This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top03-12-2014 03:37:20 PM

DorianGray345
Tenjou Tilter

Stop SOPA 2014

Hey all.

I don't know if any of you are aware of this, but the US government is trying to bring back this accursed law and finally pass it. This time, the targets are "any and all things including copyrighted characters created by those who don't hold the copyrights," which includes fanart, fanfiction, role-playing, videos, etc. This will heavily affect this site and many others, including Tumblr and YouTube. If we don't nip this in the bud now, we will all be fined for just expressing ourselves and our love of all things Utena, Mawaru Penguindrum, or any other fandom. Join the fight to protect our rights to free expression now! Signatures must be submitted by March 19th!

Link:
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petiti … 4/q0Vkk0Zr

Last edited by DorianGray345 (03-13-2014 02:37:41 AM)

"Depression, the bereavement of the Past
Anxiety, the imminence of the Future
Contentment, the seduction of the Present
Time flows mercilessly, and I reside on the Island of Denial"

#2 | Back to Top03-13-2014 12:18:56 AM

yusaku
String Theorist

Re: Stop SOPA 2014

Signed it! We need to endeavor to keep the internet as free as possible. I need to find that petition to tell the SEC to forbid Sprint from merging with Tmobile. Every merger means layoffs and higher prices. I am glad I am not with either company.

***The world is one large Rose Academy!!!***

#3 | Back to Top03-13-2014 08:38:50 AM

TheOnlyFlorence
Revolution Televisor

I'm afraid I need more information before putting anything close to my name on this. The only things I can find out there are anti-SOPA sentiments posted all over the place with no evidence, just a link to a petition. Not even major news outlets have anything.

This is the most recent article I could find.

Without any evidence showing that "any and all things including copyrighted characters created by those who don't hold the copyrights" is going to be in effect, I can't, in good conscience, sign this. emot-frown

#4 | Back to Top03-13-2014 10:48:58 AM

purplepolecat
Atlantean Singer

If this was a real thing, there should at least be a Bill number.

I wouldn't be surprised if the major media publications ignored such a bill, but Slashdot and other tech blogs would be all over it.

The closest thing in the pipes right now seems to be the Trans-Pacific Partnership.
http://lofgren.house.gov/latest-news/re … de-treaty/

We're here, we're queer, we don't want any more bears!
Honorary Hat Mafia Member
Now Playing: Bear Supply - "I Maul Out Of Love"

#5 | Back to Top03-13-2014 03:21:39 PM

DorianGray345
Tenjou Tilter

TheOnlyFlorence wrote:

I'm afraid I need more information before putting anything close to my name on this. The only things I can find out there are anti-SOPA sentiments posted all over the place with no evidence, just a link to a petition. Not even major news outlets have anything.

This is the most recent article I could find.

Without any evidence showing that "any and all things including copyrighted characters created by those who don't hold the copyrights" is going to be in effect, I can't, in good conscience, sign this. emot-frown

I completely understand. To be honest, I should have fact checked this before placing it on the forum. I apologize.

"Depression, the bereavement of the Past
Anxiety, the imminence of the Future
Contentment, the seduction of the Present
Time flows mercilessly, and I reside on the Island of Denial"

#6 | Back to Top03-13-2014 03:35:00 PM

Kita-Ysabell
Covert Diarist
Website

Nah, it's okay.  Good to keep us on our toes, I think.

"Et in Arcadio ego..."

#7 | Back to Top03-13-2014 08:57:00 PM

TheOnlyFlorence
Revolution Televisor

DorianGray345 wrote:

I completely understand. To be honest, I should have fact checked this before placing it on the forum. I apologize.

Meh, it's no sweat. You were, in good faith, trying to stop something that sounds pretty bad. Granted, there's not much of it there, but you wanted a good. emot-biggrin  Plus, it gave us all a little research time, which I do now enjoy. The people here really pushed me into researching before any post. Again, no harm done. emot-wink

Board footer