This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top09-18-2015 04:44:58 PM

zevrem
Banned

Where does everyone get their news?

I mostly just check in on Reuters because they're so dedicated to being unbiased, even going to the point of refusing to call Islamic militants "terrorists." Only problem is that they look at everything from a "view at 15000 feet" perspective, so for the most part they only talk about war, billion dollar deals, and elections. But they're still indispensable, and they wouldn't be able to take a closer look without breaking their objectivity.

Who do you tap for news?

The real purpose of elections is to make the people hate each other more than they hate their government.

#2 | Back to Top09-19-2015 02:09:50 PM

Yams
Nest Boxer

Re: Where does everyone get their news?

Yahoo! news which is total and absolute trash. But I've just been using it for so long its hard to switch.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

#3 | Back to Top09-20-2015 12:31:31 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

Al Jazeera English is good. I also like BBC America for local news, the Beeb definitely has its biases, but it's a little more neutral talking about the US than talking about the UK.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#4 | Back to Top09-20-2015 06:13:47 PM

Decrescent Daytripper
Best Disney Princess

Mix of Indian Country Today,  BBC, Queerty, Jezebel, AP, local news, phys.org, and industry-specific sites. Lots and lots of word of mouth, of course, since people talk and it's good to listen.

For me, the important thing is not to pretend any source isn't biased in some way. Objective journalism does not exist. Fair journalism might exist, but objective, no, not in the sense of lacking bias or agenda. If science and politics can accept that observation includes picking a side and affecting the outcomes, than journalism is well to do the same, and news audiences even more so.

My Brain is the Wakaba and Shiori Funtime Hour. With limited commercial interruption.

#5 | Back to Top09-20-2015 08:11:12 PM

gpink
Eternal Castellan

Bloomberg, NPR, The New York Times, Local Newspaper, The Economist and industry specific titles.

Board footer