This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top07-02-2010 11:30:05 PM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

Re: UTENA Back in North America!!

allegoriest wrote:

[edit:] Really? I hated the fanstuff they put in with the movie DVD. I thought it was really stupid. :\

This is Nozomi. I don't think there should be cause for alarm. They get it. emot-smile

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HERdW38xV_c/S5xZ2QVrIwI/AAAAAAAAApg/uNpckSbLgUw/s800/utenaban.jpg

#27 | Back to Top07-02-2010 11:41:14 PM

BlackRoseVixen
Snowdrop Lover
Website

I seriously can't wait for the release etc-love I hope it's not too pricey!

The Saionji Support Squad: Believing in True Friendship Since 2006.

Hat Mafia Member: The Vixen

#28 | Back to Top07-02-2010 11:56:20 PM

allegoriest
Delicious Duellist
Website

Imaginary Bad Bug wrote:

allegoriest wrote:

[edit:] Really? I hated the fanstuff they put in with the movie DVD. I thought it was really stupid. :\

This is Nozomi. I don't think there should be cause for alarm. They get it. emot-smile

No, I hated the entire section. I don't know why they need that.
Unless the fans are the production staff and they each drew us a picture. That would be nice.
Or other famous anime/manga people.

#29 | Back to Top07-03-2010 12:11:44 AM

chrisb
Eternal Eschatologist

teyhy wrote:

Anyhow, did that ending actually made to the TVs? I can just imagine the thousand parents of outrage screaming at Be-papas' door clamoring for Ikuhara... maybe Ms. Saito is his rose bride

Actually it never aired on TV according to the uploader. Also I think I read that Chiho Sato didn't want the characters to kiss at all so they could never actually show it, only tease or imply.

allegoriest wrote:

I think he meat 39 seconds into his clip. XD

Yeah sorry to have confused you teyhy!

You mean like... The same extras as the other DVDs? I don't care for the commercials personally. I didn't like them. D:

GASP how did you not like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqPeu-DqYn8

Seazer karaoke is weird though. (I DO IT AT EVERY PARTY. AND YOU BETTER TOO IF YOU'RE COMING.)

Actually I meant the duel themes playing during the duels themselves but without the characters talking. But Seazer karaoke is still cool "AMONITE!"

I think that video is an edit, since I think the image is in the garrerly. (I assume it is, cause I know I have it anyway...) And it just... doesn't fit right really.

Hm the uploader mentioned in the descriptions that that version of the ending had come with a magazine.

Last edited by chrisb (07-03-2010 12:16:29 AM)

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a358/clow987/Christmas2011SSSigGift.png

#30 | Back to Top07-03-2010 12:28:25 AM

allegoriest
Delicious Duellist
Website

I love THAT preview. And only that preview.

But not the TV and OST previews. I hate them bad. emot-mad

And holy crap I can't spell 'gallery.'

#31 | Back to Top07-03-2010 12:46:17 AM

ShinraiTenchi
Saionji Slapper

Ahh, this is FANTASTIC news.  Utena will finally get the Region 1 release it deserves!  I can't wait emot-biggrin

The moonlight carries a message of love.

#32 | Back to Top07-03-2010 08:58:09 AM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

allegoriest wrote:

Imaginary Bad Bug wrote:

allegoriest wrote:

No, I hated the entire section. I don't know why they need that.
Unless the fans are the production staff and they each drew us a picture. That would be nice.
Or other famous anime/manga people.

From what little info has trickled out so far, it look like some of the fan related stuff may be fan-submitted questions for the show's creators (Ikuni maybe?), or maybe they'll do names in credits for early preorders, which has precendent from Nozomi. (Didn't they do that for Emma, Mylene?) Again, I'm not concerned that Nozomi's fan content for the release will be "tacky" or anything.

Nozomi made sure to get the remastered edition. Their packaging will blow CPM's out of the water. They know it's fans like us which are going to be the primary buyers. They know expectations are extremely high for this release. Nozomi will not disappoint us! emot-smile This is the company that put two subtitle tracks on Mari-mite. One with honorifics and one without, because they are that integral to that particular series and they knew that many fans wouldn't settle for less. And they got all of the omake specials for that series too.

Nozomi's Utena release will be the shining jewel in my anime collection, and many others including most of us here, I imagine. emot-keke

Last edited by Imaginary Bad Bug (07-03-2010 09:03:28 AM)

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_HERdW38xV_c/S5xZ2QVrIwI/AAAAAAAAApg/uNpckSbLgUw/s800/utenaban.jpg

#33 | Back to Top07-03-2010 12:26:40 PM

Malacoda
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)

There are no proper words to describe this awesome news. etc-loveetc-loveetc-love

#34 | Back to Top07-03-2010 02:55:20 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

I'm psyched to hear all the love for Nozomi. I've been out of the anime loop long enough not to know who they are, but if you guys trust 'em, I trust 'em. emot-dance emot-dance

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#35 | Back to Top07-03-2010 04:18:16 PM

Mylene
Fighting Evil By Moonlight

Giovanna wrote:

I'm psyched to hear all the love for Nozomi. I've been out of the anime loop long enough not to know who they are, but if you guys trust 'em, I trust 'em. emot-dance emot-dance

Back in the day, they released things like Kare Kano and Irresponsible Captain Tylor under the name The Right Stuf International. TRSI is also one of the biggest anime retailers, and eventually decided to split off their production side under the name Nozomi.

#36 | Back to Top07-03-2010 04:59:10 PM

Lightice
Azure Paleontologist

Wohoo! emot-dance

Great news! But I'm glad for once that it's still a year away; I'm almost broke, and I'd hate to see the series out when I can't get it.
This'll be the first time I'll buy a series that I already own, but the current DVDs have such atrocious quality that I consider it money well spent.

Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!

#37 | Back to Top07-03-2010 05:35:24 PM

Calamity
High Tripper

I buy a ton of stuff from their retailer side, so it make me pretty pleased to know they're the ones rescuing Utena. etc-love

ETA: I just checked Right Stuf's coming soon page to see if they put anything up about the announcement and almost had a seizure of love emot-tongue :

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/comingS … -jjh0-7fg/

*swoon* ILY Right Stuf/Nozomi

Last edited by Calamity (07-03-2010 06:11:40 PM)

#38 | Back to Top07-03-2010 07:20:29 PM

Mylene

More News!

They've got the movie too! (Source)

#39 | Back to Top07-03-2010 07:21:18 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Gio, I vote we contact Nozomi to tell them we will buy this product and/or service and that they should take a look at this thread right here to see what the fans are wanting.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#40 | Back to Top07-03-2010 07:30:21 PM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

Seconded! etc-love

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#41 | Back to Top07-03-2010 07:40:01 PM

Mylene

Yasha wrote:

Gio, I vote we contact Nozomi to tell them we will buy this product and/or service and that they should take a look at this thread right here to see what the fans are wanting.

Shawne Kleckner (Right Stuf/Nozomi president) is extremely responsive.  He's actually pretty good at responding to posts over at Anime News Network and other places, so seriously, go for it.

#42 | Back to Top07-03-2010 08:28:36 PM

Shoroie
Saionji Slapper
Website

My head exploded from reading this. I can finally have the complete series! I'm honestly just happy someone picked up the series. Any extras on the DVD is fine. Although, I wouldn't mind having mini art book of sorts. (Hint Hint) etc-love

#43 | Back to Top07-03-2010 08:35:22 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Heh, I already emailed the contact for PR/Marketing off their site to congratulate them and let them know there was a huge happy fanbase waiting for their efforts. emot-smile

I didn't link them to EM, since I didn't want to seem like site spamming...also I'm not sure how kosher some of my behavior is to legal copyright owners. I don't want to be told to take down my gallery. emot-frown

Edit: When I get a response, I will probably suggest/ask if they are also going to get the CDs. Because god knows any one of us that buys the DVDs would as eagerly buy the CD box set to go with them.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#44 | Back to Top07-03-2010 10:58:53 PM

Imaginary Bad Bug
Revolutionary
Website

Mylene wrote:

More News!

They've got the movie too! (Source)

CPM's DVD is pretty good, but you can be certain I'll be double dipping on the movie, too!

Giovanna wrote:

Heh, I already emailed the contact for PR/Marketing off their site to congratulate them and let them know there was a huge happy fanbase waiting for their efforts. emot-smile

I didn't link them to EM, since I didn't want to seem like site spamming...also I'm not sure how kosher some of my behavior is to legal copyright owners. I don't want to be told to take down my gallery. emot-frown

More than that, there's that whole thread with the torrent of the Japanese DVDs.  IMO that torrent should be killed now.

Last edited by Imaginary Bad Bug (07-03-2010 11:01:21 PM)

#45 | Back to Top07-04-2010 06:55:22 AM

Calamity
High Tripper

I'll definitely be double dipping on the movie as well considering my copy of the CPM DVD has wonky subtitles so I have to listen to the dub during certain scenes to get the whole story, and I'd much rather stick to the Japanese track. etc-love I didn't want to import the cd boxset for the price since I have 4 of the original master cds, but if they bring it over here as well I'll gladly grab it (especially if they do include the Utena in the Club cd, since I've been listening to that straight for the past week. emot-tongue)

#46 | Back to Top07-04-2010 07:41:13 AM

Mylene

I'm not sure about the CDs, although they did bring over the Boogiepop Phantom OSTs (Kajiura Yuki was the composer.)  Most of the other series they have don't have that memorable of soundtracks, but perhaps if they view SKU like Boogiepop, we might get lucky.

I hope they do like they have with some of their other series and come out with limited edition lithographs and other small bits of merchandise.  They don't do many of them, but they're very high quality.

Last edited by Mylene (07-04-2010 07:41:26 AM)

#47 | Back to Top07-04-2010 08:10:21 AM

Calamity
High Tripper

If they do view SKU like Boogiepop I'd be pretty damn pleased since both series mean so much to me, and both have soundtracks I listen to regularly. They *might* bring them over since their retailer side does sell some of the original master soundtracks (that's where I got my copies of OST 2 and 4). I'll keep my fingers crossed. emot-smile

#48 | Back to Top07-04-2010 08:25:32 AM

Mylene

Calamity wrote:

If they do view SKU like Boogiepop I'd be pretty damn pleased since both series mean so much to me, and both have soundtracks I listen to regularly. They *might* bring them over since their retailer side does sell some of the original master soundtracks (that's where I got my copies of OST 2 and 4). I'll keep my fingers crossed. emot-smile

That's not really an indicator though, because they sell anything anime-related, and those OSTs were brought over by Geneon, not Right Stuf/Nozomi.  Back in the day, Geneon had a habit of licensing OSTs for just about everything, including series that other licensors had released.  Right Stuf carries all Geneon releases, including OSTs that happen to be SKU.  And I don't think they were particularly hot sellers (especially given how long they've been OOP and yet, they still have them in stock).  Still, they might do it, but only based on the Boogiepop precedence.

That said, the Japanese imports really aren't all that expensive, especially compared to normal Japanese CD prices.  When you split out the price by the number of CDs, you're paying ~$13 per CD--and you get a booklet and neat artbox with it.  I'm not sure how much cheaper Right Stuf would be able to make it, plus they would have to negotiate yet another license agreement, since the music is copyrighted by JA Seazer, etc.

#49 | Back to Top07-04-2010 09:31:03 AM

Calamity
High Tripper

Awr, this is a good point. If worse comes to worse I might import the cd boxset if it doesn't come here. I'm really only torn because I don't know just how much it differs from the cds I already own, even if the actual boxset is lovely.

#50 | Back to Top07-04-2010 10:33:27 AM

Mylene

Calamity wrote:

Awr, this is a good point. If worse comes to worse I might import the cd boxset if it doesn't come here. I'm really only torn because I don't know just how much it differs from the cds I already own, even if the actual boxset is lovely.

The 4 you have are likely duplicated in the boxset, although I believe they remastered the audio and put them on HQCDs (sorry, just got in from a bike ride and am too hot and tired to go double-check.)  Basically the box is all of the original OSTs, a wonky Ikuni remix, the musical OST, and a set of tracks from JA Seazer that seem to have no relevance to SKU at all.  So you'll definitely be getting 6 new CDs out of the mix.

Last edited by Mylene (07-04-2010 10:33:41 AM)

Board footer