This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#51 | Back to Top10-17-2006 02:50:47 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Re: [Welcome] Introduce yourself here!!

Tamago wrote:

FOOD GIOVANNA HAS NEVER HAD

OH GOD emot-aaa
Seconding request for cooking thread.

Again, I'm totally floored by how many people have showed up already, thank you so much! emot-biggrin And so many people from outside the United States! SKU is truly a worldwide phenomenon.

ferret wrote:

a word about akio. i sort of had this vague interest in him the first time i watched the series. then i discovered the akio site on here. my love for him grew exponentially after that. *insert akio penis erection joke here* etc-wankdude so... thanks gio. emot-smile

Muahahaha, another turned to the dark (or more specifically, deliciously chocolate-skinned) side! There's plenty Akio for all of us, sir. etc-wankgirletc-wankdudeetc-wankgirletc-wankdude

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#52 | Back to Top10-17-2006 03:01:17 PM

SleepDebtFairy
Revolutionary
Website

Frau Eva wrote:

Yay, I'm happy too! It apparently righted itself randomly. emot-biggrin Oh, the things we had to amuse ourselves with in the olden days of anime fandom. All they had was Dragonball and Sailor Moon, and WE WERE GRATEFUL! We walked uphill both ways in blinding snow just to get to Suncoast Video and WE LIKED IT!

Don't feel bad about cooking. All the people in North Carolina think I'm insane with the way I've been taught to cook. They think I spice things like a smoker, and I think everything is horribly bland. And Cajun food has no room for vegetarians, i.e. 1/3 of my friends. emot-gonk But anyone can cook with a good recipe and some dedication. And...everyone screws up something stupid at some point. emot-keke

I remember watching Sailor Moon and Dragon BallZ on cartoon network too. XD I used to love Sailor Moon when I was thirteen, but now certain things have ruined it for me. XD;

*nods* Well, I can't cook.. at all. XD; And I'm a very picky eater, sadly. My mom had a strict mom who made her eat things she didn't like, so she wanted to not do that and just let us eat what we wanted.. the downside to that is that we never developed a good taste for a variety things. We were mostly used to frozen and canned stuff. \: It's sad, but it's still hard for me to try new things now. XD; So now whenever I see complex dishes I'm like "..uh." I really need to work on that and try new foods. ;_;

Whee, so many people! *giddy* etc-love

#53 | Back to Top10-17-2006 04:02:25 PM

UtenaFanGirl
Ballgoer
Website

Hi all this is UtenaFanGirl!!!!!!

or Mariannie (in the fanart section) emot-biggrinemot-biggrinemot-biggrinemot-biggrinschool-devil

hi all and it is nice for me to be here...

self advertisement:
http://utenafangirl.deviantart.com/
emot-keke;

hmmm been an utenafangirl since 2001....yeah a year late before knowing that chiho saito was at anime-expo 2000 in the anahime convention center

though i only end up seeing Yu waste and Clamp emot-keke through my convention experiences

umm yeah...thats me

Chu chuu CHU!!!!

#54 | Back to Top10-17-2006 04:13:39 PM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

Razara wrote:

I'm Razara. It's nice to meet you.

My interests include Shoujo Kakumei Utena, or more specifically, Shiori... And just by saying that I'm sure that I've made myself an enemy to quite a few people on this fourm. Not that I mind, of course. I've always wanted to debate Shiori's motives. :3 I've been aspiring to write an essay about her for a while now, so I have a lot to say on the matter... A lot... Too much, really. I'm a bit obsessed. e_e

I should also mention that I absolutely love symbolism. Tracking down and deciphering symbolism is practically my hobby, that and writing fanfictions.

Other than that, there really isn't much to say about me.

Ooh, write the essay! I am rather a fan of essays myself, especially about this show. I just found when I used to do them they ended up being about way more than I intended, and then I lost control of the subject altogether. emot-gonk But I'd be really interested to see an essay on Shiori, if only because I have never been interested enough in her to really explore her character; I think it is because I never liked Juri [AWAITS FIERY DOOM FROM THE JURI FANS], but I really enjoyed Shiori's Black Rose episode for some sick reason. [shifty eyes]

I am also a symbolism whore. No wonder we love this show, eh? etc-wankgirl

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#55 | Back to Top10-17-2006 04:24:01 PM

azuresquirrel
Touga Topper
Website

UtenaFanGirl wrote:

self advertisement:
emot-keke;

Ah! Can I just say that I love your art? Because I do! Especially your Pirate Juri. etc-love

Me on gender identity: "I have more gender issues than an anime character."

#56 | Back to Top10-17-2006 04:34:03 PM

Razara
Marionette Mistress

Clarice wrote:

Razara wrote:

I'm Razara. It's nice to meet you.

My interests include Shoujo Kakumei Utena, or more specifically, Shiori... And just by saying that I'm sure that I've made myself an enemy to quite a few people on this fourm. Not that I mind, of course. I've always wanted to debate Shiori's motives. :3 I've been aspiring to write an essay about her for a while now, so I have a lot to say on the matter... A lot... Too much, really. I'm a bit obsessed. e_e

I should also mention that I absolutely love symbolism. Tracking down and deciphering symbolism is practically my hobby, that and writing fanfictions.

Other than that, there really isn't much to say about me.

Ooh, write the essay! I am rather a fan of essays myself, especially about this show. I just found when I used to do them they ended up being about way more than I intended, and then I lost control of the subject altogether. emot-gonk But I'd be really interested to see an essay on Shiori, if only because I have never been interested enough in her to really explore her character; I think it is because I never liked Juri [AWAITS FIERY DOOM FROM THE JURI FANS], but I really enjoyed Shiori's Black Rose episode for some sick reason. [shifty eyes]

I am also a symbolism whore. No wonder we love this show, eh? etc-wankgirl

I'm a symbolism whore as well, which is why I went to the trouble of founding every single symbol in episode 17. (Even the seemingly unimportant ones, like why we get so many shots of Juri's chest in that episode... Yes, it's symbolic.) This, I should note, is probably why I can't get my thoughts on Shiori onto paper without writing at least 20 pages.emot-gonk

I will definitely write the essay, though for now, I'm hoping that posting on this fourm will give me a chance to discuss my theories. (Expect a thread sometime soon.)

#57 | Back to Top10-17-2006 04:42:08 PM

UtenaFanGirl
Ballgoer
Website

azuresquirrel wrote:

Ah! Can I just say that I love your art? Because I do! Especially your Pirate Juri. etc-love

why thank you...i actually dreaw a pirate utena too but thats for one of my game forum called puzzle pirate

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/community/mvnforum/getavatar?memberid=381215

Chu chuu CHU!!!!

#58 | Back to Top10-17-2006 05:17:24 PM

allegoriest
Delicious Duellist
Website

ferret wrote:

i started getting into utena about five years ago by watching fansubs (this was back when the future of any DVDs after the student council arc was still in limbo). after watching the series i was able to watch the musical, and i loved it to death. before i even got into utena i was a huge seramyu (sailor moon musical) fan... and still am, really. i love the utena musical more than i probably should, actually. i prefer musical akio to movie akio, though. but yeah, after the musical, i eventually got around to seeing the movie. i can happily say shoujo kakumei utena is my favourite anime, and i don't see anything overtaking it.

*waves to onsenmark* i know you. emot-wink how dare this wonderful forum distract us from maplestory! did i mention that i snagged the character name "akio" on there? too bad i use it as a mule...

Musical Utena is awesome... But Akio's eyes scare me. X___x Seramyu is awesome too though. X3 Now I have a dire need to watch it and sing along.

...I'm forced to ask how far you got on maplestory, since it takes ALL ETERNITY to level for me.

#59 | Back to Top10-17-2006 05:24:50 PM

UtenaFanGirl
Ballgoer
Website

lol i use to play maple story but yeah it takes ages to level.....i play puzzle pirates, rakion and WOW!

Chu chuu CHU!!!!

#60 | Back to Top10-17-2006 05:34:25 PM

Tamago
God of Comedy
Website

UtenaFanGirl wrote:

self advertisement:
emot-keke;

I took a good long peek through your work and you sure are versatile emot-keke and quite talented too cool

#61 | Back to Top10-17-2006 06:16:22 PM

onsenmark
Spambane
Website

ferret wrote:

hi everyone, i'm dan. emot-smile let's see... i'm canadian, currently stumbling my way through college. gunna be a schoolteacher, i am. school-eng101 (majoring in biology, minoring in japanese.) my poor students. if i teach japanese, do you think it'll be a good idea to expose them to utena? yes, i realize that's a rhetorical question on this forum.

i started getting into utena about five years ago by watching fansubs (this was back when the future of any DVDs after the student council arc was still in limbo). after watching the series i was able to watch the musical, and i loved it to death. before i even got into utena i was a huge seramyu (sailor moon musical) fan... and still am, really. i love the utena musical more than i probably should, actually. i prefer musical akio to movie akio, though. but yeah, after the musical, i eventually got around to seeing the movie. i can happily say shoujo kakumei utena is my favourite anime, and i don't see anything overtaking it.

my favourite character is nanami. never have i gone from hating a character to loving a character in such a way. i'm proud to own the fanlisting for her (omgshamelessplugi'msorry), and it was one of the earliest SKU fanlistings made, in fact. other characters i like are shiori (also got the fanlisting for her), kozue, and akio. pretty much all the characters that any kind of "mainstream" fan would immediately dismiss as a whore and/or bitch. i also have this strange love/hate relationship with saionji and ruka. and i've always hated touga thoroughly (except musical and movie touga, of course).

a word about akio. i sort of had this vague interest in him the first time i watched the series. then i discovered the akio site on here. my love for him grew exponentially after that. *insert akio penis erection joke here* etc-wankdude so... thanks gio. emot-smile

*waves to onsenmark* i know you. emot-wink how dare this wonderful forum distract us from maplestory! did i mention that i snagged the character name "akio" on there? too bad i use it as a mule...

Ohsnap, a Mapler! XD Who are you?

I wondered who picked up "Akio". I tried getting that one on... Khaini?... and it said it was in use. emot-frown I managed to get "AkioOhtori", though. emot-dance

watch me whine: onsenmark.livejournal.com

Saa, omae no tsumi o kazoero!

#62 | Back to Top10-17-2006 06:47:10 PM

Melusina
Wakaba Wrangler

Hi all.  . . I'm Melusina. Battling my way through university (English teacher. Someday!) while trying to write as many stories as I can. I work as a writing tutor, but I'm pretty far from a crazy grammar lover. Much to the students' dismay. ;) My roomate got me hooked on Utena (evil, evil woman. Must love her) and. . . that was the beginning of the end. I'm also very fond of Witch Hunter Robin, Fruits Basket, and Escaflowne. When I'm not watching anime, I love anything via Joss Whedon. I adore freeform roleplaying and console games, and I'm absolutely hooked on anything Final Fantasy. I love to cook, am obsessed with Victorian England, and really wish that I could sew. Someday I'll learn, but for now I'm content with cross-stitching and wishing I had more time. My favorite character, hands down, is Anthy, although I have a soft spot for Juri as well. I love musicals to such an extent that I've actually seen clips of the Utena one on YouTube. I'm not sure why I torture myself like this. ;)

#63 | Back to Top10-17-2006 11:44:14 PM

Christi_Morelei
Touga Topper
Website

Hello all. I'm Christi, I'm 18, and I live in Florida. I'm not terribly forum-savvy, so I tend to be the lurking type. I fell in love with SKU the moment I saw it, so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to join the forum once I heard it was going to open. I would not be as big a fan of the show as I am now if it hadn't been for EM, so I owe a big thanks to Gio and Yasha for hosting this wonderful website. My favorite characters are Nanami, Ruka, Mikage and Akio.

"Illusion is the first of all pleasures." - Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)

#64 | Back to Top10-18-2006 12:16:34 AM

BakaElf
Miki Molester
Website

UtenaFanGirl wrote:

azuresquirrel wrote:

why thank you...i actually dreaw a pirate utena too but thats for one of my game forum called puzzle pirate

http://forums.puzzlepirates.com/communi … rid=381215

PUZZLE PIRATES?!?!?!?!! emot-dance

I was so addicted to PP in the summer. I need to start playing again. etc-loveetc-loveetc-love

And I will have to check out this Pirate!Juri~ Whee!

I wish we had devart's :ahoy: emote emot-keke;;;

#65 | Back to Top10-18-2006 12:21:10 AM

Maarika
Someday Shiner
Website

ferret wrote:

i love the utena musical more than i probably should, actually. i prefer musical akio to movie akio, though.

Musical Akio was nice. I guess he was based off the manga, but the only flaw he had was that he was shorter than Touga and Utena.  XD

Also, it's nice to see so many people have come! And some of the names seem familiar too. Maybe.

The Saionji Support Squad:
Believing in True Friendship Since 2008.

#66 | Back to Top10-18-2006 01:16:21 AM

UtenaFanGirl
Ballgoer
Website

BakaElf wrote:

I was so addicted to PP in the summer. I need to start playing again. etc-loveetc-loveetc-love

lol i dont play that much but sometimes i do (but i love rumbling) i'm an ult on it hehehehe

and i'm a gunner XD though my sailing is awsome i hate doing it

oh i play on the ocean Sage..u?

Chu chuu CHU!!!!

#67 | Back to Top10-18-2006 02:01:49 AM

ferret
New Student
Website

onsenmark wrote:

Ohsnap, a Mapler! XD Who are you?

I wondered who picked up "Akio". I tried getting that one on... Khaini?... and it said it was in use. emot-frown I managed to get "AkioOhtori", though. emot-dance

ferretclaw on LJ. emot-smile i've seen you around on the maplestory community lots of times.

allegoriest wrote:

Musical Utena is awesome... But Akio's eyes scare me. X___x Seramyu is awesome too though. X3 Now I have a dire need to watch it and sing along.

...I'm forced to ask how far you got on maplestory, since it takes ALL ETERNITY to level for me.

yeah, i love all the characters, really. musical akio is exquisitely emasculated, but not near as much as movie akio. emot-rolleyes now, if movie akio could sing, well... i just don't know. (no comment on video game akio... except... NIPPLES.)

as for MS, i've been playing for nearly three years now, but it's not like i have a whole lot to show for it. currently the highest i managed to get was level 71 ("ferret" on scania). lately i feel like i'm the only one who plays the game legitimately, so i haven't been playing it as much...

#68 | Back to Top10-18-2006 01:08:50 PM

Sephigirl
Wakaba Wrangler
Website

Hey All

I'm Katherine - *waves to everyone and my fellow afu'ers*

Still posting to AFU, still love to discuss Utena!

Hm - grew up as an AF brat so I've lived all over the US, in Germany and in Guam.  Currently mired in Nebraska for too many years.

I won't give my age, but I believe I'm the oldest person here - so clean your rooms, and for gawd's sake, tell them crazy Student Council kids to keep their clothes on! 

Um - I've been a fan of Utena for . . . 6+ years (lost count).  My friend Anj loved the show - she wanted to seduce me to the anime side, so she showed a pic of Touga & Saio - she knew I'd love Touga and she was right. 

I'm also new to anime - well maybe not as much now.

I am a major Touga fan (he can do no wrong - well, most of the wrong he does - I love him all the more for it), plus love my fellow Sag - Mikage (who can resist a lost-soul, nerd?), then Akio's there because who can tell that man no?  I couldn't. 

Dislike Nanami, Anthy, and Saionji.  Should I put that more gently?  Not as fond of?

I'm a writer - finished two manuscripts - just have to get them submitted - just lazy.  Working on another novel and framing three others.

For pure fun - I also love to write BAD, painfully BAD fanfics.  Tho' I am seriously working on two Utena fanfics.

And I love animals, most esp. kitties!  Oh - and broody boys.  With long hair.  And long legs.  And tiny hips.

Only the broody ones need apply.

#69 | Back to Top10-18-2006 04:51:34 PM

.deep.blue.
Miki Molester

Hello emot-keke

I'm new here but I've lurked on the site for like 2...3 years maybe? I dunno. I'm the one that submitted the Utena wallpaper and I went by the name of "Hiryu Nakazaka".

Everyone calls me Butch... Well, thats my name in real life but you can variate or whatever; I dont care. emot-tongue

I live up in Toronto, Canada but nothing special here.

I'm an Utena junky at heart but thats usually kept within the crevices of my head. emot-tongue

As for other things, I'm a Rockman X, Street Fighter and Quake junky, but most of my affinity is in Rockman X and Utena stuff emot-biggrin

Favourite character is of course Utena mainly because she's strong-willed emot-keke Others include Himemiya, Touga and Mikage. Himemiya because... Oh I dunno she's cool emot-keke Touga because lol pimp (So is Akio but I like Touga better.) and Mikage because LOL crazy. LOL

I work as a part-time cook but looking to expand my profession by thinking of going to Hong Kong in the near future.

I'm a motorcycle-head. I just love them choppers. OCC FOREVER D:

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h57/_deep_blue_/Astarot/asatarotsig.gif

emot-keke

#70 | Back to Top10-18-2006 05:07:54 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

.deep.blue. wrote:

I work as a part-time cook

Recipe threads are mandatory. emot-biggrin

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#71 | Back to Top10-18-2006 05:09:20 PM

BakaElf
Miki Molester
Website

UtenaFanGirl wrote:

BakaElf wrote:

lol i dont play that much but sometimes i do (but i love rumbling) i'm an ult on it hehehehe

and i'm a gunner XD though my sailing is awsome i hate doing it

oh i play on the ocean Sage..u?

I don't like rumbling, but I do like swordfighting. emot-dance emot-keke;

AND I HATE GUNNING. emot-mad HATE.

I rock at bilging, but I prefer sailing. I've tried Nav, it's okay, not my favourite.

I play on Viridian emot-kekev

#72 | Back to Top10-18-2006 05:24:49 PM

UtenaFanGirl
Ballgoer
Website

BakaElf wrote:

I don't like rumbling, but I do like swordfighting. emot-dance emot-keke;

AND I HATE GUNNING. emot-mad HATE.

I rock at bilging, but I prefer sailing. I've tried Nav, it's okay, not my favourite.

I play on Viridian emot-kekev

gunning is freaking awsome...and easy...XD in my crew i sit and gun..and be idle till i'm neaded so i read utena fanfiction at that time...

lets see my stats
i'm an Officer and Gunner of PRFC
swordfighting: Solid/respected
bilging: Weightery/renowned
Sailing: Expert/master
Navagating: Narrow/able (lol yeah i'm not that much of a naver...same with b-naving)
gunning: Weightery/master
carpentry: Weightery/renowned
rumbling: soild/lengendary

my other skills like for parlor games utterly sucks

Chu chuu CHU!!!!

#73 | Back to Top10-18-2006 05:25:16 PM

.deep.blue.
Miki Molester

Giovanna wrote:

.deep.blue. wrote:

I work as a part-time cook

Recipe threads are mandatory. emot-biggrin

Simple Bolognese Sauce:

Mise en place:

Soffritto/Mirepoix (Carrots, Onions, Celery) - Large diced
Plum fresh Tomatoes
Browned ground Beef
Red Wine
Chicken/Beef Stock
Milk/Cream (Cream preferrably)

Cooking Method:

- Sautee Soffrito/Mirepoix until light golden brown.
- Add and combine brown ground beef with the sauteed veg.
- Add Red Wine (Depending on amount of sauce you are cooking) and let it reduce.
- Add tomatoes and stock. Cook down until everything looks liquidy good.
- Add milk/cream 15 minutes before the sauce is done.

Pour this sauce over any style pasta you desire.

Hope you like this meat-sauce that you made FROM SCRATCH 8-)

Also, if you want pictures of some of the dishes that I have taken pictures of, here's a link:

http://option--zero.deviantart.com

I stopped updating because I simply had no time to take pictures while at work.

Last edited by .deep.blue. (10-18-2006 05:31:17 PM)

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h57/_deep_blue_/Astarot/asatarotsig.gif

emot-keke

#74 | Back to Top10-18-2006 06:52:54 PM

Professor Plum
Touga Topper
Website

Sephigirl wrote:

Hey All

I'm Katherine - *waves to everyone and my fellow afu'ers*

*Waves back*  Hi Sephi! It's Vince!

Sephigirl wrote:

Still posting to AFU, still love to discuss Utena!

Hm - grew up as an AF brat so I've lived all over the US, in Germany and in Guam.  Currently mired in Nebraska for too many years.

I won't give my age, but I believe I'm the oldest person here -

No, you're not the oldest.  I am.

Sephigirl wrote:

so clean your rooms, and for gawd's sake, tell them crazy Student Council kids to keep their clothes on!

Same from me.

Guess what, folks, you now have a forum mom and dad. school-freud

#75 | Back to Top10-18-2006 08:06:35 PM

Shiranna
New Student

Hello, my fellow lovely Utena fans!  I'm so happy we finally have some forums!

Let's see...I've been an Utena fan since late in 2003, when my sister managed to get me obsessed with it--and I definitely got more obsessed than even she.  I was stunned when I first discovered EM, with all its glory.  Since then I just lurked around EM and constantly checked for updates, so here I am! emot-dance  Anyway, I'm one of those obnoxious teenage girl SKU fans.  Currently living in Oregon, back in the middle of nowhere.  There's a lot of trees.  And cows.  Pretty exciting, eh?

My favorite characters would have to be Anthy and Nanami.  Anthy's just so awesome with her veiled evilness, how could you not love her?  Nanami...well, she's Nanami.

I also admit to having a secret love for *gasp* Akio Ohtori.  Damn you, Gio!  You've turned us all!

Board footer