This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#126 | Back to Top09-01-2010 10:37:03 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Re: [SKU Text Adventure???] Miracles Never Cease

Notebook Darling wrote:

emot-rofl touga is very receptive to Akio's occasional input? lolol.

Haha, I'm telling you, it's so much fun to write blatant subtext emot-rofl

If you feel stuck, you can always ask for a hint!  emot-smile

#127 | Back to Top09-01-2010 01:00:23 PM

Notebook Darling
Black Rosarian
Website

satyreyes wrote:

Notebook Darling wrote:

Why can't I find touga D: ?

#128 | Back to Top09-01-2010 08:46:45 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Notebook Darling wrote:

satyreyes wrote:

Notebook Darling wrote:

Why can't I find touga D: ?

Hmm, that's not quite the right question emot-smile  The real question is, where is Juri, and can I pick her up?  You don't need to call in the expert on girl trouble until you have some girl trouble!  Does that help?

#129 | Back to Top09-06-2010 01:57:55 PM

liarakon
Juri Jeerer
Website

Is there a way to play this on a Mac? Or am I just being particularly dim? o:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/Liarakon/coronataprofilewithoutbox.jpg

#130 | Back to Top09-06-2010 02:29:59 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

liarakon wrote:

Is there a way to play this on a Mac? Or am I just being particularly dim? o:

Maybe!  I've only ever played it on a PC and I haven't used a Mac since high school, but "z-code interpreters" -- the technical name for what Frotz is -- do exist for the Mac.  Try Zoom; it looks like you should be able to load and play Miracles Never Cease on OS X using Zoom as your interpreter.  Hope this helps!  emot-smile

#131 | Back to Top09-10-2010 07:38:53 AM

Notebook Darling
Black Rosarian
Website

this game is taking me too long D: <

EDIT: GETTING SOMEWHERE. Yay~!

Another edit: YAY I WON 8D

Last edited by Notebook Darling (09-10-2010 08:39:37 AM)

#132 | Back to Top09-10-2010 12:31:00 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Yay for sudden breakthroughs!  Congratulations, Darling!  emot-biggrin

#133 | Back to Top09-23-2010 08:24:26 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Dallbun linked to my thread on Ohtori's geography in the Animage translation thread, which reminded me (more than a year later) that I originally made that thread as research for the layout of this text adventure emot-smile  You guys really helped me out.  Thank you!  I tried to get most of the geography right, but I had to make some guesses.  I also knowingly committed the sin of making the forest face north instead of west, because it made navigation feel more intuitive, like a compass rose.  If I lived at Ohtori I would think of that way as north anyway.  [/excuses, excuses]

I also categorically remember writing a fic, which began ">look at girl", that was intended to serve as a prequel to MNC.  But I can't find it anymore.  emot-frown

#134 | Back to Top09-24-2010 10:03:56 AM

Tenjou_sailorsaturn
Someday Shiner
Website

At last I dare to try this adventure after I've finished the fic for sharnii. Really a nice treat for me. I will let you know the feedback later.

生命是奇蹟,但是為什麼生活是痛苦的?

#135 | Back to Top12-17-2010 10:01:11 AM

bella
Atlantean Singer

So, I downloaded this game a while ago, forgot about it when school started up, and am back to playing it again. It is clever, witty, well thought out, and challenging. You're brilliant, Satyr (you know that, right?) emot-smile Thank you *so* much for creating this. It's really, really fun. etc-love

I think this *might* have been mentioned somewhere in this thread before, but I'm having a lot of trouble triggering the akio camera event. I have the camera. I've tried commands like "show Akio camera," "ask akio about camera," "take picture of akio," "take a shot of akio," etc. Nothing seems to work, and the Shadow Girl hint that keeps coming up is the "Below the Belt" one, which I'm having trouble interpreting.emot-gonk Can anyone give me any additional hints or anything to point me in the right direction?

Happy Holidays Everyone! :3

#136 | Back to Top12-17-2010 11:20:27 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Yeah, many of those commands are things that I should have implemented.  The right thing to do, actually, is to just try and steal the camera outright: take the camera and try to leave the tower.  Akio won't let you.  emot-wink

#137 | Back to Top12-21-2010 07:11:49 PM

bella
Atlantean Singer

See, now it seems obvious. Why didn't I try that? emot-rofl Thanks satyr.

Happy Holidays Everyone! :3

#138 | Back to Top10-08-2013 09:20:18 PM

Dallbun
Tour Guide to Crawling Chaos

Hey satyr et al, the link to the game seems to be broken. Could it be repaired? I had a hankering to play though this again, and certainly it needs to be highlighted on the forum again anyway, for those who haven't played it!

#139 | Back to Top10-08-2013 09:29:21 PM

Frau Eva
Voodoo Queen

I think the original link is dead for downloading it, if there is intent on upping the thread so new people can play it. I was certainly disappointed. emot-frown

Hat Mafia Member

#140 | Back to Top10-08-2013 09:31:29 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Aww, I'm flattered someone remembers this old project emot-smile  Link fixed.  The game is downloadable and the thread is once again open for business, if anyone feels like playing and has questions, comments, or flames.

#141 | Back to Top10-10-2013 11:45:32 AM

Snow
Troublesome Insect

I'm a bit (too) late with discovering this but...wow! It's amazing. Loving every minute of it. This must have taken a lot of work, and it shows.
Shame SLAP SAIONJI didn't work though...so I resorted to flirting with him instead emot-biggrin

Thanks for making this satyreyes! you are awesome! etc-love

Last edited by Snow (10-10-2013 11:53:15 AM)

#142 | Back to Top10-10-2013 11:51:23 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Aw, thank you!  emot-smile  I should have thought of SLAP SAIONJI.  In the kendo dojo, in the middle of practice, in front of his teammates -- that would be pretty gutsy!

#143 | Back to Top01-03-2016 04:29:04 PM

Clairytron
New Student

I know this is really old, but I remember playing this adventure text game ages ago and would like to play it again. Would it be possible to fix the broken link?

#144 | Back to Top01-03-2016 04:50:34 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Oh wow, I took it down by accident -- thanks for alerting me!  The link should work now.  I hope you enjoy the game a second time. etc-love

#145 | Back to Top01-04-2016 04:07:49 AM

Clairytron
New Student

Thank you so much!

#146 | Back to Top01-04-2016 06:36:28 PM

Rocko52
Wakaba Wrangler

Hey there! I know this game is old - but I just started to play a few hours ago - and I'm really stuck. I read through some of the early posts here and there's all this talk about gloves & pamphlets. The problem is I already have that stuff - but just as a result of picking up/searching random stuff heh. So I've been going in circles for a while & it took me a bit to realize I could actually go in the tower (lol) and from there I went to Touga. So it seems I have to set up Shiori some how & also need to find the key to the elevator. I feel directionless though - I've gone to every building and character multiple times now & asked them a lot. I've asked everyone about Shiori and everything seems to point to "another high schooler" knowing - and there's the shadow girl psychic play which seems to suggest I should just ask someone who knows. So I've asked Shiori about herself many times over by now (at the very start & now that I'm desperate lol) and I gather she likes art & birds...those words don't trigger anything though. Asking Saionji about her only made another reference to the Rose Ring which he still won't say anything about....so I just feel hard pressed lol. Call me stupid or whatever lol but I feel very lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#147 | Back to Top01-04-2016 06:51:18 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Setting up Shiori: [So she's interested in rings?  Interesting.  I wonder if you can get your hands on one.  Isn't there someone who gives those out?]

Opening the elevator: [Who was the last person to have the keys?  Maybe she dropped them somewhere?]

Let me know if you need bigger hints. emot-wink

#148 | Back to Top01-04-2016 06:56:01 PM

Rocko52
Wakaba Wrangler

Wow thanks I had no idea you'd respond so quickly! (I'm new here if that wasn't obvious lol - I posted in the Intro board last night) This game is really good so far! I think I'll try to make my way with these clues - I'll tell you if I need help tho lol. BTW have you been at all thinking of making another game?

#149 | Back to Top01-04-2016 07:11:57 PM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

Rocko52 wrote:

Wow thanks I had no idea you'd respond so quickly! (I'm new here if that wasn't obvious lol - I posted in the Intro board last night) This game is really good so far! I think I'll try to make my way with these clues - I'll tell you if I need help tho lol. BTW have you been at all thinking of making another game?

Welcome to IRG! emot-smile  And thank you for the kind words about the game.  I started another one a long time ago.  It was going to be a spooky game starring Wakaba.  But it never really came together, mostly because I couldn't get the main puzzle mechanic to a place I felt satisfied with.  (Puzzles in parser games can be frustrating, as you may have noticed, and if even the author doesn't feel like the puzzles are fair or cool then there's no way the players are going to.)  I think it needs a ground-up reimagining.  Maybe it would work better as a Twine or ChoiceScript or something.  I'll give it some thought!

#150 | Back to Top01-04-2016 07:40:07 PM

Rocko52
Wakaba Wrangler

Sorry to ask another question so soon - but is there [a mailbox in the game?] If not - was Akio's clue in reference to [the gloves.] If so I already got those a long time ago as well as[ the other fencing gear. So I have the ring & fencing stuff...is there more I need to "remind" Shiori or Juri of the other - like the shadow play "nostalgia" hints at?]

Board footer