1U

Anime : Revolutionary Girl Utena (series)
Music : INXS - Need You Tonight

I hope you all enjoy this.

I know Touga x Utena is an unimaginative pairing, but it works SO well for this song.

Brief delurk : I am Polecat, I am 34, male, married and live in Vancouver, B.C.
I've been watching anime for a while, I started making AMVs last year and I watched Utena fairly recently, and of course became mildly obsessed.
I am the one responsible for "Utena Girl Squad". (Thanks for the positive response here, I discovered this site after making UGS and was delighted to find that someone had already posted a link in the forums)
I love this site, it makes me happy that other people are so involved with the series.

We're here, we're queer, we don't want any more bears!
Honorary Hat Mafia Member
Now Playing: Bear Supply - "I Maul Out Of Love"

#2 | Back to Top03-30-2007 12:40:45 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Re: My new SKU AMV : Need Utena Tonight

I am going to go ahead and call this the Best Thing Ever of the Day.  Nice coupling of music with pairing, and wonderful production values emot-smile  I especially liked your use of the repeated BAH-BAH-BAH in the chorus to do interesting rhythmic things.

Thank you for this, and also for UGS.  Feel free to do less lurking and more posting!  emot-smile

#3 | Back to Top03-30-2007 01:07:50 AM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

purplepolecat wrote:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=52pxZhA4V1U

Anime : Revolutionary Girl Utena (series)
Music : INXS - Need You Tonight

I hope you all enjoy this.

I know Touga x Utena is an unimaginative pairing, but it works SO well for this song.

Brief delurk : I am Polecat, I am 34, male, married and live in Vancouver, B.C.
I've been watching anime for a while, I started making AMVs last year and I watched Utena fairly recently, and of course became mildly obsessed.
I am the one responsible for "Utena Girl Squad". (Thanks for the positive response here, I discovered this site after making UGS and was delighted to find that someone had already posted a link in the forums)
I love this site, it makes me happy that other people are so involved with the series.

FUCK YOU, SEACOUVERITE. emot-mad

Kidding, sweetie. I was born in Van, and I've still got friends there. If you're ever up near Edmonton, drop me a line, huh?

Girl Squad is adorable, but I really, really like this video. The world needs more Touga looking hot. etc-wankgirl

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#4 | Back to Top03-30-2007 01:34:49 AM

Clover
Wakaba Wrangler
Website

Really well done and quite enjoyable!

rose-tainted.net

#5 | Back to Top03-30-2007 02:52:52 AM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

You sure do know how to put together AMVs, you plan on doing any future Utena stuff?

#6 | Back to Top03-31-2007 01:24:08 AM

purplepolecat
Atlantean Singer

Tamago wrote:

You sure do know how to put together AMVs, you plan on doing any future Utena stuff?

Thank you ! And hi to fellow Canuck Yasha!

And speaking of further Utena AMVs, my lovely wife has just finished one too.

And it rocks. It is the most outrageous piece of fanservice ever conceived. Please go watch it now !
http://forums.ohtori.nu/viewtopic.php?id=542

Last edited by purplepolecat (03-31-2007 01:26:28 AM)

We're here, we're queer, we don't want any more bears!
Honorary Hat Mafia Member
Now Playing: Bear Supply - "I Maul Out Of Love"

#7 | Back to Top03-31-2007 05:21:49 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

I was going to post about the great synching and such but then I was distracted by how hot that shot of Touga throwing his head back is. I forgot about that shot.

Then I was going to comment on how funny it is Touga's getting so much screen time, and it turned out to be your wife making the video.

So I approve, both of the video (and hers!) and the more married couples on our forums. I promise we'll treat marriage better than the series does. emot-keke

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

Board footer