This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top08-14-2007 11:10:11 PM

Wolfio
Miki Molester

Clay/Modeling suggestions?

I've been messing around with some really bad air-dry clay, and am enjoying it a lot.

However, the clay sucks. I can't get sharp corners and edges with it, it picks up every fingerprint and mark I place on it unintentionally, it has a horrible texture that I try to smooth out to no avail, and that fact that it air dries makes it hard to add details later on and I am always breaking limbs off when trying to get into corners I missed.

I'm disgusted at how this Kozue model I've been working on is coming out. There are a ton of errors on my part that could have been fixed if it wasn't air-dry, but the worst thing is the texture. All I have to paint these things are acrylics, which wouldn't be so bad if what I was painting was smoother. It looks messy because of all the bumps and nicks in the clay.

I'm going to continue to use this clay until I run out; I will not be buying any more of the stuff. The problem is that I don't know a thing about any type of clay you bake. Does anyone have any suggestions?

#2 | Back to Top08-14-2007 11:32:53 PM

Yasha
Bitch Queen
Website

Re: Clay/Modeling suggestions?

The only type of clay I ever used was called 'Fimo' and it was the kind you bake. I remember the texture being very pleasant to work with, however, and you could do some really neat things with it.

Hat Mafia Member: Ratchedface
Je vais mourir pour l ' a e s t h e t i q u e
Internet Atrocity Tourist             -           MY POSTS             ARE WARSHIPS

#3 | Back to Top08-15-2007 08:59:40 AM

Wolfio
Miki Molester

When searching the internet for suggestions, various sorts of Fimo clay came up multiple times. I'll keep that mind. emot-smile

#4 | Back to Top08-15-2007 09:15:40 AM

Rae
Black Rosarian

You can't go wrong with baking clay emot-biggrin Super Sculpey works great too but Fimo is a lot more durable.

#5 | Back to Top08-15-2007 04:18:31 PM

KissingT.Kiryuu
Hentai Hero!!!
Website

Sculpy

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q278/SisterElla09/mrsaturnDance.gif

Board footer