This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top04-29-2012 04:59:07 AM

wblstudios
Banned

OFFICIAL IRGBALCONY CHATOMATIC THREAD (Tonight, 8PM Eastern)

While I'm not an actual moderator, since I was the one who suggested and arranged this whole thing in the first place, I thought it'd make sense if I put up and started the official thread (albeit 13 hours early).

So everyone, including Giovanna, has already RSVP'd that they're interested in coming.  So just hop on AIM tonight, in the IRGBalcony chat room, 8 PM Eastern, and we'll see you there!

Wait a minute.  Didn't this guy say he'd be unable to come?

Well... I'll be there!

Just don't ask me what I had to do to get a modem.

(Edited for spelling.  Good eye, Syora.)

Last edited by wblstudios (04-29-2012 09:10:48 AM)

#2 | Back to Top04-29-2012 09:00:20 AM

Syora
Presidential Accoster

Re: OFFICIAL IRGBALCONY CHATOMATIC THREAD (Tonight, 8PM Eastern)

wblstudios wrote:

Just don't ask me what I had to go to get a modem.

But it sounds like such a good story!

May not be there for the whole thing, but I should be around. See y'all there. emot-tongue

#3 | Back to Top04-29-2012 05:26:05 PM

wblstudios
Banned

I went ahead and created the room, but I just found out that there's going to be a pre-show for the WWE Extreme Rules PPV tonight, and it starts in a few minutes.  So any early-comers are welcome to hop in (IRGBalcony), but I may be unresponsive.

#4 | Back to Top04-29-2012 06:06:17 PM

wblstudios
Banned

Well... the chat has started... and only one other person's in the room... but it's Giovanna, so that's okay.

#5 | Back to Top04-29-2012 07:55:08 PM

wblstudios
Banned

[Removed at wbl's request.]

Last edited by satyreyes (05-26-2012 11:02:44 AM)

#6 | Back to Top04-29-2012 08:00:03 PM

Ashnod
La poétesse revolutionnaire
Website

And here I am sitting in an empty room, apparently not five minutes later.

Flowers without names blooming in the field can only sway in the wind. But I was born with a destiny of roses, born to live in passion and glory.

http://www.dark-kingdom.org/Gallery/osrgbanner.PNG
Hat Mafia Member: Little Dark Poet

#7 | Back to Top04-29-2012 08:24:51 PM

Chrome Homura
Poor Saionji :(

And here I got up on 4 hours of sleep because I wanted to be awake for this, only to zone out lurking FMA forums for 4 hours straight.

emot-rolleyes

edit: That said, I'll keep the room open if anyone wants to hop in, late as it may be...

Last edited by Chrome Homura (04-29-2012 08:25:46 PM)

I am no longer here. If you wish to find me, my discord username is Heroic_Spirit_Gomikubi.

#8 | Back to Top04-29-2012 08:59:42 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Hey, we can't win 'em all! I got dragged away, unfortunately, but there's always a next time. Maybe in a couple weeks we can get together and yap about ideas for silly CD packaging for the swap. emot-keke

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#9 | Back to Top04-30-2012 08:42:12 AM

wblstudios
Banned

Ashnod wrote:

Don't you dare blame me for leaving.  The chat started at 8, but I was in there since 5.  I stayed as long as I could.

Giovanna wrote:

Hey, we can't win 'em all! I got dragged away, unfortunately, but there's always a next time. Maybe in a couple weeks we can get together and yap about ideas for silly CD packaging for the swap. emot-keke

Yeah.  A chat I won't be able to attend, and it looks like this one's already going to be far more successful.

At least I finally got to me Giovanna.

F*ck it.  I tried.

#10 | Back to Top04-30-2012 09:30:05 AM

Ashnod
La poétesse revolutionnaire
Website

wblstudios wrote:

Ashnod wrote:

Don't you dare blame me for leaving.  The chat started at 8, but I was in there since 5.  I stayed as long as I could.

Wow, calm down.

Wasn't blaming you. Just disappointed that it was over when I was finally able to make it.

Flowers without names blooming in the field can only sway in the wind. But I was born with a destiny of roses, born to live in passion and glory.

http://www.dark-kingdom.org/Gallery/osrgbanner.PNG
Hat Mafia Member: Little Dark Poet

#11 | Back to Top04-30-2012 11:43:24 AM

satyreyes
no, definitely no cons
Website

wblstudios wrote:

Two and a half hours.

Three people.

F*ck it.

Yeah.  A chat I won't be able to attend, and it looks like this one's already going to be far more successful.

Hey, cool it!  No one on IRG owes you or anyone else their company.  I understand that you're frustrated and disappointed because you so rarely have a chance to hang out with us on the Internet.  I would feel the same way.   But do NOT take it out on us.  You have no right to expect others to hang out with you, and moderating your expectations is your job.

I sincerely hope that you're able to join us another time, under better circumstances.

#12 | Back to Top04-30-2012 01:44:21 PM

Dognog
Friend, Perhaps

I came later because I forgot how to sign in to aim :I I forgot you had to put @aim.com after the username, so there I was changing my password and trying to make a new account and stuff, but nothing was working. Then I remembered....o yeah. Stayed in there with Chrome Homura, then Hiraku came, and allegoriest came later too :3

"DOGNOG: He's got a fiancee, hoes, and freaks with his sister. He is the original PIMP."

#13 | Back to Top04-30-2012 05:44:54 PM

Chrome Homura
Poor Saionji :(

Yeah, it was a good time. I kind of felt overshadowed at points (and pretty much gave up on trying to be part of the conversation at... I forget exactly when) but... oh well. I'm not about to declare that I was entitled to any of it in the first place, I'm just glad there was a little something left over for me in spite of it all.

'Till next time, IRG.

I am no longer here. If you wish to find me, my discord username is Heroic_Spirit_Gomikubi.

#14 | Back to Top05-01-2012 01:10:43 AM

Syora
Presidential Accoster

I'm sorry that this was such a negative experience. As a person who has organized social events, it's hard when it doesn't work out or meet your expectations and it's tricky to not misdirect your general anger-at-the-world.

I know I don't owe any excuses, since no one was obligated to go, but I had a lot going on yesterday with my cousin moving out, so I wasn't able to come on as I had hoped.

I think the poor turn-out can be due to the fact that most IRG balcony chats give a lot of notice. Was it given maybe in another thread and it wasn't very well advertised, maybe? It was usually more than a week for previous balconies. I was actually really surprised when it said "Tonight, 8PM Eastern".

Chrome Homura wrote:

Yeah, it was a good time. I kind of felt overshadowed at points (and pretty much gave up on trying to be part of the conversation at... I forget exactly when) but... oh well. I'm not about to declare that I was entitled to any of it in the first place, I'm just glad there was a little something left over for me in spite of it all.

'Till next time, IRG.

Yeah it can be really hard to get a word in edge-wise on most Balconies. Sometimes conversations just take off, and I think this happens to most people, especially when it gets crazy with more than 15 people. I, too, feel overshadowed at times, but it's best to not take it personally because most people just are really enthusiastic about the topic and don't mean any harm.

Edit: Crappy sentence structure is crappy. Hope it still made sense.

Last edited by Syora (05-01-2012 01:13:31 AM)

Board footer