This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top11-14-2006 05:32:16 AM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

Re: SKU cels

Lightice wrote:

As I understand, some studios still make limited numbers of cels for the sole purpose of selling them to fans. Don't quote me on this, though.

I'm pretty sure that Gainax still does this for some little show that nobody's heard of called Neon Genesis Evangelion. emot-rolleyes emot-biggrin

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HERdW38xV_c/S5xZ2QVrIwI/AAAAAAAAApg/uNpckSbLgUw/s800/utenaban.jpg

#27 | Back to Top11-14-2006 05:57:11 AM

iruka
Rose Smilee

Imaginary Bad Bug wrote:

I'm pretty sure that Gainax still does this for some little show that nobody's heard of called Neon Genesis Evangelion. emot-rolleyes emot-biggrin

Exactly what I was gonna say emot-biggrin

Gainax never released the the original cels used for filming, but they did cca. 20 cels that are reproductions of true production cels and sell them. Aka reproduction cels.

The new CGI shows have pencil sketches (genga/douga) for sale, but no cels of course... though it's not entirely impossible to think that they'd make reproduction cels of CGI shows...
Now that I think about it, I believe I saw Gravitation reproduction cels once...

#28 | Back to Top11-15-2006 10:07:26 PM

UtenaFanGirl
Ballgoer
Website

yes anyone can make their own cells!...
1.get clear paper that people use for projectors/transperencies
2.draw on one side with a perminant marker
3.paint the other side with a good thick paint...dont use tempra...if you are making a picture that already exsist then note all shading will be backwards

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/513 … n%3Ascraps
this is mine...from long ago

Chu chuu CHU!!!!

Board footer