This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#1 | Back to Top05-12-2012 06:38:32 AM

wblstudios
Banned

Anyone heard of Iron Maiden?

(reposted from my blog)

So I was recently RPing with a good friend of mine (A man you may remember, from the Mary X saga, as Kevin Frost, with a brief role as Setsuna from Last Blade 2).  It's a private RP, and I prefer to keep my private RPs private, but the short summary is it's a medieval-era RP.  I was recently looking for some new music, on my Staycation, to listen to during the epic climactic battle scenes we did during our 4 1/2 and 5 hour back-to-back RP sessions.

When nothing new struck my fancy, I started looking into some of the older stuff.  I came across two songs... "Dream of Mirrors" and "2 Minutes to Midnight"... that fit the various battle scenes perfectly.  Of course, as most of you know, these are two songs by a little-known outfit by Iron Maiden.

This is what I love about the internet.  In a medium where Rick Astley can become a bigger celebrity in the modern day than he was back when he actually put that album out, you can discover awesome stuff from the past that you might have missed.  I'll admit, I was listening to rap music back when Iron Maiden was at their peak of popularity.  But digging through the past, and listening to whatever random songs YouTube throws my way, I'm gonna have to admit something.

I'll admit.  I'm far, far, FAR behind the times.

But I'm officially now an Iron Maiden fan.

Can anyone recommend their favorite Iron Maiden songs or albums?

Also... if I were to do another Extreme Bishoujo Wrestling type of anime, can anyone recommend any series you'd like to see represented this time, or any characters?  I'm becoming a huge fan of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, and although I really don't like these series that much, I acknowledge I might have to bring in someone from Bleach, One Piece or Naruto.

And if nobody replies, I'll just have to quit writing.

#2 | Back to Top05-12-2012 10:22:47 AM

Ashnod
La poétesse revolutionnaire
Website

Re: Anyone heard of Iron Maiden?

wblstudios wrote:

(reposted from my blog)

So I was recently RPing with a good friend of mine (A man you may remember, from the Mary X saga, as Kevin Frost, with a brief role as Setsuna from Last Blade 2).  It's a private RP, and I prefer to keep my private RPs private, but the short summary is it's a medieval-era RP.  I was recently looking for some new music, on my Staycation, to listen to during the epic climactic battle scenes we did during our 4 1/2 and 5 hour back-to-back RP sessions.

When nothing new struck my fancy, I started looking into some of the older stuff.  I came across two songs... "Dream of Mirrors" and "2 Minutes to Midnight"... that fit the various battle scenes perfectly.  Of course, as most of you know, these are two songs by a little-known outfit by Iron Maiden.

This is what I love about the internet.  In a medium where Rick Astley can become a bigger celebrity in the modern day than he was back when he actually put that album out, you can discover awesome stuff from the past that you might have missed.  I'll admit, I was listening to rap music back when Iron Maiden was at their peak of popularity.  But digging through the past, and listening to whatever random songs YouTube throws my way, I'm gonna have to admit something.

I'll admit.  I'm far, far, FAR behind the times.

But I'm officially now an Iron Maiden fan.

Can anyone recommend their favorite Iron Maiden songs or albums?

Also... if I were to do another Extreme Bishoujo Wrestling type of anime, can anyone recommend any series you'd like to see represented this time, or any characters?  I'm becoming a huge fan of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, and although I really don't like these series that much, I acknowledge I might have to bring in someone from Bleach, One Piece or Naruto.

And if nobody replies, I'll just have to quit writing.

One of their better known songs is "Run to the Hills," and it's very good. emot-smile

Flowers without names blooming in the field can only sway in the wind. But I was born with a destiny of roses, born to live in passion and glory.

http://www.dark-kingdom.org/Gallery/osrgbanner.PNG
Hat Mafia Member: Little Dark Poet

#3 | Back to Top05-12-2012 03:34:25 PM

wblstudios
Banned

In the end, I decided to purchase "From Fear To Eternity: The Best of 1990 to 2010".  23 songs for 10 bucks, seemed like a good place to start.

But nobody's interested in another season of Extreme Bishoujo Wrestling, or something along those lines?

#4 | Back to Top05-12-2012 05:40:01 PM

gorgeousshutin
Bare Footman
Website

And here I've come into this thread thinking its about the medieval torture instrument . . .

(SKU/MPD) Seinen Kakumei Utena (Completed as of May 12, 2018) / (PSOH/SKU) Revolutionary Human Leon (Updated to Part 4 as of Oct 31, 2017) / (NGE) The End of Hedgehog_s Dilemma (Updated to Part II Chapter 6 as of May 17, 2016) / (BananaFish) Medusa (Updated to Chapter 3 as of Mar 1, 2016)
http://archiveofourown.org/users/gorgeousshutin/works or https://www.fanfiction.net/u/3978886/

#5 | Back to Top05-14-2012 04:45:55 PM

purplepolecat
Atlantean Singer

Iron Maiden were the first band I ever got into seriously. This was way back in the 80's. They provided me with my first glimpse into the world of Heavy Metal. I spent the entirety of my teenage years listening to metal almost exclusively. My tastes have diversified now, but I still have an enormous affection for the music and the subculture.

My advice is, listen to the 100-minute monster album "Live After Death" (1985). It has all the best songs from their early career, and IMHO is the best live album of all time.

I also recommend Judas Priest - start with "Screaming For Vengeance".

We're here, we're queer, we don't want any more bears!
Honorary Hat Mafia Member
Now Playing: Bear Supply - "I Maul Out Of Love"

#6 | Back to Top05-16-2012 07:42:43 AM

wblstudios
Banned

gorgeousshutin wrote:

And here I've come into this thread thinking its about the medieval torture instrument . . .

No you didn't.

If that were the case, the title would have been "Anyone heard of an/the iron maiden"?

Board footer