This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top06-19-2018 05:44:42 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

TOOT TOOT, looking for editors for the musical's translation!!!

Hello, friends! So barafubuki has completed the transcript and translation of the new musical, and I've done editing work and timing for the subtitles. We have in this sense a finished product, but I'd love to get a couple Japanese speakers to chime in with input as far as fine tuning the translation, since there's probably a happy medium we need to strike between bara's more literal translation and my more interpretive editing of it.

Anyone that wants to look through it would have access to the Japanese text, bara's translation, and my subtitles, as well as a copy of the musical they can view themselves that I certainly don't actually have. I'm basically looking for any broad feedback or any particular lines that aren't working, things like that. The largest part of the project is already complete, though I am going to be fidgeting of course with subtitle timing and things more carefully once the actual cut on the blu-ray is out, it'll be different from what I have.

Post here, or email me: mrsakioohtori at gmail.com, and we'll get this party started. emot-biggrin

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#2 | Back to Top06-27-2018 12:10:18 AM

DorianGray345
Tenjou Tilter

Re: TOOT TOOT, looking for editors for the musical's translation!!!

I may not be able to help out with this project, but I do have a question for you... Will the subtitles be available for download? I'd like to install them on my own copy of the Musical, when I get it.

"Depression, the bereavement of the Past
Anxiety, the imminence of the Future
Contentment, the seduction of the Present
Time flows mercilessly, and I reside on the Island of Denial"

#3 | Back to Top06-28-2018 07:53:53 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

They absolutely will be. I'm going to try and make a means to like, layer the subs over the existing blu-ray you may have. Otherwise, I'll at least be offering the subtitle files! Also, we will be streaming it here and there in groups for fun. emot-biggrin

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.

#4 | Back to Top07-10-2018 07:27:37 AM

mazoboom
The Boom King
Website

I can help.  And now with the release being postponed, I could easily finish before August.

#5 | Back to Top07-15-2018 02:38:20 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Whooo!

I PMed you more stuff mazoboom, since I don't quite want the video floating around just yet. But for you and anyone else that wants in:

This is my subtitle of the musical, transferred from the subtitle track to a document you can comment on:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uGvul … z3bIAPA3pM
(This is the translation I'm looking for feedback on.)

barafubuki's original transcription of the Japanese:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hem … CRpqsVd86k

and barafubuki's translation, which is the one I worked from:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IJu … oNpM2clNw8

#6 | Back to Top08-19-2018 03:16:59 PM

dirufacade
Ballgoer
Website

Hiya guys, should have my own copy of the Blu Ray shortly!  I was hoping you all would be kind enough to provide an explanation of how to apply yr subs to the movie bc tbh I would have no idea what I'm doing.

~ diru

Don't talk shit. One does not hear about Abraxas by accident.

Board footer