This is a static copy of In the Rose Garden, which existed as the center of the western Utena fandom for years. Enjoy. :)

#401 | Back to Top09-29-2014 11:03:39 PM

Raven Nightshade
Someday Shiner

Re: Painted Ladies: All About Makeup (and Skin Care)

So, NYX has a new collection on their website called Wicked Lippies. I heard about it months ago, but I guess they finally released it for Fall. As I was farting around at Ulta today, I went to look for them, but they're not in stores yet. The beauty supply still had the Macaron collection, which is great if you like pastels. (especially if you were disappointed by KVD's Coven, since Macaron has a much better dupe for $6.)

I'm also providing a link to this blog post, so you can see swatches in a non-professional setting.  I need both purples, both blues, and the green.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it home again.
It's so far and out of sight.
I really need someone to talk to and nobody else
Knows how to comfort me tonight.

#402 | Back to Top10-23-2014 05:03:07 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Raven Nightshade wrote:

So, NYX has a new collection on their website called Wicked Lippies. I heard about it months ago, but I guess they finally released it for Fall. As I was farting around at Ulta today, I went to look for them, but they're not in stores yet. The beauty supply still had the Macaron collection, which is great if you like pastels. (especially if you were disappointed by KVD's Coven, since Macaron has a much better dupe for $6.)

I'm also providing a link to this blog post, so you can see swatches in a non-professional setting.  I need both purples, both blues, and the green.

I NEED COLD HEARTED.

Unfortunately, the only two places here that carry NYX are the Target and Ulta.  Target offers a very limited range and Ulta is ALWAYS out of stock and is in general a pretty poorly kept store (out of stock items, messy shelves, etc.).  I have been trying to get my hands on the Transylvania Lip Cream for weeks.  :/

I did score a bunch of shit (the balm, BH cosmetics, Sigma, Lorac, NARS) from various sales and hautelook if anyone has any questions on their shit.

Last edited by OnlyInThisLight (02-10-2015 05:40:06 PM)

#403 | Back to Top02-02-2015 09:08:18 AM

Snow
Troublesome Insect

I've bought myself a bottle of that micellar water stuff and it's fantastic! Removes makeup efficiently without water, it doesn't feel greasy and doesn't burn my eyes like other makeup removers do! Yay! Also, less outbreaks and less discoloration.

Only thing I mind is that you need quite a lot of it to rub off a full face of makeup, so it's being used up rather quickly, but the bottle is huge and the water from the brand I use (Garnier) is quite affordable. Makes me wonder what the high-end ones in Vogue do if the basic variant is so efficient.

It's like the cloud fairies come and douse your face in morning dew and birdsong etc-love

#404 | Back to Top02-02-2015 10:42:39 AM

zeedikay
Sunlit Gardener (Prelude)

I don't normally use makeup, but I do get a good mileage out of nail polish. With that in mind, one day I ended up using a black I got from Claries (Black on Black to be exact), and a Pure Ice polish called Cheatin to coat over it. Cheatin is pretty much made from clear gel, and purple and blue glitter. Seems like the two of them together make something that looks like a dark purple! I'm curious how many other colors I can cheat out with this method.

#405 | Back to Top05-01-2015 06:28:37 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Cleaning out my MASSUF makeup collection.  Throwing out things that are, according to MAH MAKEUP SPREADSHEET YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH are expired or that I just really fucking don't like or use.  Drumming up a list of what I want to repurchase. 

so organization, such clean

#406 | Back to Top05-03-2015 12:10:53 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

OnlyInThisLight wrote:

Cleaning out my MASSUF makeup collection.  Throwing out things that are, according to MAH MAKEUP SPREADSHEET YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH are expired or that I just really fucking don't like or use.  Drumming up a list of what I want to repurchase. 

so organization, such clean

Is it just bacteria/degeneration that causes people to name an expiry date on makeup? Because uh, I never throw any away until it's beyond useless. emot-redface

So I've traditionally gone to MAC to get my liquid concealer for under my eyes, because I have dark circles to begin with, and then work 12 hour shifts, which improves nothing. But to be honest, I'm done with MAC, their customer 'service' has just become unbearable, and I'm just not going to shop somewhere that increases my blood pressure on arrival. But I did love the concealer. Any recommendations? It's hard to color match me, so it'd have to have a good range of colors, and it needs staying power--I wear it for like 13 hours at a time, often including at least one moderate breakout of sweat, and typically zero time to retouch/give a fuck.

Also, since my hair's been cut on an angle, I have a NOT RUKA lock of hair that tends to fall in my face and look super adorable the more messy my hair gets. However, since my forehead is made of nothing but grease, it tends to start looking gross pretty quickly. Should I be looking at carrying a small dry shampoo, or would it work better to put something on my forehead to dry it out?

I'm a pain in the ass, I want makeup to magically look great but I just don't have the time or inclination to do upkeep once I'm at work. emot-frown

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.
~ Professor Arisa Konno, Eng 1001 (Freshman Literature and Composition)

#407 | Back to Top05-03-2015 12:47:06 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

The "expiration" has to do with both bacteria build up and drying out of the product.  This involves factors including the product itself and its moisture content, where the product is applied (eyes and lips = you want to be more cautious of any bacteria), how it is stored (do try to avoid storing makeup in your humid bathroom), whether application involves direct contact between your skin or fingers and the product (pumps on liquid products are niccccccccce) and so on.  I have acne so I tend to be a little more cautious than most.

I throw out my powder foundations and finishing powders after a year. Same for blushes and bronzers and highlighters if I have used them heavily, otherwise they can hold for up to two years as far as bacteria goes, though they may turn chalky.  A liquid foundation I will keep between 6 months and a year, depending on whether or not the bottle has a pump applicator or squeeze tube to minimize direct contact with my skin.  Mascaras I never keep for more than three months, because they are the most prone to bacteria growth (the product repeatedly comes into contact with your eyes; is moist) and tend to dry out anyway.  Lip products and cream cheek products are 6 months.  Nail polishes I keep until I have too many nail polishes.

So I've traditionally gone to MAC to get my liquid concealer for under my eyes, because I have dark circles to begin with, and then work 12 hour shifts, which improves nothing. But to be honest, I'm done with MAC, their customer 'service' has just become unbearable, and I'm just not going to shop somewhere that increases my blood pressure on arrival. But I did love the concealer. Any recommendations? It's hard to color match me, so it'd have to have a good range of colors, and it needs staying power--I wear it for like 13 hours at a time, often including at least one moderate breakout of sweat, and typically zero time to retouch/give a fuck.

Also, since my hair's been cut on an angle, I have a NOT RUKA lock of hair that tends to fall in my face and look super adorable the more messy my hair gets. However, since my forehead is made of nothing but grease, it tends to start looking gross pretty quickly. Should I be looking at carrying a small dry shampoo, or would it work better to put something on my forehead to dry it out?

The two best recommendations I have as far as coverage and staying power are the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer (which is what I currently use) and Benefit Erase Paste.  NARS texture and application is more in line with MAC's as it is liquid and applies with a doe foot applicator, and has a wider shade selection.  Even better coverage, but with trickier application due to its thickness is the Benefit Erase Paste.  It comes in a pot (you'll want to use the included tool to take product from it as most fingers can't fit in) and a little goes an insanely long way.  I recommend applying either product by lightly patting them into the skin, don't use a brush or sponge to swipe or blend.  The NARS will crease if you over apply, so layer it, and it only really creases immediately after application.  Touch up once or twice with your finger on the way to work and you won't have any problems.

As with any other concealer, they will last longer if you set them with a powder. I use Make Up Forever's Microfinish Translucent Setting Powder.  I apply it with a fluffy as fuck brush.  If you want added staying power after that and especially oil and sweat control, Urban Decay's 24 hour DeSlick is the best shit ever.  I use it for workouts, it's damn good.  There's also primers that help control for oil, but I have found that the ones that hydrate really well (like Stila's One Step Correct), when paired with an equally good moisturizer does an even better job controlling oil.  Bonus is that the Stila primer is one of the few products I have found that actually does the color correcting it claims, so it's great for people like me with a lot of redness and adding additional coverage for dark circles.

For your bang problem, a dry shampoo such as batiste will only work once.  Otherwise the product will build up and turn your hair ashy and powdery and strongly scented.  Instead take oil blotting sheets (thin enough to keep in your pocket) and keep your translucent setting powder on hand to apply afterwords.  In a pinch, you can dust a bit of it onto your hair.

Greasy girls have to stick together. emot-redface

EDIT: If you are comfortable, I can text you pictures showing how the NARS works (My Erase Paste was old and did not survive the Purge) on my eyes.  I'm pretty self conscious about my skin so I'm not up to posting the pics publicly.  emot-redface

Last edited by OnlyInThisLight (05-03-2015 03:46:39 PM)

#408 | Back to Top05-04-2015 02:40:33 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

That would be awesome, but you don't have to. I'm self-conscious, too! Thanks a TON though, the NARS sounds like what I'm looking for, and I've had really good experiences with their products in the past.

So I've gotten into the habit of making MY OWN face scrubs and I keep forgetting to post recipes. I do this the same way I cook, so I'd never be able to recall portion, but it'd be nice to remember what the hell I did with them here and there, so I'll try to remember the next time I do one. I'm currently using a papaya seed (which is a spicy kind of burn, strangely) one that smells like chocolate cake, and I DON'T REMEMBER HOW I DID IT. emot-gonk Because there's...nope. No chocolate.

Akio, you have nice turns of phrase, but your points aren't clear and you have no textual support. I can't give this a passing grade.

#409 | Back to Top05-13-2015 10:30:39 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Got a Kevyn Aucoin eyeshadow quintet off Hautelook for 16 bucks that in true Hautelook fashion took so long to be delivered to me that I forgot I ordered it.  When initially swatched on the hand the colors look pale and sheer, but damn if this eyeshadow isn't meant to be applied to the eyes and not my hairy arms, as it transforms on my lids.  It's so effortlessly ethereal looking and easy to blend, and strong enough in the color and the light it reflects to cover up my rather translucent, veiny eyelids quite well.  And there is a rose gold shade that applies peachy by itself, but turns a rich, antique gold when laid over the included olive shimmer shade.  unf. 

I think there is a common misconception late that the higher the pigmentation and more opaque the color, the better the product.

#410 | Back to Top05-14-2015 09:41:49 PM

Crystalline_Dream
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)

Does anyone have recommendations for any particularly good LUSH products? Maybe a nice lotion or facial cleanser? (Safe for dry, sensitive, acne-prone skin.) I've also been curious about their massage bars and shampoo bars, but I'm really willing to try anything (sans the makeup)--I love bath and body products! I realize that YMMV with LUSH, but if you guys have had any great experiences with a particular product, my boss just gave me a gift card and I want to treat myself! Thanks in advance! emot-keke

#411 | Back to Top05-14-2015 10:39:55 PM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

My favorite product of theirs is Ro's Argan. It's like a cream you put on and wash off in the shower, and leaves my skin all happy and silky. I also love Whiplash (I think?), it's a black body scrub bar, it's gorgeous sexy but to be honest it makes such an unholy mess you'll want to shower outside or something if you use it. For massage bars, I've always liked Therapy and the white and chocolate heart one I can't remember the name of. It smells like yum.

For lotion I've always been a huge fan of Fair Trade Foot Lotion, which I've put everywhere including my face at times. Facial cleanser, well you can't beat Angels on Bare Skin. I only stopped using it because at this point, I make my own face products.

Someone else might do better suggesting things for your acne-prone skin, since I don't have that problem, but I've used like half their product line. emot-redface

#412 | Back to Top05-15-2015 01:06:44 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

I used their Ocean Salt Scrub on my body every shower and it was great for body breakouts, and their Porridge soap, the green one with tea tree oil, is great for the face and body (in the shower; I wouldn't use it as a daily cleanser).  The massage bars can be pretty heavy feeling on the skin, and hard to use unless your shower water is Satanic Hot, so I have typically not been very pleased with any I've tried.  They always felt like I was smearing Crisco on myself.  Many of the bath bombs are very moisturizing and make your skin feel fantastic after using them (Twilight is heaven; lavender and tonka), but they are only 1-2 uses each (you can cut them) when a massage bar can last you over a month.

For their shampoos I actually use their Big Sea Salt Shampoo and Retread Conditioner.  I have thick hair (in follicle size and number) and the BSS makes my roots feel so damn clean (it's really good if you have dandruff) and the volume I have after I use this shampoo is perfect; my typically heavy hair feels light and solid and perfect.  You almost have to pair it with the Retread though (a little goes a long way on it) because you are essentially scrubbing your scalp and hair with salt.  And the best?  My super oily hair stays nice like two whole days after a wash with this stuff, when otherwise my oily hair weighs itself down and begins to section off the second day (the first day if the humidity is high).

#413 | Back to Top05-15-2015 03:44:54 PM

Crystalline_Dream
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)

Thank you for the recommendations Gio and OITL! etc-loveetc-loveetc-love

#414 | Back to Top06-26-2015 08:37:03 PM

Crystalline_Dream
Sunlit Gardener (Finale)

Double-posting to update on my first Lush experience and the fact that I took some of your fabulous recommendations! I spent more money than I wanted, but hey--we all need to treat ourselves once in a while.

I ended up taking your recommendation Gio and getting a sampler of the Ro's Argan. It smells lovely, but I didn't think the results lasted long enough--maybe I used too little in the shower? I'd definitely be willing to revisit it though. I also went for the Therapy massage bar you recommended. I adore the skin-silkening results, though I'm not the biggest fan of the smell. I also almost bought the Angels on Bare Skin, but the Lush employee (side note: I don't know if I've ever met a nicer group of employees who genuinely seem to love their jobs) recommended Herbalism to help tame my skin, and then to move up to Angels. I took her advice and started with Herbalism, and I've really enjoyed the results. It's very clarifying and so fun to use! I'm excited to use Angels next though.

OITL, I used the Porridge Soap and LOVED the exfoliating oats. It was a little messy, but it felt and smelled awesome. I also got a sliver of Honey I Washed the Kids and have been enjoying that as well. I got the Twilight bath bomb on your recommendation (holy moly the smell is SO relaxing), as well as the Butterball and Sex Bomb. LOVE.

I also got the Rose Jam Bubbleroon, which smells heavenly (same scent as the Ro's Argan I think) and the American Cream Conditioner, which makes my hair supple and gloriously scented.

I am so pleased with my experience with Lush, and I appreciate their promotion of human rights, natural ingredients, and fighting against animal testing. I may have found my new favorite brand (but alas, on a student's budget I won't be able to go very often)! Thanks, y'all!

#415 | Back to Top07-07-2015 06:29:44 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Another thing to note about LUSH, if you buy online you get a 1-3 cute, random samples.  I've gotten little blocks of soap, bath melts, massage bars and solid deodorant that were pretty much too adorable to use.  And if anything comes broken (as happens often with bath bombs) a quick call and they replace it.  I've had this happen multiple times with multiple bath bombs in a package (once up to three) and never once was a I questioned for it.  Just a nice, unhesitant apology from the CS rep and then they shipped the replacements with no extra shipping fee.  It's fantastic, because I always kind of feel like a douchenozzle mentioning broken product (because it doesn't change anything about the bath bomb's use other than the appearance and the "pattern" it makes while fizzing.  I love the way Twilight makes your water slowly go from bright pink to a clear, gorgeous dark purple with starlight shimmer, so it bums me out when they come broken and everything comes out at once). 

Also, posting today because I noticed Walgreens has new Disney Princess themed cosmetics and look books for sale.  They don't appear to be ELF, but Walgreen's itself?  I saw Pocahontas, Ariel and Mulan.  Each Princess gets a lookbook, nail polish set, and then a unique item (Pocohontas= Bronzer and brush set; Ariel= Eyeshadow Quads; Mulan= Opaque Lip Glosses). The lookbooks themselves are interesting because the watercoor art on them looks gorgeous and the products inside are pretty typical, but big.  Ariel and Mulan even have an actual tube of lipstick inside.  Wonder if they are any good.

Also wondering if we will ever get a Mulan theme set of her male look.  Some brow cream, wax, powder and a spoolie brush, a translucent setting powder (all that marching works up a sweat), a matte ashy contour shade to chisel out a jaw and a nude, matte lip color.  Everything designed to be longwearing and budge-proof because NO ONE MUST KNOW.

Also was a little surprised how expensive Drugstore cosmetics have gotten.  It has been awhile since I have purchased any make-up due to CRUSHING POVERTY but damn.  I have a hard time figuring out a 10 dollar drugstore lip liner.

Last edited by OnlyInThisLight (07-07-2015 06:31:48 PM)

#416 | Back to Top07-07-2015 07:37:56 PM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

The new palettes are done by the same company that produces Wet N Wild, from what I understand. They're supposed to be on a similar scale to Comfort Zone if you have that palette (which I think I remember you saying you did?) -I do, and I think it's on par with some of my Sephora purchases, tbh.

Thanks for the heads up about LUSH's samples and shipping damages policies! I've been hesitant to order from them since I moved up here (because I've only ever shopped them in a store), but I REALLY miss some of their products. Soon as all our deposits are made, there will definitely be a Treat Yo' Self day.

Last edited by MissMocha (07-07-2015 07:38:25 PM)

The first time you looked at her curves you were hooked
And the glances you took, took hold of you and demanded that you stay
And sunk in their teeth, bit your heart and released
Such a charge that you need another touch, another taste, another fix

#417 | Back to Top07-07-2015 07:48:01 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Oh, the Color Icon palletes or whatever they are calling them? Grapevine says their recent Color Icon palletes have been really powdery and awful, and many think they straight up changed the formula since the Comfort Zone 8 pan and the Trios.  I know I never cared for, say, the quality of the Petal Pusher pallete or any of their new 8 or 5 pan pallets with the bright colors and there's a reason Comfort Zone is almost always picked clean off the shelves etc-love.

Although it was tempting to pick up some of the special new Venice Beach Limited Edition 8 pan palletesthat had deep, bright colors and a mix of mattes and shimmers.  The only thing was, of the three palletes released as part of this little set, there are multiple overlapping shades.  WTF WnW.  I guess the idea was if you wanted cools you went for one, warms another, and both you could get the third pallete, which had some from either.  Still. I'd rather just have 24 unique shades, yah?

Last edited by OnlyInThisLight (07-07-2015 07:58:55 PM)

#418 | Back to Top07-07-2015 08:09:28 PM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

Yeah, Petal Pusher is abysmal-I can't believe it's a permanent for them!  I haven't seen the Venice Beach collection at my Walgreens, although I did pick up one of their 6 pans from the previous one, the Silver Lake collection's Thrift Store Chic (and I'd've gotten Vinyl Collection if it had been at my store!) It's actually the first WnW eyeshadow I've picked up since CZ and PP, and I really like it. I keep it in my at work makeup bag. Have you seen Kat Von D's Mi Vida Loca palette for the holidays? They literally JUST posted pics, and it's a really mix of neutrals and pops. I hope the quality is better than last year's holiday palette though. Closer to her permanent ones would be nice.

Last edited by MissMocha (07-07-2015 08:11:42 PM)

#419 | Back to Top07-07-2015 08:25:05 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

MissMocha wrote:

Have you seen Kat Von D's Mi Vida Loca palette for the holidays? They literally JUST posted pics, and it's a really mix of neutrals and pops. I hope the quality is better than last year's holiday palette though. Closer to her permanent ones would be nice.

I dunno, they look like mostly primary shades (in that I have a set of soft pastels with these exact colors I use on clay), which I can get from Wnw, and a lot of unused space in the larger palette*... then again, it looks like a fucking vinyl record hell yes.  I WANNA SEE WHATS IN THE LITTLE CASE THE PART OF ME THAT KNOWS MY LADYBIRD IS THE SHIT DEMANDS IT. F5F5F5F5

*My vanity is running out of space, and that's after I've been making dedicated efforts to clear it out and have put a halt on all cosmetic purchases.  :c

#420 | Back to Top07-08-2015 06:31:59 AM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the layout of the shades -I like grids. But I don't have a lot of brights in my collection, so there's nothing there that would be a dupe for me -plus with the neutrals in the center, it could be the perfect palette for traveling. Literally one and done. The little one is the original Mi Vida Loca she released 3 or 4 years ago -the big one is a remix/reissue of it. It's supposed to be just as good as all the other little tin palettes (Ladybird is my baby and I also finally got my hands on Poetica). Using the tin for scale, I don't think it'll be too big - probs about the size of a 45 in keeping with that "looks like a vinyl" feel.

Still, I feel you on the clearout/nobuy. I'm putting a bunch of stuff that's unused/hoarded on r/mue pretty soon. We're moving and I just don't want to pack it.

#421 | Back to Top07-08-2015 12:23:37 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

Makeuptalk also has a really good, organized way for trading or selling your makeup, complete with user trade ratings, though it might not move as fast as a reddit thread.  As as an example, here is my currently blank trade thread*.  If I have something, I can edit it in and then bump it.  If you click on my reviews, you can see feedback people I have traded with have left me, etc.  It's all very convenient.

*Granted, it's pretty old and I haven't used it in forever, so the rules and regs for Swap and Buying threads have changed a little; namely, I need to list whether or not I would be willing to ship internationally, and I would need to start making a point of keeping old product information listed and labeled for the purposes of review (at the time, once something was sold or traded, I just deleted the listing).

ALSO, I'd love to hear your thoughts on Poetica; it's so pretty looking and appears as though it would be a great compliment to Lady Bird, allowing you to glam up a LB day look for night.

Last edited by OnlyInThisLight (07-08-2015 03:11:35 PM)

#422 | Back to Top07-09-2015 01:25:48 PM

Yams
Nest Boxer

I generally stick to The Body Shop.

I tend to find that when products are too organic/ natural, they're either really expensive or a bit unpredictable/ unstable (without emulsifiers, they're going to split, or without preservatives they'll expire quickly). The Body Shop is more in-between; just natural enough without losing any of your modern conveniences. My skin is very particular and sensitive, as well as being acne prone. The Tea Tree line is the best thing I have ever had the pleasure of using on my skin, especially the Tea Tree mask. And their Beautifying Oils (especially the Olive Oil one) are STUNNING. It completely fixed my hair issues. My hair is thin and fine and normally gets strangly looking when I grow it down to my shoulders, so I've had a Pixie for years now. I've been recommended natural coconut oil, almond oil and so on my friends but all it does it bog my hair down with greasiness. The Beautifying oils absorb gorgeously and, after I've shampooed and used the Oils, my hair looks like it's been blow-dried at a salon, no exaggeration. I've had friends just see a crappy mobile photo on FB and go 'wow! what did you change in your hair!?' that's how noticeable the difference is. All their make-up have some kind of skin care element; all the lip glosses and sticks have some shea butter or other moisturizer and so on. My eyes, again, are fairly sensitive and prone to getting infected; I love their mascara, eye-liners and metallic eye definers.

I have a question; I have these shimmer eye cube powder thingies. I feel like the last few times I used them they irritated my eyes. But I'm not sure if it's just my eyes being bitches or that the cubes have outlived their time (I hardly ever use them, so they're like new). Can I like, scrape the tops off them or something?

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i232/YamPuff/im%20holllowz_zpsx9ddh2gp.png~original

#423 | Back to Top07-09-2015 01:37:37 PM

OnlyInThisLight
KING OF ALL DUCKS

YamPuff wrote:

I generally stick to The Body Shop.

All their make-up have some kind of skin care element; all the lip glosses and sticks have some shea butter or other moisturizer and so on. My eyes, again, are fairly sensitive and prone to getting infected; I love their mascara, eye-liners and metallic eye definers.

I have a question; I have these shimmer eye cube powder thingies. I feel like the last few times I used them they irritated my eyes. But I'm not sure if it's just my eyes being bitches or that the cubes have outlived their time (I hardly ever use them, so they're like new). Can I like, scrape the tops off them or something?

It could be shimmer from the eyeshadow falling out over the day into your eye, or your eyeliner and mascara.  All these things have abrasive qualities, so also be sure you are being gentle on your eyes when you apply; don't tug the skin around your eyes when applying liner or pull the lids around, don't overblend or use too much pressure when applying your eyeshadow, especially if you are using your fingers or a stiff brush. You'd be surprised how gentle you have to be when it comes to the skin on your face (I cleanse and do my skincare routine with no washcloths and am as quick and with as little prolonged scrubbing contact as possible, and it has done wonders for my redness).

#424 | Back to Top08-01-2015 11:05:26 PM

MissMocha
Bettie Page Princess

Just a heads up since I know a few of y'all like the OCC liptars: Sephora is phasing the line out, so they're on sale for around 8 bucks a tube. Looks like they'll only be carried by Nordstroms in the future.

#425 | Back to Top08-02-2015 08:20:43 AM

Giovanna
Ends of the Fandom
Website

Shit, I wonder if that's true for Canada? I'm pretty sure we already own their entire line anyway. emot-redface

Board footer