This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top05-07-2007 05:05:29 AM

beautifulpanther
Qualified Duellist
Website

Maybe someday... [Juri x Shiori x Ruka]

Well... this time it's a kind of shortfic, written in the middle of the night, while I was listening to the "Bloodflowers"-album by The Cure, one of my favourite cd's of them. Inspired by the songs "Maybe someday" "The Last day of Summer" and "There is no if..."

There's just a small hint to Ruka emot-keke; But i thought it would be better to add him... anyways, sorry for being that short emot-frown

-------------------------

Looking at the sky made Juri frown and pulling the jacket tighter around her lithe forms. Dark clouds emerged and created an illusion of a monster, heavy breeze tossed auburn curls around like the weather enjoyed to tease the panther. Rain crashed down the campus, merciless in its behaviour, turning everything into a greyish mist. Silently the noble fencer tightened the grip of her umbrella, barely watching the scenery around her. She knew that everything was about to get into a thunderstorm, reason enough to quicken her pace. Maple leaves were spinning around in cold and harsh wind, slashing to the ground. Nature had changed around her, but she didn’t even notice, everything faded into gold and brown, just about to weather. For some kind of reasons Juri used to like autumn, but things changed in the last years. She simply hated it. The student had to feel the difference between childhood and growing up, sticking into the mysteries of adolescence. Still, nature changed around her, like people. Juri knew it too well. And she hoped to dearly that this kind of makeover would stop when it came to special things and fascinations, nonetheless – didn’t she wish it sometimes inside the dorm, in her bed before she cried herself to sleep?

Juri needed to make up her mind, not avoiding confrontations. Where was the proud panther, scaring the shit out of everyone, bathing herself in glory and prestige? Where was this proud young woman, the genius fencer, admired by everyone? Today there was nothing left from her façade. She was herself, knowing that nobody would watch her at her walk through the rain. So many thoughts. Way too many. The panther sighed heavily, almost surrendering she closed her lids, feeling the icy breeze on her face.

Shifting unconsciously, she barely opened her eyes, noticing a shade in front of her. She stopped shortly, seeing that it was a girl, taking her book bag to protect herself from the rain. But in the end it was senseless, school uniform was soaked with water, like the short dark hair. Juri knew that colour, what it was supposed to be. Maroon, silky hair, matching with amethyst coloured eyes with that sweet innocent gaze, filled with fear and insecurity inside when the panther stepped closer, standing behind her.

Hesitating for a moment, Juri reached out her hand, settling down on the student’s slim shoulder, knowing that she would turn around with a frightened look. It happened. But this time her gaze had changed, looking through her.

“Juri-san… what are you doing here?”

The tone in her voice was… indefinable to the panther. She heard it quite often in the last time, being annoyed by the fencer’s presence.

“Taking a walk.” She explained silently.

“I see.”

Juri just nodded. Keeping silent as always, simply standing there and looking at the soaked girl.

Shiori didn’t like the silence around them, just the rushing water around them added more and more tension, building inside the tensed, petite body.

“Would you stop touching me?”
Shiori hissed after some time, turning away her gaze. Electrified by such aggressiveness Juri removed her hand from Shiori’s shoulder, dropping emerald eyes for a second. She didn’t like that tone, she didn’t like that behaviour. And she kept asking herself why everything had to change. Biting her tongue she looked around. Nobody was here, so… Shiori seemed to show her real face.

“Are you… waiting for someone?”
Juri asked silently after some time. Shiori shook her head.

“It doesn’t matter anymore.” she explained with a barely shrug. Juri seemed to know what was going on. She got removed. The panther didn’t even ask, seeing it in the girl’s eyes.

“So… is there anything… I can do for you?”

Shiori sighed, glancing into the panther’s direction.

“How about leaving me the hell alone?? Like YOU would care about me!”

Juri frowned, looking wide-eyed at her former friend, hurt by the tone and the words she simply was speechless. But she began to surrender; knowing that there wasn’t any sense in discussing anymore. She dropped the umbrella from herself, handing it to Shiori.

“Yeah… like I would care…”, she whispered finally, without even looking at her the panther turned her heel, walking away still noble and graceful on the outside, but behaving like a beaten dog on the inside. She didn’t know what caused the break between their bound. Lowering her gaze she felt the rain, beating into her face, hearing the thunder far away. She didn’t care. She just ignored the steps behind her, which stopped after a while. Shiori wanted to give it back, she thought with a weak smile. But she didn’t know the truth.

To be exactly, she knew the truth. But she didn’t want to see it, the image of a blue haired student getting close to her friend, taking the umbrella to steal a kiss. A kiss that Shiori didn’t deserve. It broke her heart to hear the girl’s laughter, talking to the one who used to mean so much to the panther. Now she was the one, walking through the rain as always, being on her own – the lonely predator of the campus.

no i won't do it again, i don't want to pretend
if it can't be like before i've got to let it end
i don't want what i was, i had a change of head
but maybe someday...
yeah maybe someday

i've got to let it go and leave it gone
just walk away, stop it going on
get too scared to jump if i wait too long
but maybe someday...

i'll see you smile as you call my name
start to feel, and it feels the same
and i know that maybe someday's come
maybe someday's come...
again!

so tell me someday's come tell me some days come again...

no i won't do it some more, doesn't make any sense
if it can't be like it was, i've got to let it rest
i don't want what i did, i had a change of tense
but maybe someday...

i'll see you smile as you call my name
start to feel, and it feels the same
and i know that maybe someday's come
maybe someday's come...

if i could do it again maybe just once more
think i could make it work like i did it before
if i could try it out
if i could just be sure
that maybe someday is the last time
yeah maybe someday is the end
oh maybe someday is when it all stops
or maybe someday always comes again...

Last edited by beautifulpanther (05-07-2007 05:10:14 AM)

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h154/NicoRobin1985/wheebanner2.jpg
Bianca   *1989 - +14.09.2007

"A duel against a feather has nothing to do with provocation or letting you look like a fool. Duelling the feather, the essence of all art and truth written down on paper, is a duel against your inner self to find security and cognition" (©Octavian)

Board footer