This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top07-21-2013 07:06:30 PM

Atropos
Atropos Turretslayer

Re: Akio/Dios and Master Morality/Slave Morality

Oh man, I have so many questions for you...like, which one would you choose?

#27 | Back to Top07-21-2013 07:11:42 PM

RhythmFusion
Rose Smilee

satyreyes wrote:

Davine's marvelous fic is a (highly) abridged rip of a famous scene from Atlas Shrugged, one of Ayn Rand's enormous books about how rich people are better than poor people and anyone who supports taxation is a parasite.  Anthy takes the role of John Galt, the book's mysteeeerious stealth protagonist, who believes that rich capitalists should form their own nation where there is no government and the strong survive and the weak starve to death.  Utena is playing Dagny Taggart, Ayn Rand's self-insert character, a railroad magnate who at first is slightly conflicted about letting poor people die on the streets but realizes as the book goes on that poor people deserve to die on the streets.  And Akio plays Mr. Thompson, the President of the United States, who is to Atlas Shrugged what Dr. Blight is to Captain Planet -- he is a communist dictator who regulates and nationalizes industries because it gives him a boner.

The scene is famous for John Galt's endless and tedious monologue over the radio, here delivered by Anthy, and the rest of the cast reacts the way many readers do. emot-rolleyes

No wonder Ayn Rand's name was anagramed and given to one of the main villains in Bioshock; what a douche.

"But screw your courage to the sticking place, and we'll not fail." ~ Lady Macbeth; Macbeth - Act One, Scene 7
"Crying is such hypocrisy. How can happiness cause the same reaction as sadness? Does pleasure share the same edge of the blade of life as pain?" - What His Crimson Eyes Believe in: Ch. 2

#28 | Back to Top07-21-2013 07:22:26 PM

Touga
Seitokaicho

Atropos wrote:

Oh man, I have so many questions for you...like, which one would you choose?

Rei is boring, and Misato is vulgar. Asuka is the best of a bad lot. At least she has some spirit and a sense of honor; those are always so attractive in a woman, don't you agree?

Not that I've ever watched this show, you understand. I only caught glimpses of it when I was over in Saionji's dorm.

#29 | Back to Top07-21-2013 07:25:22 PM

Saionji
Kendo Captain

Touga wrote:

Rei is boring, and Misato is vulgar. Asuka is the best of a bad lot. At least she has some spirit and a sense of honor; those are always so attractive in a woman, don't you agree?

Not that I've ever watched this show, you understand. I only caught glimpses of it when I was over in Saionji's dorm.

I'm surprised you even noticed, as absorbed as you were in The Game. Some of us prefer to disrespect women from a safe distance.

#30 | Back to Top07-25-2013 08:57:11 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Touga wrote:

Atropos wrote:

They're back! Yaaaaaaaay! etc-love

Darling, I know you missed me because my smooth voice is a perfect antidote to the horrible noise posted above. By all means, keep me at the forefront of your mind so your imagination can supply the content of those pictures. school-devil

I can't believe that crap works. emot-gonk

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

Board footer