This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#51 | Back to Top04-26-2007 03:52:18 PM

mefisto767
New Student

Re: Myers-Briggs Typology

INTP is not as rare as I have thought emot-keke (or maybe the folks who watch SKU are really skewed emot-wink)

In MBTI my type is INTP. Looking for an alternative description and a different kind of test  I stumbled upon socionics, a theory of types recently developed. I took a test and my type was INTP (the socionics types have the same names as the types in MBTI) .

The description in http://www.the16types.info/types.php?typename=INTP is particularly good:

1. "Imagination directs me". He possesses a powerful, intellectual imagination. A representative of this type, Honoré de Balzac, in his series of novels, The Human Comedy “painted” the portraits of more than 2000 people who appear hyper real: "he is comparable perhaps only to the city controller’s office" – wrote of him Andre Maurois. Similarly, the phantasmagoric world of Gabriel García Marquez is impressively precise in every detail. Due to this quality The Critic can forecast the future quite well. From empirical observations of how a man acts at various times he creates something like a functional model in his mind. In general, he tends to know everything in advance. If he did not have to warn other people about possible dangers (opportunities interest him less), he most possibly would feel himself redundant.

2. "A priest’s calmness and restraint". He almost never expresses emotions and protects from them his family and friends. He sincerely believes that passions, too strong, will lead one to his doom. Honoré de Balzac has constantly demonstrated throughout his literary works how passion spreads like a devastating cancer that eats away the souls of men until it finally suppresses all else. This holds totally true in the case of his dual (Caesar, The Politician), a hyperactive person that easily gets carried away.

3. A profound analyst. He is convinced that living is impossible if one disregards the natural laws that regulate the world. One who ignores reality is heading for disaster. The Criticist believes that it is better to be somewhat too cynical then be a hypocrite. Hearing of a situation, he very soon thoroughly understands it and begins to tell to the bewildered interlocutor the details and aspects that the latter had overlooked. His analysis is devoid of any self-encouragement. “You shouldn’t have a different attitude towards life than you have for the kitchen – the same amount of stinking odor; if you want to cook a dish, you’ll have to get your hands dirty, just make sure you’ll be able to wash the dirt off once you are done; that’s the entire moral of our day and age." – So speaks Vautrin, a hero of Balzac’s books. Such misanthropy can kill the anybody’s spirits, except his dual (The Politician)!

4. "First and foremost, he is kind". In spite of all his “negativism”, he is really a very kindly person in nature. The above phrase about Honoré de Balzac belongs to George Sand who knew him very well. He likes strong people who know their way in life, who demand concessions: such people release him from the necessity to invent goals, while using methods invented by him (he is a master of inventing methods.) He is capable of pouring a bucket of cold water out on the head of an enthusiast. But on the other hand, he is likewise capable of easing one’s despair, when they are unlucky, when things go the wrong way, when destiny seems to be hostile…

5. Unapproachable and thus desired. A girl-student by the name of Laima (The Politician) gave a good description of this type when she tried to describe the hero of her dreams: "He must be handsome and smart, with big and sad eyes, not talkative. He does not tell compliments, and by that he creates an impression of his inapproachability. He is taunted by myriads of problems, which, in my opinion are nothing to be bothered with. I am attracted by his sadness, seriousness, so I try to amuse him, to raise his spirits, to make him happy. If such a boy is present at a party, I wouldn’t be bored." This is a vivid description of this personality type, who is constant in his feelings, does not like adventures, and desires total dependence of his demanding partner.

The test can be taken in: http://www.socionicstypeassistant.com/stc/sta.html?0:::. The results could be different than in MBTI.

The problem with people is that they don’t look at the big picture. Eventually, we’re each going to die, our species will go extinct, the sun will explode, and the universe will collapse. Existence isn’t only temporary, it’s pointless! We’re all doomed, and worse, nothing matters!

Calvin

#52 | Back to Top05-05-2007 06:05:38 PM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

Yet another good old thread.  Here we go...I scored...can you guess, can you?

Well, you'll have to, because I closed the browser window.  emot-redfaceemot-redfaceemot-redface

Basically, I turned out iNFj, or introverted iNtuitive Feeling judging, which makes me an idealistic counselor.

Most of the description of me was accurate enough, especially the bit about reading others easily, which makes me almost compulsively secretive, because I assume that other people can read me as easily as I read them, which makes me emot-redface.

emot-mademot-mademot-mademot-mademot-mademot-mademot-mademot-mad This pisses me off!  My own fault of course, but still frustrating.

Apparently, I am also psychic (wtf?).

Regarding probability, (WARNING, school-eng101school-eng101school-eng101,WARNING)  There are four categories being measured, each with four possible values, creating 256 possibilites!  Of course none of them represent more than one percent!!!  The fact that they claim that more than two percent are counselors is ludicrous, especially when they say that that's rare.  Who is this Keirsey fucktard anyway?!?!?  Two percent of the population makes 6 million in America alone!!!!!!!!!!  (end school-eng101school-eng101school-eng101)

On the other hand, they say that I'm like Gandhi, so they must know what they're talking about, right? emot-tongueemot-tongueemot-tongueemot-tongueemot-tongueemot-tongueemot-tongueemot-tongue

EDIT:  The truly funny thing is that I came in under 15% in all four categories, which would make me well-rounded.  As you all can tell by now, the only thing well-rounded about me is my CENSORED

Last edited by Stormcrow (05-05-2007 06:07:15 PM)

"The devil want me as is, but god he want more."
-Truck North
Honorary Hat Mafia Member

#53 | Back to Top05-05-2007 07:48:59 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Stormcrow wrote:

EDIT:  The truly funny thing is that I came in under 15% in all four categories, which would make me well-rounded.  As you all can tell by now, the only thing well-rounded about me is my CENSORED

Oh yeah? I bet my CENSORED is more well rounded than your CENSORED! emot-mademot-mademot-mad

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#54 | Back to Top05-05-2007 07:54:48 PM

Stormcrow
Magical Flying Moron
Website

Yasha wrote:

Stormcrow wrote:

Oh yeah? I bet my CENSORED is more well rounded than your CENSORED! emot-mademot-mademot-mad

Well, uh, that may be, but, uh, my EXPLETIVE DELETED is EDITED FOR CONTENT than your puny BLEEP!  Even if it's been raining!!! school-eng101 pwn!

"The devil want me as is, but god he want more."
-Truck North
Honorary Hat Mafia Member

#55 | Back to Top05-05-2007 11:01:09 PM

wingedbeastie
Nest Boxer

I'm an INFP

Introverted-22
Intuitive-50
Feeling-62
Perceiving-56

Two things that stood out...

The Healer is the Prince or Princess of fairytale, the King's Champion or Defender of the Faith, like Sir Galahad or Joan of Arc

and

When they set their minds on things, INFPs are not likely to give up easily, yet because of their outward gentleness, they do not show their determination. They may not take a direct path, but somehow they reach their dreams.

Is it just me INFP's sound like Miki and Utena smashed together emot-confused

Check out my: Twitter|Voice Over Tumblr|

#56 | Back to Top10-04-2013 04:25:31 AM

SexingTouga24/7/365
is on a BOAT!

Random Necro:

So, while wondering the internet I found a site describing the different typologys and I was torn between both the ENTP - Extroverted intuitive Thinking Perceiving and ENFP - Extraverted iNtuitive Feeling Perceiving . I feel depending on what day and how I answered the test I would score as either. However I am going to have to place my self firmly in the ENFP area

Unlike other Extroverted types, ENFPs need time alone to center themselves, and make sure they are moving in a direction which is in sync with their values.... ENFPs are basically happy people. They may become unhappy when they are confined to strict schedules or mundane tasks. Consequently, ENFPs work best in situations where they have a lot of flexibility, and where they can work with people and ideas. Many go into business for themselves. They have the ability to be quite productive with little supervision, as long as they are excited about what they're doing.... They have a strong need to be independent, and resist being controlled or labelled. They need to maintain control over themselves, but they do not believe in controlling others. Their dislike of dependence and suppression extends to others as well as to themselves.

emot-confused Wow, this explains so much about me to my self and why certain things inspire such reactions.... I realize why I am so damn instant about quality alone time and love sitting some place dark and quiet with my thoughts. And additionally why I am perfectly fine with doing things by myself or with selected others.   
Also the part about work situations sounds like my perfect job, if anyone can suggest an industry that fits those perimeters above that would rock, cause I have no idea. Oh, that whole going into business for your self is not going to work for me. https://www.personalitypage.com/html/ENFP_per.html

Last edited by SexingTouga24/7/365 (10-04-2013 04:27:15 AM)

"If all the world is a stage and all the people players"...then I demand a less shitty part or the ability to get off of the stage. Slowly my sanity slides, slipping, swirling, spiraling...Save Me I need Sleep...Shattering Soon. school-devil "RukaxTouga equals the Fourth of July" MY patriotic celebration...FUCK ME TOUGA AND RUKA NOW!! etc-wankgirl etc-wankdude

Board footer