This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#26 | Back to Top06-13-2009 06:02:26 AM

Clarice
Well hello, Clarice...
Website

Re: Personal Quirks?

I don't generally like laughing at television or movies in front of people -- I generally hold it in and end up crying from the effort, which tends to make people think I'm nuts. emot-rolleyes (By "crying," I mean people look and me for no real reason and then do a massive doubletake when they notice I have tears streaming down my face...) I also don't like to sleep without music; currently I have on rotation music from Riven, Zork: Nemesis and Hindi-inspired meditation music that inspired the middle soundtrack. This is probably but one of the reasons why I will always sleep alone...

Last edited by Clarice (06-13-2009 06:02:51 AM)

It takes forty-seven New Zealanders eight months to make just one batch of 42 Below Vodka. ...luckily, that leaves one of us free to be Prime Minister.

Beyond The Silver Leaves

#27 | Back to Top06-13-2009 05:17:29 PM

ShatteredMirror
Yaoi Pet #1

When I'm under a lot of pressure, I tend to fall asleep at random with little to no warning. Of course, that never helps me fall asleep at night. If anything it makes my insomnia worse.

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.

#28 | Back to Top06-13-2009 05:27:18 PM

spoon-san
Someday Shiner

Syora wrote:

*races off to make thread about sweet cartoons*

Do you ever steer the controller when playing racing games? lol

I don't play a whole lot of racing games, but I do tend to follow my movements somewhat in fighting games such as Killer Instinct or if I am playing an action side-scroller such as Super Mario Bros. (which lately I have been addicted towards) or Mega Man X.  But if I was playing Mario Kart or something of that nature, the same would probably apply.

LOL, you would NOT have fun with us, my friend and I get the shit scared out of us and scream like babies until we pop the ear drums of innocent bystanders. I also cry like a baby during remotely sad parts. I'm a sensitive bitch, but that's OK. ;D

I'm sure I could deal though your friends might strangle me before the movie was over with and I'd go home in a complementary body bag.  And I'm an insensitive asshole so I think you have the better deal, but I suppose the grass-is-greener effect applies here as well.

#29 | Back to Top06-13-2009 06:47:14 PM

Epee_724
Polar Prince

I lapse into languages that i cant speak fluently
If excited i stammer (in english)
I read magazines back cover first, I assume i have manga to thank for that one
When nervous i fiddle with my shirt
If im not staring im not making eye contact at all
I trip A LOT
I sleep on my back with my hands clasped over my stomach which has earned me the nickname dracula among family members
Im very belchy

Yep im an oddball

Whatever you find worthwhile in life, is worth fighting for!

#30 | Back to Top06-14-2009 05:48:20 PM

Bluesky
Chpn Dlst
Website

Oh yes. I used to be a huge grammar nazi, the type that corrects notices with a black pen and comments on people's speech, which pissed everyone off at the time.
But now, oddly I have completely ceased to care about any of it, spelling, grammar, pronounciation, the whole lot, to the extent that sometimes I lapse into these things myself and find it highly amusing when someone is annoyed by it.
Which is wrong, I know, but hey....

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

#31 | Back to Top06-14-2009 06:03:47 PM

Alexandra
Covert Diarist

I have a habit of standing up too fast out of my seat and feeling very dizzy.  I have to stop and lean on something for a moment to catch myself.
I have to sleep with a light on.  I'm terrified of darkness.
I sit on one of those donut cushions while on the computer.  It's just comfortable.
I have the urge to tell other people to wash their hands... I keep my hands very clean. >.>

I used to sleep during the day and be awake at night.  Not so much anymore.

#32 | Back to Top06-15-2009 01:55:21 AM

Adrasteia
Memorial Hollerer
Website

I never noticed it until a few people pointed it out, but when I'm nervous or uncomfortable I take off my glasses and clean them or take off/put on my jacket. It's weird that I'm so easy to read, and given that I get uncomfortable so often I'm a little saddened by it. emot-tongue

I also make "hmm" and "mmm" noises all the time, and my friends tease me for it. I have like, 6 variations of the noise which all express different things. Man, these things were all done unconsciously up until this year when people starting associating me with them. My girlfriend picked a few of the "mmm"s up and is teased for it.  I'm a hand talker, too.

And uh, what else? It's a little bizarre analyzing yourself... I suppose my two last biggest quirks that people notice fairly quickly after meeting me is that I'm overly apologetic and dislike hugs/intense physical contact with most people. Being touched has always bothered me, and it causes problems when your social circle consists of extremely touchy-feely people.

I remember how my girlfriend used to hug me all the time when she first met me(which I enjoyed for questionable reasons emot-tongue ) and felt terrible and shocked when my friend from high school told her that I hated being touched. Oooh, I was so pissed at that friend... She was trying to protect me, which is sweet, but man, she nearly saved me 7 months of sex! I was not impressed.

Board footer