This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#326 | Back to Top03-15-2009 09:20:39 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

Re: [RP/OOC] IRGBalcony: Shinobi Dreams

*The Alien sat down, casting off his traditional dark saffron robe before doing so. Underneath the robe, he looked like he came from a Renaissance fair. A long sleeved maroon tunic and matching shoes over a skintight pair of black pants accented his pearl grey eyes and flowing snow white hair. He smiled and nodded at Chani.*

Prince speaks the truth. I'm only twelve Terran years old. I don't like to think of my age in Martian years. But I will live at least another three hundred years if I'm careful. Normal Ethereals live as long as they can find the strength to maintain the complex telekinetic actions that govern what is essentially life support. Most die by the hands of the Alien Brain's command or by human action.

At any rate, I've promised to teach you both the secrets to psionic ability, so that you will become more effective Shinobi. I've also decided...

*He paused, taking a deep breath, then letting it out before he continued...*

...I've decided that I want you to train me in your art, Chani...

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#327 | Back to Top03-26-2009 09:48:20 PM

Prince_of_Stars
Someday Shiner
Website

This was the first time that Prince had ever heard such a thing. Bio wanted to learn from them, humans. He'd now seen everything. Prince had it in his head that aliens were so advanced that they didn't need to learn from humans, but then...everyone could learn something, and it took a brave alien to admit that he could learn something from a more inferior being.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c174/chani_sama/prince-sig.png

Sir Hellsing: Leader of the Feminine Failure Revolution
Faithfully failing at feminine tasks, gender roles, and the conventionality of femininity since 1990.

#328 | Back to Top03-27-2009 05:09:57 AM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

Chani sat quietly, mulling over what she'd heard. She figured mentally Bio would still be older than them, since he'd probably been fully functional all those years. "Only 12? Hm, interesting."

She thought a little longer, then nodded. "You'll do better than us, with your psionic skills, as a lot of our skills could be replicated through those. But yes. I will try to train you in our skills. It may be difficult, since I don't know whether you can access the powers we have."

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m526/aines_pixels/mikageirgsig02-2012.png

#329 | Back to Top03-27-2009 12:43:40 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

*Bio nodded. He held out his hand and a bright lavendar manifestation of energy materialised there. It fluctuated before transforming into his Psi-Amp. He handed it to Chani.*

Use this to gather your inner psionic energies, then close your eyes and look at me as if you were seeing my chakras. Seek the purple-black rift in my Third Eye and focus your willpower through the Psi-Amp to enclose the rift in a bubble. If all goes well, you'll have sealed off my psionic powers temporarily. This is my first lesson, the lesson of PSI Lockdown Alpha. *He paused before continuing.* If I am to learn the art of the Shinobi, then I must learn to be able to survive without my abilities. They'll only interfere with the innate energy that all creatures possess, the energy which you identify Prince and the others by when they train...

Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#330 | Back to Top03-28-2009 05:49:41 PM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

Chani took the device hesitantly, then looked at Bio. "I'm willing to try, but... what happens if I screw up? I don't want to ruin your internal workings or anything."

#331 | Back to Top03-28-2009 05:52:30 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

*Bio grinned.*

I've done this to many others in my life. All it does is lock away the ability to harness psionic power for a short duration. I wanted to teach it to you so that you can make sure I can't cheat when you train me. It's completely safe and doesn't affect any other organic or mental processes. Go ahead, try it like I described...

#332 | Back to Top03-29-2009 07:01:34 PM

Prince_of_Stars
Someday Shiner
Website

Off to the side, Prince watched the whole exchange. Bio was going to be learning how to be one of them, a Shinobi. He'd probably be even stronger than him because he was Psionic. The green-eyed Shinobi was quite enthralled; he wanted to be just as powerful as Bio.

Faithfully failing at feminine tasks, gender roles, and the conventionality of femininity since 1990.

#333 | Back to Top03-29-2009 09:08:42 PM

Aine Silveria
Pumpkin Bride

((Took some liberties here since I'm not sure how it's supposed to work...))

Chani cradled the delicate looking thing in her hands, thought over Bio's instructions carefully, then closed her eyes. She figured the two energies in her had to be different from each other, but all she kept pulling up was her normal chi. She figured that ought to look interesting to Prince and Bio as the traditional blue-white glow would pop up for a second, only to be snuffled out. Finally, after what seemed like forever but was probably only a few minutes, she found a tendril of energy with a different feel and color to it. It reminded her of the stuff in the little device she was holding. She tracked that to it's source, almost losing it once or twice, but found it and began sending it to the device in her hands. When she figured she had enough, she opened her eyes to find the little device glowing far brighter than she'd expected. She surprise made her lose her handle on the energy, and the fast dissipation of it knocked her off her feet.

She shook her head a little, blinked once, then stood back up. "Oookay. Let's try that again," she muttered audibly.

#334 | Back to Top03-29-2009 10:20:29 PM

Prince_of_Stars
Someday Shiner
Website

Chani was flashing on and off like a lightbulb. Some of the light was her own; some of it was a different color. He was only a tad on edge; he didn't know if it was a good or bad thing, but it was interesting. He stared, wide eyed at the energy, and quite fascinated as Chani was blasted backward. He ran to her in an attempt to help her up. She was already on her feet though, so he stopped short, watching her as she tried again.

#335 | Back to Top05-31-2009 04:18:05 AM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

*Bio noticed the Psi-Amp react to Chani's energy flow as the dissolution of gathered energy literally threw the woman off her feet. He walked up to her, worried...*

Are you all right? You must have drawn on too much power, because my Psi-Amp is tuned for low power...

*The Alien picked up the Psi-Amp and, checking it for damage, found none. He handed the device back to Chani as he spoke.*

Don't focus all your energy. Try to keep most of it in reserve, like a holding tank in your mind. You don't need that much energy to stop me from using my own abilities. If you need a little visual help, I'm willing to lend you my mind for the purpose. *He paused for a beat, then continued.* I've found that sometimes visuals can help an untrained warrior get a better understanding of the differences between natural spirit energy and the sentient psionic energy.

#336 | Back to Top07-22-2009 11:15:24 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

This post isn't going to be deleted since the roleplay has died. Mods, feel free to archive this thread in any fashion you wish!

The Neidarian eventually herded his friends aboard the UFO and returned to Earth. A week later, he was hit in the head by an errant fireball of Prince's. Two weeks passed, and the others finally returned. But something had changed about the Alien. He killed Prince's girlfriend, raped Kaelyndra's puppy, borrowed Chani's car and didn't fill it with gas, and ate the last of Triffy's Hot Pockets. Again.

That night, the Shinobi swore ultimate vengeance upon BioKraze, and when Cassandra made her morning checkup on her master, she found his brainstem pierced by a pair of Sai daggers and a dozen shuriken. His bowels had been eviscerated with what looked to be a fish knife and arranged tastefully around the room, in accordance with proper feng shui. When the others asked what she thought, she merely stated that he had it coming to him all along, and she was going to leave Earth for an unspecified amount of time with the Debonair. They agreed, and that was the last of the rogue Alien anybody had seen or spoken of since...

Two months later, a massive volcano erupted from the top of the mountain, drowning all the Shinobi and the village in countless layers of scorching lava and searing gasses...

Last edited by BioKraze (09-04-2009 02:14:12 PM)

Board footer