This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top12-15-2014 01:11:02 PM

Smearg
New Student

Searching desperately for a way to get some Rose Signet Rings

I'm pretty new to the fandom, I only recently finished the series and decided a couple weeks ago that I would get my friends some Rose rings for Christmas, as we all watched the show together and really got into it. I figured it wouldn't be too hard. Long story short: I've searched as much of the internet as I could in these past two weeks and not found what I'm looking for. I've been searching more specifically for a decent looking one, preferably made of some kind of metal, where the design is molded on in some way rather than just being painted on, and I don't want to go too much higher than $20-25 each. I found a couple on etsy that are currently acting as my last resort, I've gotten into contact with the seller and everything over this one:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/86713082/r … pe=gallery
But I have some problems with it, and for the price I'm not a fan of the rose design being a decal.

I came upon this forum a while ago while searching, and originally made an account just to view links. I know there have been a lot of threads like this in the past because I went through every one of them, and it seems as though almost every place that you used to be able to buy these rings no longer sells them. The perfect affordable ring to me was the one Rightstuf used to give away with their DVD sets, but I got in contact with them and it turns out they have none left.

I found out that a user on here named Grinning Maniac used to make and sell these rings, and while not my ideal they seem to be the best available for that price, and I would have bought them if not for the fact that they no longer seem to be available on his Etsy page either.

If anyone has any idea where I might be able to get a hold of these, I'd appreciate suggestions, or even if any of you have these rings and are willing to sell them within my price range, I'd be interested. I'm looking to buy anywhere between 1-7 rings. The sizes are not incredibly important to me, but if options are available it would be a variety of sizes.

Last edited by Smearg (12-15-2014 01:11:23 PM)

#2 | Back to Top12-15-2014 08:59:04 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Re: Searching desperately for a way to get some Rose Signet Rings

Hmm..called Ashnod! emot-wink

Honestly, for the price point you probably won't find better than the decal ones. The Right Stuf one is very well made though, and may be worth looking for on the used market. I have one from uh...many moons ago...that was contracted by a jeweler for a lot of fans, and those being molded and silver cost like $140 each. The ones in Japan, which are not real silver, go for about the same.

Since you're willing to buy so many, maybe consider being willing to pay more for a single one; in that case you're far more likely to find something somewhere used. emot-smile

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#3 | Back to Top12-15-2014 09:24:07 PM

Smearg
New Student

Who's Ashnod?
Anyways thank you for the advice, I didn't expect such a notable member on this site to be my first response. If you don't know of any other options, I feel assured that there probably aren't any.

The saga of searching unfolds a new chapter, as it turns out. I contacted Grinning Maniac through his etsy earlier, and apparently I am not alone-- even though they are not currently listed, he is still making and selling the rings, as other people have contacted him directly just as I have. This may likely end up being the end of my search, if I get get the batch for a price I can afford.

#4 | Back to Top12-16-2014 05:40:30 AM

codeblackhayate
When did we get pyrotechnics?

For a molded one, you probably won't get it for 25. You'd be paying an artist to design custom jewelry, not pulling a mass produced piece off the shelf. For an artist, materials alone would be pretty pricey, so they would be getting very little for time spent designing and finishing each ring.

Take my Revolution and shove it!

| SKU:PID Utena Parody |

Board footer