This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top10-30-2006 09:33:00 PM

Suyo
Tenjou Tilter

The Game

I've read alot about the game and stuff
in some AMVs on youtube, i've seen some stuff about it

I really want to see Juri Vs. Miki!!!!!

Does anyone have
or
know where to get

these videos?

May those who accept their fate be granted happiness. May those who defy it be granted Glory.

#2 | Back to Top10-30-2006 11:29:52 PM

UtenaFanGirl
Ballgoer
Website

Re: The Game

'-' Chigusa....*drools* etc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-love *_*

u-u if only i have played the game....emot-mad i want to...

'_' wait maybe i can find it in rom form....

Chu chuu CHU!!!!

#3 | Back to Top10-30-2006 11:38:24 PM

Rosemary Bats
Mikage Mistruster

There used to be an AMAZING music video with almost all the game duels on Youtube (Utena vs. Chigusa, Jury vs. Miki, Jury vs. Touga, Jury vs. Saionji, Miki vs. Touga, Miki vs. Saionji, Saionji vs. Touga) but they took it down due to "copyright infringement." emot-gonk I miss it.

Last edited by Rosemary Bats (10-30-2006 11:40:16 PM)

WARNING: Rabid fangirl and well of useless trivia; wielder of endless random theories; pervy fancier of all things Anthy and/or Chigusa.
-I have the honor of playing Tenjou Utena on LJ's wonderful UTENA_RPG.-

#4 | Back to Top10-30-2006 11:51:56 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

UtenaFanGirl wrote:

'-' Chigusa....*drools* etc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-loveetc-love *_*

u-u if only i have played the game....emot-mad i want to...

'_' wait maybe i can find it in rom form....

The thread you want is here:
http://forums.ohtori.nu/viewtopic.php?id=60

And... no, sorry, I don't know where to find videos of the duels emot-frown

#5 | Back to Top10-31-2006 12:08:56 AM

angelicreation
The Breast Saviour
Website

Rosemary Bats wrote:

There used to be an AMAZING music video with almost all the game duels on Youtube (Utena vs. Chigusa, Jury vs. Miki, Jury vs. Touga, Jury vs. Saionji, Miki vs. Touga, Miki vs. Saionji, Saionji vs. Touga) but they took it down due to "copyright infringement." emot-gonk I miss it.

Oh, yeah!  It was to Particle Dance.  i loved that video.  Very well done, especially the part near the end where they have two of the duelists saluting/presenting at the same time.  Beautifully done, excellent overlay.  I used to have it on my favorites.  YouTube blows sometimes.

Life is short: break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o202/ninjasin/fate1pu4-1.jpg

#6 | Back to Top10-31-2006 12:32:50 AM

UtenaFanGirl
Ballgoer
Website

lol it aint like the game opening....XD that killed me and my gut

Chu chuu CHU!!!!

#7 | Back to Top10-31-2006 07:03:15 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

I have all the videos of the duels. They're very short little bits though so that music video must have been on speed. I should be able to host the videos on the site for a bit so you guys can grab them, I'll post again about it when I get home. emot-smile

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#8 | Back to Top10-31-2006 07:05:45 AM

Lotte
Saionji Slapper

Giovanna wrote:

I have all the videos of the duels. They're very short little bits though so that music video must have been on speed. I should be able to host the videos on the site for a bit so you guys can grab them, I'll post again about it when I get home. emot-smile

Marry me.

I don't really know what the story/objective was of the game, but Chigusa was awfully pretty, and I'm pretty much a sucker for anything involving Utena...

#9 | Back to Top10-31-2006 03:20:40 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Lotte wrote:

Giovanna wrote:

Marry me.

I don't really know what the story/objective was of the game, but Chigusa was awfully pretty, and I'm pretty much a sucker for anything involving Utena...

Or not. emot-gonk I'm sorry, I don't seem to have the videos anymore...I don't know where they went, I must have had to delete them in a crash. emot-frown

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.

#10 | Back to Top10-31-2006 09:01:46 PM

Dani
IRG Messiah

angelicreation wrote:

Rosemary Bats wrote:

Oh, yeah!  It was to Particle Dance.  i loved that video.  Very well done, especially the part near the end where they have two of the duelists saluting/presenting at the same time.  Beautifully done, excellent overlay.  I used to have it on my favorites.  YouTube blows sometimes.

You can watch that video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG9VUWiQPpQ

Also, I have the video files from the game somewhere. I will look. It would be seriously great to translate the game too.

#11 | Back to Top11-01-2006 08:09:39 PM

Suyo
Tenjou Tilter

Lotte wrote:

Giovanna wrote:

Marry me.

The objective of the game? There really wasn't any..

It's like a daiting sim etc-love

You go around the campus befriending the people and depending on what your affection for the characters are at the end, you'll get a certain ending ie: anthy ending, chigusa ending, juri ending etc..

May those who accept their fate be granted happiness. May those who defy it be granted Glory.

#12 | Back to Top11-01-2006 08:11:06 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Dani wrote:

Also, I have the video files from the game somewhere. I will look. It would be seriously great to translate the game too.

If you find 'em lemme know, I'll be more than happy to host. emot-smile

#13 | Back to Top11-01-2006 08:49:31 PM

Ivy-chan
Unfulfilled Juror

I vaguely recall that Chigusa is the points-stealing antagonist and she has a history vaguely similar to Mikage's, but that is all I know. Could anyone enlighten me further? emot-confused

If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulders of giants.
-Isaac Newton

#14 | Back to Top11-01-2006 09:37:50 PM

G&Ysnumber1fan
Tenjou Tilter
Website

Tis a shame...I don't know how to use Mugen....
Cause I would soo totally make Mugen characters from Utena the game...

Akio..and James Brown(R.I.P.) have two things in common:
1)They are sex machines...
2)They are the only ones that could possibly make jumping over the windshield of a car look effortless..

#15 | Back to Top11-01-2006 09:38:55 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

What's a Mugen, precious? Can we eats it? *gollum gollum*

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#16 | Back to Top11-01-2006 09:44:02 PM

G&Ysnumber1fan
Tenjou Tilter
Website

Erm...
Here are some examples of what is Mugen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73gZZcT9n6c Homer Simpson vs. Iori Yagami

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0vKjPmiLVg Sailor Moon vs. Mario YES Itsa Me Mario

Akio..and James Brown(R.I.P.) have two things in common:
1)They are sex machines...
2)They are the only ones that could possibly make jumping over the windshield of a car look effortless..

#17 | Back to Top11-01-2006 09:49:07 PM

Dani
IRG Messiah

Giovanna wrote:

Dani wrote:

If you find 'em lemme know, I'll be more than happy to host. emot-smile

Okay, I am re-ripping and converting the files. There are many and I'm about 1/3 the way through. No sound though just the video. I will try to work on adding sound. I'd be happy to donate them when I'm done. They are AVI files so I will string them together in good size chunks.  Er, some interesting action too. Showers and such.

If anyone else has ripped the game with sound, please let me know.

Ivy-chan wrote:

I vaguely recall that Chigusa is the points-stealing antagonist and she has a history vaguely similar to Mikage's, but that is all I know. Could anyone enlighten me further? emot-confused

This website pretty much covers it: http://moonreading.lunarpages.com/utena/

Last edited by Dani (11-01-2006 10:00:47 PM)

#18 | Back to Top11-28-2006 05:01:14 PM

BioKraze
Faceless Master

The game was released for Sega Saturn, and I've heard stuff about ripping the CD to an ISO file, suitable for ROM emulation. The Sega emulator I have, Gens9x, emulates the Genesis and other things (need a BIOS file for Saturn emulation, though...haven't been able to find one...) But I've also heard that the Saturn was a damn fickle console, way back in the dark days before the Playstation came out. Maybe we'll all get lucky and have a PS2/PS3 version of the Utena video game released? emot-wink

It's certainly possible, if you think about it. Write letters in to the game producer, the show producer, Sony, Sega (which I think got swallowed by Nintendo)...anybody who'll listen and deliver! If there is enough demand, our call to arms will produce results!! school-devil

Roses have thorns to stop those who would dare deny their right to live.
Razara's Postulate: For every lover of lesbians out there, there is an equal and opposite attraction to Dippin' Dots.

#19 | Back to Top11-28-2006 05:15:35 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#20 | Back to Top11-28-2006 05:31:23 PM

Dani
IRG Messiah

Yes! Next project = translate the Utena game in its entirety! But as of now, you can download the game and emulator (page 4 in the thread above) and a walk through of the game is here http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/saturn/game/574364.html. Have fun!

Hmm, maybe we should axe this thread in favor of the other one? Also, having the links buried on page 4 of the other thread seems hard to find too. Maybe everything can be moved to a website eventually...

Board footer