This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top09-12-2013 07:59:00 PM

mistspinner
Ohtori Paramouri

Oh God Ikuhara why: the doujinshi

Idk if many people around here are familiar with it, but Hideaki Anno, Yoji Enokido, and some other famous anime names put together a sort of gossip book about Ikuhara a while, which it's fairly fantastic, if for no other reason than Ikuhara's Christmas cards.

Which are just pictures of himself. One of which was taken while wearing nothing but a tie. With Enokido. In the middle of winter.

It's not completely translated, but it is still one of the weirdest Ikuhara-related things I have ever seen, and I love it all the more for that.

(potential nsfw and definite wtfery here)
http://sakuga.yshi.org/pool/show/8

#2 | Back to Top09-12-2013 08:41:29 PM

gorgeousshutin
Bare Footman
Website

Re: Oh God Ikuhara why: the doujinshi

Is it really true?  Could it be that the rumor Anno and Ikuhara are/were friends with benefits really true emot-aaa

Well, whatever their relationship is, please never ever let Anno be the one to give Utena a 'Rebuild' treatment.  Like, just no emot-mad

(SKU/MPD) Seinen Kakumei Utena (Completed as of May 12, 2018) / (PSOH/SKU) Revolutionary Human Leon (Updated to Part 4 as of Oct 31, 2017) / (NGE) The End of Hedgehog_s Dilemma (Updated to Part II Chapter 6 as of May 17, 2016) / (BananaFish) Medusa (Updated to Chapter 3 as of Mar 1, 2016)
http://archiveofourown.org/users/gorgeousshutin/works or https://www.fanfiction.net/u/3978886/

#3 | Back to Top09-12-2013 09:02:53 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

http://i.imgur.com/tCGIyif.png

What. The. Fuck.

Um... I had to submit this to the goddamnit-ikuhara tumblr because what the fuck. I credited you for finding it, mistspinner. This needed to be shared. emot-gonk

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#4 | Back to Top09-12-2013 09:18:48 PM

mistspinner
Ohtori Paramouri

(Ironically I run that tumblr, but hey, this fanbook is golden in all wrong ways - what's the harm of sharing a little more wtf-ery with an innocent audience? emot-keke;)

Is it really true?  Could it be that the rumor Anno and Ikuhara are/were friends with benefits really true:O

Anno calls him Iku-chan. Hideaki Anno. Calls Ikuhara. Iku-chan.

I think that's all I have to say on this matter.

http://sakuga.yshi.org/data/sample/81ae45fbb0c9131e470dc44a400ba4c1.jpg

Also, these - is he wearing a poncho? Why does he have a traffic cone on his head? Why is there a paper plate on the traffic cone? Why did Enokido agree to this?

Why. Just why emot-gonk

#5 | Back to Top09-12-2013 09:27:30 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

mistspinner wrote:

(Ironically I run that tumblr, but hey, this fanbook is golden in all wrong ways - what's the harm of sharing a little more wtf-ery with an innocent audience? emot-keke;)

emot-rofl Did I accidentally jump your release there? Sorry about that, feel free to delete it and do your own up if you want! Actually, I'd thought about replying that there are a few people here that know Japanese or can puzzle through it who might be willing to attempt a translation, but I know we're already bugging Dallbun about other stuff and I don't remember who all else can read it...

mistspinner wrote:

Also, these - is he wearing a poncho? Why does he have a traffic cone on his head? Why is there a paper plate on the traffic cone? Why did Enokido agree to this?

Why. Just why emot-gonk

I say I hate this man, but honestly, I think he's the greatest troll anime has ever seen and I hope he lives to be a hundred years old, if only so he will keep trolling his fandoms until there's nothing left but broken minds and tears of despair.

Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#6 | Back to Top09-12-2013 10:00:35 PM

mistspinner
Ohtori Paramouri

Ah, it's no problem - someone posted about it a while ago with translations of the essays, so it's already on there emot-smile It was a fairly recent thing though and I hadn't seen much about it here, so I thought I might as well share the joy that is nearly-nude Ikuhara with everyone emot-rolleyes

#7 | Back to Top09-12-2013 10:07:12 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

He is a terrifying creature, to be sure. I really don't know what goes on in that man's head. emot-keke

#8 | Back to Top09-12-2013 11:23:28 PM

Kita-Ysabell
Covert Diarist
Website

This is exactly the sort of behavior I wish to engage in when I become a famous author.  emot-biggrin

Which is totally a thing that will happen, by the way.

"Et in Arcadio ego..."

#9 | Back to Top09-13-2013 07:10:19 AM

yuzukelly
Rose Smilee

*snorts* Oh my god mistspinner ! :'D I just discovered that blog last night (I'm spookyjulia, the one who did the Sailor Ikuni XD) and it's pretty darn amazing! This book is hilarious too, I had never heard of it before!! XD

#10 | Back to Top09-13-2013 07:41:21 AM

Decrescent Daytripper
Best Disney Princess

Reminds me of the doijin anthology Kenichi Sonoda used to put together with special features like anime director's adventures on the toilet or that time Hideaki Anno said really embarrassing things about a voice actress who was in the room without his noticing.

My Brain is the Wakaba and Shiori Funtime Hour. With limited commercial interruption.

#11 | Back to Top09-19-2013 03:22:09 AM

Noktoartifice
Wakaba Wrangler

Yasha wrote:

He is a terrifying creature, to be sure.

Say what you like, to me he is one of the most majestic creatures ever created. He is quite terrifying though.

Apparently you're looking down here in the hope of finding something amusing. No such item can be found. Get Lost.

#12 | Back to Top12-22-2018 12:07:39 AM

Tsundere_Clegane
Wakaba Wrangler

Oh my fucking goodness. He really was always like this, huh? emot-rofl

Wakabaa!!!

Board footer