This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top06-10-2016 12:42:24 AM

XYK
New Student
Website

Most exciting scenes

What scenes got you most hyped when first watching Utena?

I loved the stairs entrance scene, and the entire finale....

#2 | Back to Top06-10-2016 08:44:24 AM

Yams
Nest Boxer

Re: Most exciting scenes

Juri's duel with the sword falling through the rose is always a good un.

Also the animation for the 2nd ED, Virtual Star Hasseigaku, is fabulous

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

#3 | Back to Top06-10-2016 11:54:24 AM

maridaberri
Miki Molester

I agree with you both, XYZ and YamPuff! I'm always memorized with with the "Absolute Destiny Apocalypse Scene." The first time I saw I was wowed emot-aaa!
Also, when Juri knocks Utena's sword out of her hand and it spins in the air and cuts off Juri's rose. That was really amazing. She fought to disprove miracles and she lost because of a miracle.

Some scenes that got me hyped up were Akio, Touga, and Saionji's sexy photo-shoots! Also, everytime there was an "Akio Car" scene. I loved the jazzy music and the whole vibe of those scenes.

Last edited by maridaberri (06-10-2016 11:54:52 AM)

#4 | Back to Top06-10-2016 11:58:07 AM

deeds24
Miki Molester

The opening, all the endings, whenever Akio shifted gears in his car, plus the moment Nanami finds out what Anthy and Akio have been up to.

http://s33.postimg.org/bc1wu0np7/nanami_from_episode_31_when_she_realizes_akio_an.jpg
Just seeing the realization on her face got me hyped to see her interactions with characters in the next episode. Also the scene when Akio first showed up at the end of the student council arc and the tone of the show takes a darker turn was hype.

#5 | Back to Top06-10-2016 12:14:22 PM

maridaberri
Miki Molester

Wow deeds! I agree. The scene where Nanami found out about Akio and Anthy was amazing. It was one of the most intense scenes in the entire show. It felt real. Not that I've been in that situation but I'm sure I'd react like that if I were her. She was visibly shaken and couldn't even pick herself up. Her expression was perfect as if it were asking "why?" The end of the student council arc also got me hyped. It ends with that scary scene where they show the group of boys that creepily turn and look at the camera. It got me hyped and wondering where the show was headed.

Board footer