This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top12-25-2006 09:50:13 PM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

Im ready to do this...

About a year ago...

The date was October 4th 2005, almost my birthday (being the 9th) i was on top of the world! going through my senior year of High school, having a wonderful relationship with my beloved Mangod Taylor. at exactly 9:30 i said goodnight to Taylor on the phone and went to say goodnight to my mom in the livingroom. i spotted a candle out of the corner of my eye in the livingroom allong with my mom half asleep on the couch. I said goodnight and had no idea of what the night had instore for me.

i was awoken at 1AM Oct 5th by fire alarms, my head dizzy from inhaleing smoke for god knows how long. i got up quickly and tried to leave my room but smacked into the door. once out i saw my mom freaking out at a giant corner of our livingroom engulfed in flames. i had to snap her outta it and make my way outside with her. once outside we realized it would suck to have the fire department show up and see me only in a pair of skimpy undies and topless. we broke inside through the basement and i grabbed a shirt from the laundry. we heard one of our cats crying out in fear. we tried to call her but she wouldnt come down. we ran back outside and when we made it to the front yard, the front windows blew out with a very loud smash. i had to run down our street to a fire box and pull the alarm. i also ran to our neighbors house (my friend Jill..not the assholes in the house across the street from us)

once their they called the fire department and about a half an hour to the whole house up in flames later they finally show up and it takes them till at least 6 to put it out...

i havent talked much about it untill now. all i wanted to do was be with my boyfriend and not go to school. Jill kept me company though. we almost punched some guy in the face for "walking his dog" at 3:30 AM he came over down my dead end street and sat on the stone wall with us watching it like our best friend... (PUNCH!)

Sadly i lost EVERY UTENA NOVIL I HAD! however my DVD's were fine....if you like box-less soot covered crappy DVD's. i also had OST 1 2 3 7 and the movie one...
plus everything else in my room...

I decided to do this because i had a nightmare the other night that made me wake up run for the door feeling lightheaded again screaming "its happening again!"

im not looking for sympathy but im looking for some thoughts on this situation.

aside from losing everything
we lost 3 cats of the 4 we had
R.I.P- Salem-S.J. and Hoshi  (Mother, Daughter and Great Grandson)

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q278/SisterElla09/mrsaturnDance.gif

#2 | Back to Top12-25-2006 10:02:07 PM

Hinotori
The Notable Death Mantis

Re: Im ready to do this...

That's horrible ;.;

All I can think to say is at least you recovered well from it and didn't let a horrible thing like that scar you for life. I know a lot of people who would've completely folded in from situations like that.

Hinotori made this post, and then went back and changed it later. Such is life.

#3 | Back to Top12-25-2006 10:04:12 PM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

i know at least thats good.

#4 | Back to Top12-25-2006 10:04:22 PM

A Day Without Me
Still Drunk in the Morning?

I'm glad you felt you could confide this in us - and that you and your mom made it out ok! I can't imagine how rough that whole experience must've been for both of you, I myself always had a fear when I was little of my house burning down.

"I'm bringing paxil back. (Yup)
My HMO might just pick up the tab. (Yup)
I got the tremors and I need a nap. (Yup)
I gave my rent check to them Pfizer cats."

#5 | Back to Top12-25-2006 10:07:40 PM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

really? i had a fear of running into a wall... emot-wink

#6 | Back to Top12-25-2006 10:41:41 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

RIP three kitties emot-frown

I'm glad you feel comfortable enough to talk about this, Kissing, and I hope that being able to talk will help you heal even faster. You have my good wishes, dear.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#7 | Back to Top12-25-2006 10:52:35 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

I'm seconding the other posters in the thread, it's great that you're not letting this ruin your life or traumatize you. That's a horrifying experience to live through, but you're taking it so well. Utena merchandise can be replaced, but you got out safe and that's what's important.

I wish the kitties had made it though. Poor kitties. emot-frown

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#8 | Back to Top12-25-2006 10:59:49 PM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

this is Salem

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q278/SisterElla09/Salem.jpg

she was the one at the top of the stairs and wouldnt come down emot-frown

#9 | Back to Top12-25-2006 11:26:44 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

This is very sad... thanks for sharing it with us though. I can't really think of anything original to say but I'm glad you're alive and well or we wouldn't have known you. We love you and we'll do whatever we can.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#10 | Back to Top12-25-2006 11:56:42 PM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

emot-keke

i knew i could do this and feel confident in it.

#11 | Back to Top12-26-2006 12:59:15 AM

Frosty
Everyone's Best Friend
Website

Man, that is so sad! Sorry you had to go through all of that, and lose the cats. So happy you are alive and well now, though. Gee, that's tough! Hurray for sharing - talking helps healing.

Just remember that the things you put into your head are there forever, he said. You might want to think about that. / You forget some things, don't you? / Yes. You forget what you want to remember and you remember what you want to forget.

Hat Mafia Member: The Scissors

#12 | Back to Top12-26-2006 03:43:49 AM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

I'm glad you can talk about it -- like everyone else says, it's so damn great that you can share it with us. We may not know exactly how it feels, but as you can see, we care. [hugs] And I am so sorry about your cats; when I was little I used to freak out about my budgie because while I thought the cat could get out, the budgie was naturally in a cage and I always thought if the house went, so would my bird. [sighs] So...yeah. Kia kaha (stand strong) and you know we're all here to listen if you need us. etc-love

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

Board footer