This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top04-21-2012 07:24:34 AM

wblstudios
Banned

Potential Chatomatic and Self-Destruction?

Here's the situation.

I live with my parents, trying to help take care of them while I look for a job so I can finally get to a place where I never have to see my father again.  My father, however, is obsessed with the internet to the point of physically taking his modem with him to work.

However, my mother is taking him on a trip, starting next Saturday, to celebrate her birthday (three months late) to the Grand Canyon.  And, from all accounts, unlike the last two big trips they took, she's going to force him to leave the modem and computer here so I can get online for the mere week they're gone.

I say this because I really, really feel like I'm starting to connect with this community.  But thanks to the unrealistic computer restrictions my internet-addicted father fosters (addictions that my mother can't make a dent in when he physically takes the modem and computer to work with him), I can't make any of your regularly scheduled chats.  But with this, I feel things might have a chance of changing, just for one week.

So I have a question.

Anyone interested in having a Chatomatic with the IRGBalcony tag on Sunday, April 29th?  Maybe around 8PM?  Or maybe a few days later.

I'd love to get a chance to talk to some more of you in person and really feel more of this camraderie that exists here.  And until I finally get my own place and my own job, this might be the last opportunity.  If it happens.

In fact, anyone who knows me knows I live out in the sticks, deep south hillbilly cousin-lovin country.  With no car.  And odds are my best friend Josef is going to be busy that week.  So I'll actually be trapped alone in the house for a week.  A forced staycation.

Once this staycation starts, on the 29th, would anyone be interested in me doing a real-time, week-long staycation self-destructive spiral live blog post board thingy?  I would start a post here as soon as the trip started, and let you people get into my deepest, sickest inner-most thoughts while I try to cook Japanese food, look for a job, go through the 30+ movies on the DVR, and eventually just degenrate completely into madness by week's end.

Just a warning.  This is over a week from now, and things can still go pear-shaped for the whole plan.

I've got a pretty good idea that my father's trying to bait me into screwing up so that he has an excuse to take the modem and computer with him.  For example, he actually started cursing me out, while I was writing this, cursing up a storm because I opened a door for my mother.  So he can still wreck this.

But those are my ideas.  And as of now, supposedly for now, that's my plan.

#2 | Back to Top04-21-2012 08:38:39 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Re: Potential Chatomatic and Self-Destruction?

I don't think I'm up for the self-destruction part, but the chato sounds nice!  I may not be able to get on until a little later in the evening, since I spend part of Sunday evening driving from Fort Myers to Tampa, but when I get home I'll pop on. emot-smile

#3 | Back to Top04-21-2012 12:40:29 PM

wblstudios
Banned

Sounds like a plan.  I hope I'll be able to hold up my end of the deal.

Post 500 WHOOT.

#4 | Back to Top04-21-2012 05:03:38 PM

Rotten Mooring
Precious One

I'm there. cool

Ditto: satyr on the self-destruction thing, but I'm all for Sunday~

#5 | Back to Top04-21-2012 09:20:52 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Next Sunday? Someone remind me and I'll do my best. Just keep in mind that Games of Thrones time so I may scream maniacally about how awesome Tyrion is.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#6 | Back to Top04-22-2012 12:35:56 AM

Chrome Homura
Poor Saionji :(

Sounds good to me. I'll do my best to keep it in mind emot-keke

I am no longer here. If you wish to find me, my discord username is Heroic_Spirit_Gomikubi.

#7 | Back to Top04-22-2012 02:34:42 AM

Rebel Prince
Mikage Mistruster

Definitely definitely definitely. I don't really know you, but I'd like to get to know everyone emot-smile

#8 | Back to Top04-22-2012 07:32:53 PM

wblstudios
Banned

Allegedly, my parents are leaving at 6AM on April 29th, so I will know if they leave the modem here or not, if I can get online while they're away or not.

If they leave the modem, it's on for April 29, 8PM at IRGBalcony.

If not, I'll stop by my associate Josef's and let you all know.

#9 | Back to Top04-25-2012 07:21:13 AM

wblstudios
Banned

Well... I spoke to my mother this morning.

Turns out she lied to me.

She said she was going to leave the computer and the modem, so I could finally chat with you guys.

She lied.

It looks like the chat is still on, that all the big names are going to be there.  I might try to purchase a temporary modem for the 29th, although those cost 80 bucks baseline and charge by the MB, not by the hour.  I would be spending my whole food budget for the next two weeks on a modem, and I don't know how long that time would last, as the account cards don't even tell you how many MB you get for the card, or how many MB you get to start out with.

I might be able to stop by Josef's, since that night is the night of Extreme Rules, but I really feel bad about going over to his place just to use the internet, especially since he's got a job opportunity that monday morning.  He's such a good friend that he wouldn't say anything, but I wouldn't feel right doing it to him.

The library isn't open that late.  I live in the boondocks, where there's no internet cafes open that late.

I'm sorry.

I was stupid to think my father would do anything that would get in the way of his masturbating with his modem, even when he's not going to be in the state for an entire week.  I got everyone's hopes up.  I'm sorry.  I'm real sorry.

I hope the chat goes on.  I really do.  And I really hope you all have fun.

#10 | Back to Top04-25-2012 11:56:25 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

WBL, if I've correctly understood a tenth of what you've said about your living situation on the forums and in email, you need to get out of there.  You're living with people who are miserable and it is making you miserable.  You can't earn a living from where you are, and if you can't do that and you won't get out then your options are pretty much "rot" or "be rescued by the hand of God."  I'm sorry. emot-frown  If it were me, I'd apply to schools with need-based scholarships, and be fully prepared to take out lots of student loans.  Can that be any worse than what you've got going on now?

Anyway -- I am still up for the chat, and I'll still log on when I finish my usual Sunday commute.

#11 | Back to Top04-25-2012 12:16:48 PM

wblstudios
Banned

I have a job interview coming in a couple of weeks, and I'm seriously looking into homeless shelters closer to town.  I live out in the sticks.

I'm sorry this thread took such a down turn.

Board footer