This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top04-15-2011 08:13:47 AM

codeblackhayate
When did we get pyrotechnics?

codeblackhayate's 'Finished' Utena Signet Ring!

I totally forgot to post this here! I "finished" version of the ring I posted a while back! It's super awesome sauce! >__< I can't get the ring sizes right though! They keep shrinking, so it's not really done, but finished with a few hours of elbow grease! I wish I had better camera skillz, it's hard to see how reflective it is! Next up, fixing the sizing and starting a design in SILVER.

Last edited by codeblackhayate (07-27-2017 04:59:19 AM)

Take my Revolution and shove it!

| SKU:PID Utena Parody |

#2 | Back to Top04-15-2011 08:19:37 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Re: codeblackhayate's 'Finished' Utena Signet Ring!

That looks incredible! Does the stainless steel make it lighter? How are you making them??

...but you're wearing it upside down! emot-wink
http://ohtori.nu/gallery/var/resizes/Series/Episodes/Student_Council_Arc/01/Series_ep01_035.jpg?m=1380825421

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#3 | Back to Top04-15-2011 08:21:25 AM

Ashnod
La poétesse revolutionnaire
Website

And when are they up for order??

Flowers without names blooming in the field can only sway in the wind. But I was born with a destiny of roses, born to live in passion and glory.

http://www.dark-kingdom.org/Gallery/osrgbanner.PNG
Hat Mafia Member: Little Dark Poet

#4 | Back to Top04-15-2011 08:25:05 AM

codeblackhayate

I graduated, so the signet gets turned! (Crazy tradition at my alma mater for our signet rings.) I don't know how much lighter it is, as I've only used one metal.

I'm running a batch for some friends, so I can get a better idea of ring sizing and cost...I don't wanna put them up and have someone order a ring that won't fit after everything is said and done!

Last edited by codeblackhayate (04-15-2011 08:25:18 AM)

#5 | Back to Top04-15-2011 04:08:10 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

I totally want one, but my finger is actually the finger of a midget. (Size 5.) Am I screwed? emot-frown

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#6 | Back to Top04-15-2011 05:46:51 PM

codeblackhayate

The ring posted is closer to a 6-6.5 than a 7. Either they shrink a ton, or my measuring of my finger is fail and didn't account for the band thickness. I was super focused on making the signet detail work, so I didn't pay as much attention to the size when I was prototyping. >___>

The model was made to a US 7's circumference. Theoretically, I can model sizes at least from a 4 to 12. The issue is making sure it stays that size when it's all said and done!

#7 | Back to Top04-19-2011 06:29:14 AM

Aelanie
Black Rosarian

Impressive detailing. The one thing that I've noticed about so many fan-made rings is that the rose crest is often very crudely rendered, nothing at all like the elegant design it's supposed to show.

The quality of your version is superior to most I've seen, although there are still some issues with the center "star" element, and I really want one with authentic pink enamel, even if red might be said to look sharper.

For a long time I've considered just biting the bullet and spending $500+ on a professionally made custom version, but believe it or not, I never seem to have that money just lying around... emot-rolleyes

I'd definitely be interested in at least hearing a price on the stainless steel version. Silver just doesn't wear well, and I bang my hands a lot at work...

Last edited by Aelanie (04-19-2011 10:17:19 PM)

#8 | Back to Top04-19-2011 02:18:22 PM

codeblackhayate

It used to be pink! I personally liked the red more, so I changed it when I was finishing it. The middle petals could be clearer, but I'd have to increase the size of the signet, which will work for a proportionally larger ring size, but tends to get bulky on the smaller sizes.

The prince on the stainless steel is Saionji.etc-saiowank

#9 | Back to Top04-19-2011 10:16:03 PM

Aelanie
Black Rosarian

The prince on the stainless steel is Saionji. etc-saiowank

DO NOT WANT!!

But I meant "price", obviously... emot-tongue

Board footer